blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  About Albus
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: About Albus  (Read 10363 times)
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2020, 08:01:31 PM »

Making a set is very much the best way to play Jacks.

Good to see you last weekend Vince.

Good to see you too David & the Raise 4 Jack team.
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2020, 08:54:28 PM »

Continued my winning cash session at Aspers, Stratford last night.

Drove straight from work. No normal Friday night comp as they had a £440 888 special on. I was only there for the cash anyway.

I was 20th on list for £1/£1 but the way the tournament tables were breaking, it was only about a 25 min wait for a new table to open.

I sit down in seat 6 with £160 - I play there regularly but didn't recognise any of the other players. win a couple of small pots then a loose aggro English guy that I have played against before sits down on my immediate left. Not ideal, but I know how to play him. He opened first for hands (including straddling by BB) but only won one with 2nd pair. Slowly chipped up including a couple of pots against a loose guy in seat 3. He had not long sat down and he raised to £10. I have  and see a flop of  . he bets £20 and I call to see  on Turn. He ships for £45 and I tank call thinking he has AK or AQ. River is  two spades and he is slow to turn over so I show and he mucks - looked like K7 off. He asks what the minimum reload is - apparently £30 one time reload after that it is £40. He scrounges £30 from a mate on another table.

Two hands later I pick up  I limp as I think loose guy might tilt shove. Seat 7 makes it £4 and two callers + loose guy so I flat. Flop  Loose guy bets £6, I call and OR calls. Turn  loose guy ships for £20 and I call rest fold. River is  - I flip over my house and he shows  for a useless rivered straight. He leaves and a lady sits down. We chop a small pot on river with KJ on a Q955T board. I am sitting on around £295 and get  I raise to £6 one caller and lady makes it £22. I called and it is HU to flop of  . I bet £20 and she ships for £56 total - I am concerned she could have an overpair but can't fold. She has  - board runs out clean but I am still in profit. I carry on for another 30-40 minutes and end up leaving with £270 and a nice £110 profit over a two hour period.

Looking forward to my next visit
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2020, 10:08:18 PM »

I love these old school hand histories Mr Fawkes.

I can't decipher the modern algebraic ones that the kidz post. They make me feel like I need an Enigma machine and a mate at Bletchley Park.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: