blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  FULL VERSION: Stu Rutter, WSOP Staking Package, including the Main Event, at 1.0
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FULL VERSION: Stu Rutter, WSOP Staking Package, including the Main Event, at 1.0  (Read 25461 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 06, 2023, 10:26:56 PM »

Stu please don’t try and read these guys in the satellite, anything goes 😂
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 06, 2023, 10:34:53 PM »

Day between Main 1 and 2

Sigh, no good. 12k , 20 bigs at 600Bb, in big.

Chinese guy on my right has already had a few different sizes, and some tells. I just haven't worked out what they are yet.

Folded to his small, he Seems a little jumpy. Makes it a confusing 2.6k.

We have .

There's something going on. Which polarises him. I guess having an ace blocker in aspot where they're polarised is quite significant. But, i don't love this somehow.

Ultimately, he's put in 4.33 bigs, and we're picking up a chunky 3.8k if he does fold (or, obviously he may call worse). Must be right to ship, just don't want to think of these spots as standard when there is some live stuff going on.

Shove. Insta call.

Ouch. Actually , after that, quite happy to see his

But we get no sweat.

three diamonds

Will now play the $2175 at 7pm, which they say will probably happen.

Going to find the Tower at Horseshoe for strategy discussion .
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2023, 10:35:20 PM »

Stu please don’t try and read these guys in the satellite, anything goes 😂

Sorry, it very probably is as simple as this!
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 06, 2023, 10:43:15 PM »

No sorry’s please, I love it
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 06, 2023, 11:02:13 PM »

Main event news

They've already broken the record. That's insane, especially because there will be significant additions with the rest of today, and then the two day twos. Possibly very significant.

It's confusing. Each year, I think, surely the Main can't be as good value this year. Poker is tough.  Surely there must be, say

- 100 absolute super stars, whose names we all recognise
- 500 top grinders, whose names we mainly recognise
- 2000 European, online winning players
- 3000 good American grinders

And that makes up half the field.

But, somehow, there's not. It feels far more like you are playing against the whole of America. Easy to forget, that, even though every country in the world is represented, America still makes up most of every table.

The field definitely changes, and gets tougher, day by day. But, at the moment, it looks great
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2023, 11:18:52 PM »

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2023/07/wsop-main-event-first-hand-bad-beats-44023.htm

you mentioned the age old question  " would you call all in very first hand with aces" ,  seems like an ok time to ask while you are not in middle of a tourney.

sure some people will say its mad not to, i read pads (fairly sure it was him but not 100%) saying he snap folds when it came up last year.

Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2023, 02:01:29 AM »

Got to ask you what are your thoughts on the Phil Helmuth entrance today? good for the game or just too OTT?

VBOL on Day 2 btw.....loving the reportage as per. If you get the chance to bump into Mr Hartigan, wish him good luck too please.

Life has no rebuy options
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2023, 02:15:38 AM »

Got to ask you what are your thoughts on the Phil Helmuth entrance today? good for the game or just too OTT?

VBOL on Day 2 btw.....loving the reportage as per. If you get the chance to bump into Mr Hartigan, wish him good luck too please.

James Hartigan? Is he playing? If you get a chance to let me know table draw, then definitely do, would be great to see him!

The Helmuth entrance is definitely both of the above! It was ridiculously OTT; that I can could count as just being funny, but actually the clincher is that he said 4pm to the poker media, and then (I'm sure deliberately) made them wait forever til after that, til he actually came in.

But, it has to be good for the game. I've loved it here this year, but have wondered in a small way, does tournament poker lose its magic? Same on the UK scene, just a bit. And it's nothing more than that there are so many tournaments, with all the re-entries, flights, max late reg, and so on. So, to see Helmuth still loving it all is definitely refreshing. I actually prefer him to Ivey, as a character. Ivey you feel somewhat sorry for, as he just appears like he doesn't want to be there. Like, it's a drag for him. Maybe that's not the reality at all, maybe it's just in his body language. But, in the battle of the Phils, I choose Helmuth over Ivey.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2023, 02:20:20 AM »

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2023/07/wsop-main-event-first-hand-bad-beats-44023.htm

you mentioned the age old question  " would you call all in very first hand with aces" ,  seems like an ok time to ask while you are not in middle of a tourney.

sure some people will say its mad not to, i read pads (fairly sure it was him but not 100%) saying he snap folds when it came up last year.

It's definitely a very good question. But, I call.

Some will say this is a tournament of survival, and it is. But, you have to make chips at some point. In fact, whilst there is not the pressure to *always* make chips, then there definitely is the need to *often* make chips. A gradual, constant upwards curve of winning small pots without showdown is the dream,but it's a near impossible reality.

So, I don't think you can pass up an 80/20. It's just too plus EV. I would maybe put the borderline, at about 68/32. Guy moves all in blind first hand, and you have whatever hand is 68/32 vs a random hand (Maybe 99 is?)
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2023, 02:53:50 AM »

Day between Main 1 and 2

Sat ready for the $2175 7pm satellite. 20 minute levels for the first four levels, then 30 minute levels. 15k to start
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2023, 03:09:46 AM »

Day between Main 1 and 2

Everyone does indeed to be playing it as a way to get in late, rather than as an attempt to get the 10k in chips.

Always feels Slightly against the spirit to play a "satellite" as not actually an attempt to play the event (More bizarre in fact, for an event that you have starred playing!). But, these definitely look like pretty good spots

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2023, 03:44:46 AM »

Day between Main 1 and 2

Nice

We're ten handed. Raise MP to 500 at 100-200(200). Hijack calls, big blind defends

Two Clubs.

Bet 1.2k into 1.8k. Hijack folds, big blind calls

Two Clubs .

Big blind checks, bet 2.5k into 4.2k. Call

The body language and timing somehow feels like we have a pair plus draw situation.

Two Clubs

Lovely river. He checks. I decide to bet 3.5k. There's just about enough JT/Maybe J8/ a slither of J5, that I don't think I can go big.

We get the tank call, so hopefully hit the sweet spot of the amount that would be called

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2023, 04:03:08 AM »

Day between Main 1 and 2

19k. Can't do too much 10-handed that isn't down the line
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2023, 04:13:34 AM »

Day between Main 1 and 2

Ouch. At BB400, MP raises to 1.1k, cutoff makes it 4k. We have . And 19k.

Cutoff has been very steady, and it was somehow a confident seeming 3bet.

No satellite considerations yet. I think we have to go with it. Any chance of picking up 6.1k dead must swing it.

Commit by making it 8.2k. He's all in, call.

He has it. .

No good, on two hearts three diamonds

Going to make one re-entry
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2023, 04:16:42 AM »

Day between Main 1 and 2

Back in. 15k at BB400

Short field, but nice field. Don't recognise a single person
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: