blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Stag Do!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Stag Do!  (Read 16829 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:37:03 AM »

Hi all.... I've been granted the honor of being my friends best man - he wants his Stag in Vegas (Spring 2019)....Does anybody have any recommendations / tips for things like:
- places to stay
- flights
- things to do
....and anything else you can think of!

Please nothing too expensive as there is a group of 10+ and want to keep everybody included.

(Stag is 28 - if anybody has advice on how to stitch him up its welcomed  Grin)

Thanks guys!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 12:42:07 AM »

If you give me a rough budget, I'll put some options together for you.

Do you have any firm dates, as those can impact on the costs quite heavily, too.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 12:42:33 AM »

Edibles if you want to stitch him up Cheesy

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 12:48:26 AM »

If you give me a rough budget, I'll put some options together for you.

Do you have any firm dates, as those can impact on the costs quite heavily, too.

Hi Marky, appreciate it!

I think we'd look to be as strict with the budget as possible for things like hotels/flights.... activities I guess people would have an option but would want the group to do as much as poss together.

For dates we were looking end of March/April time (no earlier), however hes getting Married in the Autumn (being the terrible best man I am I don't even know the date they've set  I think its October time... will double check) so we could go over the summer / early Autumn too if there was a huge difference in price but I think spring suits better.

Edibles if you want to stitch him up Cheesy

Righto I'll make sure its done Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 12:56:16 AM »

If you can go in the week, you'll be able to do a lot more, for a lot less money hotel wise.

Or are you just going out Friday, and then coming back Sunday/Monday?

Vegas is one of the best cities in the world for partying, in that it's busy every night, but you get proper walloped for tables/hotels at weekends.

I'd probably try flying out Sunday, then back on Friday. Get a good few nights in, avoid paying any double rate hotel nights, and have a weekend recovering when you get back.

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 01:09:37 AM »

If you can go in the week, you'll be able to do a lot more, for a lot less money hotel wise.

Vegas is one of the best cities in the world for partying, in that it's busy every night, but you get proper walloped for tables/hotels at weekends.

I'd probably try flying out Sunday, then back on Friday. Get a good few nights in, avoid paying any double rate hotel nights, and have a weekend recovering when you get back.

I think everybody is pretty flexible so it would be possible to go during the week... Somewhere between 5-7 days (any less isn't really worth the journey imo)

Knowing a few of the people who would be coming they'd need the following week to recover Grin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 01:34:21 AM »

I think everybody is pretty flexible so it would be possible to go during the week... Somewhere between 5-7 days (any less isn't really worth the journey imo)

Knowing a few of the people who would be coming they'd need the following week to recover Grin

If you're trying to budget, then Sun-Friday is perfect. You land on Saturday, and have a couple days to recover.

I'll have a flick through some March & April  Sun-Fri packages now.

I presume you'll mostly be just getting rinsed, so won't be doing much gambling?

If that's the case, then you can sometimes snag some decent deals through 3rd parties.

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 02:13:29 AM »

If you're trying to budget, then Sun-Friday is perfect. You land on Saturday, and have a couple days to recover.

I'll have a flick through some March & April  Sun-Fri packages now.

I presume you'll mostly be just getting rinsed, so won't be doing much gambling?

If that's the case, then you can sometimes snag some decent deals through 3rd parties.

Awesome thanks Marky Smiley

Yeah thats pretty much it... maybe a bit of gambling but a lot of the lads aren't that interested
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »

https://www.holidayusa.co.uk/

Just had a quick look there, at a couple weeks in April, and the middle week of the month looks really cheap for hotels.

7-12th April

Excalibur   £272 (Resort Strip View Twin)
Ballys       £581 (Twin Room)
MGM      £621 (Twin Room)

14th-19th April

Excalibur   £199 (Resort Strip View Twin)
MGM      £297 (Twin Room Strip View)
Mirage   £392 (Volc/Strip View Twin)
Palazzo   £434 (Standard Room)
TI      £471 (Deluxe Queen)
Cosmo   £623 (City Room Twin)
Bellagio   £844 (Fountain View Twin)

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 04:34:20 AM »

https://www.holidayusa.co.uk/

Just had a quick look there, at a couple weeks in April, and the middle week of the month looks really cheap for hotels.

7-12th April

Excalibur   £272 (Resort Strip View Twin)
Ballys       £581 (Twin Room)
MGM      £621 (Twin Room)

14th-19th April

Excalibur   £199 (Resort Strip View Twin)
MGM      £297 (Twin Room Strip View)
Mirage   £392 (Volc/Strip View Twin)
Palazzo   £434 (Standard Room)
TI      £471 (Deluxe Queen)
Cosmo   £623 (City Room Twin)
Bellagio   £844 (Fountain View Twin)

awesome thanks bud Smiley do you have any recommendations regarding flights? I think I remember somebody once saying something about going to Dublin first? Or was I dreaming?
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 08:22:12 AM »

You have to do a little bit of spadework and quantify just how low a budget you need to work to (otherwise Marky is going to be spending time on stuff that isn't ever going to happen.)

When you look at the dates, Ballys for £581 or Palazzo for £434 …. not only is 434 a smaller number, but it is a much better hotel.  But it isn't worth doing too much work if your group would just take the cheapest possible and do £199 at Excalibur.  Nothing wrong with doing that on a stag ofc, just easier to help if people can rule some things out.

A quick look on the 14th-19th shows that Virgin is ~ £1800 for a flight, so that's going to pretty much be a showstopper.  It would be a case of finding a week where the hotel price is right AND the flight is right, or the package is right.

As a guide, direct flights will go for £800 or so.  Is that on budget?  If it is, that's the best way for sure.  If the flight needs to be as cheap as possible, you can go "via Amsterdam via Houston" or you can fly from Dublin -- the price will go down but you will probably lose an extra day travelling - is the £ more important than the time off work?  Ofc that's a question only you can answer (on behalf of the group) and neither answer is wrong.  But when you give that answer (and any blackout dates) then I'm pretty sure someone on here (Marky most likely) will find a cracking deal at the right budget for you.

I also did a quick couple of searches, looks like Iberia (?) are taking the Gatwick slot vacated by Virgin next year, might be some cheap direct options with them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 08:35:18 AM by Simon Galloway » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »

You have to do a little bit of spadework and quantify just how low a budget you need to work to (otherwise Marky is going to be spending time on stuff that isn't ever going to happen.)

When you look at the dates, Ballys for £581 or Palazzo for £434 …. not only is 434 a smaller number, but it is a much better hotel.  But it isn't worth doing too much work if your group would just take the cheapest possible and do £199 at Excalibur.  Nothing wrong with doing that on a stag ofc, just easier to help if people can rule some things out.

A quick look on the 14th-19th shows that Virgin is ~ £1800 for a flight, so that's going to pretty much be a showstopper.  It would be a case of finding a week where the hotel price is right AND the flight is right, or the package is right.

As a guide, direct flights will go for £800 or so.  Is that on budget?  If it is, that's the best way for sure.  If the flight needs to be as cheap as possible, you can go "via Amsterdam via Houston" or you can fly from Dublin -- the price will go down but you will probably lose an extra day travelling - is the £ more important than the time off work?  Ofc that's a question only you can answer (on behalf of the group) and neither answer is wrong.  But when you give that answer (and any blackout dates) then I'm pretty sure someone on here (Marky most likely) will find a cracking deal at the right budget for you.

I also did a quick couple of searches, looks like Iberia (?) are taking the Gatwick slot vacated by Virgin next year, might be some cheap direct options with them.

Yes, Iberia, Spain's flag-carrier, is now part of IAG which includes BA, so they can be trusted. The spare slots at Gatwick arise because Virgin is moving it's Vegas flights to Heathrow & replacing it's ageing 747's with 787 Dreamliners.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »

A stag I know got made to bungy off the Stratosphere tower. The best things I’ve done in Vegas are a helicopter ride up the strip at night and the gun store at east Tropicana ave.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »

https://m.travelrepublic.co.uk/holidays/hotels/beee2701-14be-48ab-ae4d-b5dccd40dce5

7th April - 12th April
Staying in Luxor, flying with Thomas cook from manchester
£628pp
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 03:27:36 PM »

Yeah, all of that Grin

I'd say if you allocate £1k pp for flights & hotels, you're gonna hopefully come in well under that.

You do that (firm up a budget), and I'll find you a flight/hotel package.

The other stuff you can sort later.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:29:13 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: