blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP - MAIN EVENT LIVE UPDATE
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP - MAIN EVENT LIVE UPDATE  (Read 51979 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2005, 02:43:58 AM »

with my big gob they would be no queue all i need is a passport and a spare $15k

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2005, 02:50:08 AM »

OK back from the abyss.  133 tables remaining.  I have found out how it's going to end up today - they are playing until level 7 UNLESS there are still over 650 players remaining.  In that case they will play on until the correct number have got themselves knocked out one way or another.  Then that end time will be set for the next two days - if it's 3am tonight it's 3 friday and saturday too....   They can allow for the possibility of over 650 remaining on the other days because their full capacity is somewhere around the 2200 mark.  This will ensure that everyone is at exactly the same point in the same blind level etc. for Day 2 (or 4).  Not a bad way of doing it, actually.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2005, 02:53:39 AM »

Amusing story passed on to me by contact in the PokerStars world... apparently at the press conference meet'n'greet thing there came to light a player who had qualified for the main event through a kind of text message prize draw.  The question was "which is the higher card, 10 or J?"  He quipped that he'd simply entered twice...
Anyway, the largest tournament he's played in to date is a 100 play-chip sit'n'go, so this should be an experience.  He's playing saturday so I shall endeavour to track him down.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2005, 03:02:35 AM »

i am going to stay up another 30 mins so tell tikay if i dont get the pics by then i'll sort em out in the morning

believe it or not even some of us layabouts have to get up in the morning now and then

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2005, 03:06:19 AM »

Me too, I'm flagging here.
G'night all

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2005, 03:07:37 AM »

Dinner break in a few minutes (actually this time.)  No - dinner break now; they're all pouring out.  Time to grab some players and ask what's been happening.

Saw Simon Hennessey on around 8000 chips who was close enough to the barrier to let me actually see what was happening on his table.  The s.b. raised pre-flop and was called in mid-position and by Simon on the button.  The flop came .  S.B. bet, two calls.  The turn was the unremarkable two spades.  S.b. bet big and the two remaining contenders dwelled impressively before passing (in all probablility a flush draw...) but the attention was taken from his table by the oldest player in the tournament (91) being given a 10 minute penalty for the ol' F-word.  He was half-lifted out of the area and told to come back...

Found Gutshot qualifier Tiffany Williams who is up to 22000.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2005, 03:09:21 AM »

Ironside - Tikay says that he's been trying to send you those pics for 2 hrs... he says not to worry, he'll find a way of compressing them or something (sic) Night night to all you who can't stay up late.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2005, 03:10:56 AM »

tell tikay to send them one at a time

and tell the old geezer that hand before the 1 hour break is a good time to get a 10 miinute penalty

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2005, 03:12:12 AM »

tell Tikay to change the resolution on the camera, that way they'll be smaller in size

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2005, 03:15:02 AM »

tell Tikay to change the resolution on the camera, that way they'll be smaller in size

no tell tikay to get someone to change the resolution on the camera if he starts meddling we can say goodbye to the camera

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2005, 03:17:40 AM »

lol, probably right Grin

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
kinghawko

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2005, 03:21:58 AM »

Your doing an awesome job Djinn, keep up the good stuff...if you do see ken powell aka kpnuts tell him to take that hat off!!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2005, 03:42:01 AM »

Cheers! 
I have been told that the chip lead still lies with Rafferty - around 75,000.  Looks like my Day1 leader estimate is going to be way off.
Vicky Coren on around 11,000 (I know this because the elderly gentleman with the penalty was on her right and when he got up I had a briefly unobstructed view of some chipstacks.  For once Wink

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2005, 03:50:23 AM »

so my 128,500 is looking good

remember to send my best to mark napiltano and good luck to all the blondites and brits

and try and find a scots amongst the remain players for me to cheer will you

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2005, 03:58:25 AM »

Exciting dinner-break story from Latif who had quite a chunk removed from his stack when he raised with AJs and got one flat caller in the blinds.  The flop came A 8 8.  Bet and call.  Turn a blank, river an 8.  Interestingly, a sizeable bet here was only called by the other guy, who went on to reveal AA!  Latif said "he could have had all my chips!"  Instead he's only down to 18000.  Apparently that pot over 20,000.

Julian Gardner out with AA vs KK.

Chip leader still Joe Rafferty with 75,000

Simon Nowab about 10,000

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: