blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  FULL VERSION: Stu Rutter, WSOP Staking Package, including the Main Event, at 1.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FULL VERSION: Stu Rutter, WSOP Staking Package, including the Main Event, at 1.0  (Read 24492 times)
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2023, 06:47:32 PM »

SOLD OUT
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 01:39:05 PM »

Hi Stu,

Can you put me down as 1st reserve for 0.5 % please. If none comes available, no worries.

Good luck out there and I am really looking forward to reading your excellent tourney reports, as always.

Cheers,

Alan

Life has no rebuy options
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 01:34:22 AM »

Hi Stu,

Can you put me down as 1st reserve for 0.5 % please. If none comes available, no worries.

Good luck out there and I am really looking forward to reading your excellent tourney reports, as always.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan

Definitely, thanks so much. You're first reserve for 0.5%
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2023, 06:26:22 PM »

Happy to reduce to 0.5% to give Al 0.5%, if that’s ok with Stu😁
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2023, 12:51:24 AM »

Happy to reduce to 0.5% to give Al 0.5%, if that’s ok with Stu😁

That's really really good of you, thanks so much

Al (Knotitkay), 0.5% is yours

Stu
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2023, 08:33:06 PM »

Thank you thank you both. Really appreciate it.

Got your PM Stu, will sort by the end of next week.

Cheers.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2023, 08:34:59 AM »

Sent Stu, have a great time and good luck 😊
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2023, 11:17:44 AM »

Amendment to schedule

I have been thinking that the schedule is a bit "top heavy," with alot of the action early on. It always feels slightly better the other way round,  "GUKPT festival" style, with a build up in buy-ins. Because the two 10k mixed are almost straight away, then there is the potential to be through more than half the total package value ($25k of $46.5k) in effectively the first three days.

So, I propose actually taking out the $10k Pot Limit Omaha hi-lo, replacing with the $1k Mini Main that day, adding a couple of smaller holdem events after the Main Event, and making up the $46.5k package with those three additions, and re-entries. All other events remain the same. I think I'm likely to shift the Main Event starting day to Tuesday 4th July, day 1B.

I will check individually with all stakers, and do say if at all a problem, but I am hoping it feels ok, as substituting a 10k buy-in for smaller ones is I think adding to the value of the package, given it's fair to say the quality of field is in proportion to the buy-in.

Obviously, we never know whether re-entries are needed, and are hoping to miss some events (!), by being in a previous one. Previously, we had a total potential buy-in of $51,500, with a max buy-in (package value) of $46,500. Now, the total potential buy-in is $51,831, of which obviously, in the same way, the max buy-in (package value) is $46,500.

With potential missed events (we're hoping to not play the PLO bounty given its day two of the Main) and missed re-entries, it is possible we will fall slightly short of the total buy-in, in which case I may add one re-entry in the last four events.

New schedule

Thursday 29th June                             No limit 2-7 lowball championship                                                                $10,000

Saturday 1st July                                           Mixed Big Bet Event                                                         $2,500 plus one re-entry ($5,000)

Sunday 2nd July                                      Mini Main Event   *new*                                                                         $1,000

Tuesday 4th July                          MAIN EVENT, Flight B (flight subject to change)                                                     $10,000

Friday 7th July                                      Pot Limit Omaha, bounty *new*                                            $1,500 plus one re-entry ($3,000)

Sunday 9th July                               777 Lucky Sevens no limit holdem   *new*                                  $777 plus two re-entiries ($2,331)

Monday 10th July                                             No Limit holdem                                                            $2,500 plus one re-entry ($5,000)

Tuesday 11th July                                      6-handed Pot Limit Omaha                                                    $3,000 plus one re-entry ($6,000)

Wednesday 12th July                                 Short Deck no-limit holdem                                                    $1,500 plus one re-entry ($3,000)

Thursday 13th July                                     No limit holdem Shootout                                                                      $1,500

Thursday 13th July                                 Mixed Stud hi-lo and Omaha hi-lo                                               $2,500 plus one re-entry ($5,000)

Note: If we get a good cash in the 10k deuce to seven, I will indeed play the $10k pot limit Omaha hi-lo, as of course then we don't have the problem of being significantly down early on.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 11:42:56 AM by easypickings » Logged
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2023, 11:25:46 AM »

all good here, best of luck and safe trip if not already there.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2023, 11:30:11 AM »

Sounds good to me

I say just do whatever you think is best, no problem

Good Luck Sir
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2023, 11:48:01 AM »

Sounds good to me

I say just do whatever you think is best, no problem

Good Luck Sir
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2023, 01:46:13 PM »

As others have said, I 100% trust your judgement on these things. So, all good with me.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2023, 09:25:24 PM »

$10,000 No Limit Deuce to Seven

We start today. Bought in and ready to go at 2pm (10pm UK)

They're all fun, but this is really fun.

Quick rundown of the rules

Lowest hand wins. Ace counts as high. Flushes and straights count (and, therefore, are terrible hands). Therefore, the best hand is 75432.

There is just one draw, and thus, just two betting rounds (pre-draw and post-draw). Thus, whilst there is some significant bet sizing and blocker strategy, often the game comes down to poker's purest and simplest spot; "does he have it or not?"

Any dealt (pat) hand 87653 or better is a true premium. Any pat hand 98764 or better is very strong. Obviously depending on the usual circumstances, any hand up to a Jack (JT986) is a contender for playing as pat .

Unlikely victories

The $1,500 version of this event is the event that Matt Perrins legendarily won back in the day. There have been a few winners, who have been incredibly raw at Deuce to Seven, but come through on translating over an overall poker skill.

This brings me onto the new, and most interesting, issue of the game:

Snowing

There is one big bluff you can make in this game. If you raise or 3bet pre, almost always in position, stand pat with no hand (best strategy is to do so with the correct blockers, say like K7722), and then bet when checked to, you are snowing

The snow is what Pez pulled off relentlessly and successfully. However, he shouldn't have been allowed. It carries a real repping problem.

If you are dealt a pat hand pre-draw a big proportion of those hands are "rough" (bad). If you are patting anything up to the worst Jack, then of the times you are pat, over 75% of the time you will have a Ten, or worse. Nearly 50% of the time, you will have a Jack.

These being hands that you would never value bet, it means that any time you do bet your pat hand, suspicion should arise, that you may be snowing.

So, it's that pattern that is part of of the puzzle worth looking out for, to see whether somebody, or people in general, are going against the Vegas 100 degree heat, and snowing today.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 09:37:17 PM by easypickings » Logged
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2023, 09:55:42 PM »

$10,000 Deuce to Seven No Limit

Sit down at 1:45pm, foolishly giving out the tell of "I'm very enthusiastic for today."

However, it's fine. No one is here to see it. 12 entrants so far. I guess this is the tournament of late, and max late, entrants.

The one player at my table is the answer to the question "Who is the best deuce player of all time?" Billy Baxter.

He's definitely the most successful, and of course that shouldn't be dismissed at all. However, it would be interesting to know where the Chief old-schooler is in the game today, where, whilst not at all solved like Holdem, alot more strategy is known.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2023, 09:59:23 PM »

Excellent preamble to the game, Stu

As good as the sweat

Very best of luck
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: