blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 08:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272988 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Paddy Power Irish Open DAY ONE LIVE UPDATE
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paddy Power Irish Open DAY ONE LIVE UPDATE  (Read 73402 times)
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 16, 2006, 03:40:13 AM »

fantastic updates team blonde. c ya 2mrw
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: April 16, 2006, 03:41:21 AM »

this may be difficult but there is a guy from tribbecca called ppp special......... dunno his real name!

if anyone finds out if he's still in it would be nice, cheers
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: April 16, 2006, 03:43:38 AM »

nice one guys great updating

nite nite cya tomorrow Cheesy

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 16, 2006, 03:44:13 AM »

slick kid check your pms

i`v become cos`s bitch
Peter Costa

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 16, 2006, 03:47:41 AM »

Tikay - tell Maria that I am watching the updates and thinking of her. And if it helps - tell her I'm proud of her performance so far.

Cheers!
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2006, 03:50:54 AM »

Sorry late night watchers - it looks like they're not collating the chip counts tonight - so you're going to have to wait for the next thrilling instalment starting tomorrow at 3pm.  So from us here in Dublin, good night!

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2006, 03:51:35 AM »

good night all

i`v become cos`s bitch
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2006, 03:52:42 AM »

SCRATCH THAT

In 20 minutes they've helpfully agreed to send the counts our way!  So not quite (yawn) bedtime yet...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 16, 2006, 03:52:55 AM »

Hi All,

I've escaped to my Hotel room to avoid the embarrassment of telling everyone how I busted out so stupidly.

Been above average the whole day, almost from Hand 1, but barely played a hand since midnight, & I dwindled down to average. At laat found some sort lof hand, A-J suited, got involved, & I was in for 11k before I reluctantly had to let it go on the Turn. So now I'm sub-average  for the first time all comp.

I had been moved to Stephen Pearce's table at about 0100, & boy oh boy, does he rattle on. We ended up playing about 12 hands in an hour, as he went through his "I'm gonna belittle you" routine every single hand. Three times in that time he limped with Aces.......& got paid each time.

So he limps again, 2 more limp with him, & I am on the Button with 6-6. Blinds are 800-1,600  (plus ante of 100) so there is 8k or so in the pot. I have around 19k, & I'm trying to figure how to play this. Limp? Pass? Raise? If Raise, how much? Well,whatever, while I'm trying to get my head round this, decide what to do, when for some inexplicable reason I say "all-in", & push my stack in. Lapse of concentration? Tired? Stephen's non-stop yap had got to me? All of those I guess, but really, just a moment of madness, there's no other way to explain it. Anyways, Stephen has AA - obviously - & that's that, & I exited the cardroom PDQ in sheer embarrassment at my stupidity.

I've had some nice draws Online this week, ahead about $4k or $5k, but maybe played too much, plus the pace of Online is so much faster than it was tonight, & I had a job keeping my concentration. I dunno. To be fair, I shoulda busted out hours before, after playing QQ so cute that I cleverly tempted Matey Boy to get all his chips in the middle with KK, but I caught a Q, how embarrassing was that?

So it's Plan B for me now, luckily I rarely have a quiet day, so I will get a plane home on Sunday night. Poker 425 asked me, if I failed to Final in Dublin, to get my arse down to Brighton with a Camera Crew on Monday, so that's what I will try & do.

On a brighter note, I am absolutely made up at Chili's game today. This is a really tough field - big-time tough, 339 of them, and her stack was down to less than 5k early, but she hung in, gambled a little, then fought back with great patience & focus. Hers was the performance of the day in this field, imo. She has inprressed many a good judge today, with her temprement, guile and judgement, not so say bravery in the biggest poker comp of her career so far. There will be many more, you can be sure of that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2006, 03:56:04 AM »

Tikay - tell Maria that I am watching the updates and thinking of her. And if it helps - tell her I'm proud of her performance so far.

Cheers!

Sure will Peter. I will try & get her to put a little Post up, but I need to make sure she gets to bed sharpish, it's been a long day - she left home at 0600 this morning, 21 hours ago, & play starts again at 3pm Sunday, so she's wrell tired. She was flagging around midnight, but Jen revved her up with wise words & coffee.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2006, 04:01:50 AM »

Nick Whiten doubled up to around 60 or 70k just before I exited with a real stonker of a hand, just take a look at this one. He Raised it up Pre-Flop with  , Stephen Pearce, inevitably, calls.

Stephen bets the flop, Nick moves in, Stephen quickly calls.

Nick had 

Stephen had

And he likes this flop.

But not half as much as Nick liked it - count his outs! He hit his straight on the turn, & for good measure, his flush on the end. Good old Smithers!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2006, 04:04:47 AM »

give "Team blonde" a big thumbs up from me
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 04:06:32 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2006, 04:09:58 AM »

I've not read the Updates yet, but Jen & snoops, aided & abetted by Dana & Kev, have really worked hard today. A big thanks to them. snoppy worries me - really - by barely eating at all. We need to get him to start eating. Food is energy. Though I do gather he got a lttle tipsy last night.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 16, 2006, 04:26:25 AM »

I am so sorry - another person has told us that all the directors have gone and we're better off going to bed.  So bed it is - apologies for giving you all cause to stay up so ridiculously late Smiley

We'll be on it tomorrow, 3pm.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2006, 04:35:17 AM »

Np, I'm playing the deep stacks anyway, been going 4 hours, blinds 200/400

Gonna be a long night (with any luck)

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: