blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Is Vlad Mad?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Vlad Mad?  (Read 4648 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 07:47:18 PM »

How do we know who's in the right here?

I thought these days it was generally agreed that expanding your country by invading your neighbours was bad?

Is there any doubt that is the end goal for Russia?

Are these questions directed at me?

Did you miss the last sentence where I stated I don't have a clue?

I include Russia's end goal in the list of things I don't have a clue about.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2022, 08:31:00 PM »

Thicko

sola virtus nobilitat
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2022, 10:23:08 PM »

How do we know who's in the right here?

Where were all the sanctions when the US invaded Iraq? In that instance it was just assumed that the US and UK were the heroes.

When Ukrainian 'cells' start blowing things up in Russia are they going to be terrorists or heroes?

I really have no idea.

Remember that Putin has already blown up a residential tower block, blamed it on terrorists, then used that to take power. Any information out from Russia which isn't verified is essentially guaranteed as a lie. They have closed off their media and only the state line is allowed. Until today they were claiming on the equivalent of BBC1 that they had taken zero casualties. They also don't mention any of the attack conducted outside of the 'disputed' regions. Putins grip is tenuous and he has shown in the 'for tv' addresses that he is/has lost it. I echo Red dogs sentiments that this is the scariest of times. Previous cold war was brinkmanship on the whole, this has gone past that. Suggestions of dropping the ISS onto Europe and using nukes whilst far fetched shouldn't be ruled out, he really is a threat and with the scale of this invasion has shown him to not be a rational actor, which all previous models are based on.

Note also that BBC released leaked recordings today involving Khadirov, showing that this invasion was planned and started in motion weeks and months ago. All negotiations were a facade.

+ This

Just because the US has a pretty bad recent history of doing the wrong thing doesn't really give a green light to other countries to do the wrong thing too.  Would prefer it if the US stopped doing stupid invasions too. 

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2022, 12:21:49 AM »

a lot of the russian players in the group chat are basically living in bunkers at the moment, utterly panicking and cursing putin.

can sense the desperation.

its the ordinary people that suffer, this is such a terrible time for europe.

some horror scenarios of russian troops chasing retreating ukranian forces into nato territory, what happens in that case?

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2022, 04:23:36 PM »

I’m in Gran Canaria right now in an apartment with no Wi-Fi, only Spanish Tv and a rapidly dwindling data allowance on my phone.

I’m basically following this war through Tittybean’s Twitter feed so all power to you Tittybean for all the solid retweets
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2022, 05:26:50 PM »

I’m in Gran Canaria right now in an apartment with no Wi-Fi, only Spanish Tv and a rapidly dwindling data allowance on my phone.

I’m basically following this war through Tittybean’s Twitter feed so all power to you Tittybean for all the solid retweets

Radio FTW

The older I get, the better I was.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2022, 08:46:22 PM »

Sorry for that.

Watching my wifes friends and family try to coordinate escaping west through google maps gps location dots in insane.

As were the messages, 'we are on a train going west' 'we stopped, have to wait for the bombing ahead to stop'.

If you haven't read the planned and incompetently not cancelled government media releases about their victorious win, and 'the final solution the Ukrainian problem', you should do so, Putin wants to reincorporate Ukraine and Belarus and rebuild the mighty Russian empire to be remembered as a conquering Czar. It is so incredibly fucked up.

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1498025819054264328?s=20&t=UvJICU8602WTNFS4zrNlNQ
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2022, 12:48:53 AM »

At this point I imagine the Russians are wondering what they can spin as a victory and a success. Formal recognition that Crimea is part of Russia. Is that enough? Taking part of the East? I hope a decision and an agreement can be reached very soon or that Putin backs down.

Extremely surprised that this has gone this way. I gave Putin too much credit as a shrewd and canny operator and never thought he would attempt to invade the whole country.

Must be the closest the world has been to Nuclear War since the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 60s.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2022, 01:59:33 PM »

Putin has to be seen to win in Russian optics or he cant retain power. I don't see many viable ways for him to win given the huge losses and the already documented war crimes committed.

We could easily end up with another North Korea on a colossal scale.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2022, 11:07:57 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: