blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:59:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  300 NLH @ Gala Notts - August Bank Holiday Weekend (28th/29th)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 300 NLH @ Gala Notts - August Bank Holiday Weekend (28th/29th)  (Read 2436 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 02:45:46 PM »

House dealers make an enormous difference to the general behavour IMO.

That is one of the main reasons why I will only play if they are supplied.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Nightfly

my decision is final!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 02:59:10 PM »

What is the max amount of players?

Sry if it has been said - can't see it.

Provisional Maximum is 121 players although this can only be confirmed much closer to the time.

At the end of the day the maximum is dictated by the availability of sufficient staff/ competant dealers to run the comp. (This is not an excuse for failure to train dealers, because a competition of this nature needs a minimum level of experience from those dealing it. People book holidays etc so the final number will be known closer to the time)

There were 99 runners for the 250 Freeze-Out and on that occasion we could have catered for 22 more!

Nightfly

my decision is final!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 03:12:52 PM »

House dealers make an enormous difference to the general behavour IMO.

That is one of the main reasons why I will only play if they are supplied.

House Dealers make a colossal difference and also make it easier for the floor person to get a completely unbiased version of events should a dispute arise.

Most of the negative comments in another thread about mondays competition are due to the current dealer situation.

Before we can look at providing house dealers more often, we must first train some. We are currently undertaking such training which can only be a positive step in the right direction.

Please don't take this as a cue to a new house dealer debate.

The situation in Nottingham is such that the overwhelming popularity of all competitions would mean finding at least 12 extra staff to cater for all competitions.

Providing House dealers would lead to an increase in numbers which is a large part of the problem.( We simply do not have enough staff)
It is encouraging to see that we are increasing the number of occasions where we do provide house dealers.

Long may this trend continue!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 10:33:33 PM »

Great Stuff Rob.

I hope it sells out - though I also hope you limit it to10 players per table.

10 players - plus the dealer - is more than enough, more and it gets very uncomfy.

What a shame Gala are opposed to TV Coverage, that would be the icing on the cake you & Gala Notts so thorougly deserve.

Good Luck!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 10:59:08 PM »

I don't think any competetion should have more than 10 players on a table.

9 is my fave.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: