blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:09:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Is this an easy call or an insta fold ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this an easy call or an insta fold ?  (Read 1866 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 11:45:06 PM »

breakeven point for chip EV is 77+,A8s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+ or something similar.  vs 33% it's an extremely +cEV call

the rage

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 09:55:37 AM »

Thanks for all of the replies. The villian who shoved on my BB was someone who i know well and respect. At the time i wasn't too thrilled to be calling with  three clubs but looking at all of the factors, including my position at the table, (having the short stacks on my right and the big stacks on my left) i felt that, if i didn't take my chances here, i could quickly become the weakest dog for the rest of the pack to gang up on.
 I agree that making snap decisions is usually not a good thing to do, but, i'd decided that, in this dog-eat-dog world of poker, my opponent would be shoving with a very wide range, so , i pretty much snap-called.
 He showed    . I hit a 3 on the flop, which was enough to win the hand and send my poker buddy to the rails. He wasn't very impressed with my call, which is why i thought i'd ask for your thoughts on this board.
 I went on to win the comp. Which was nice. Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 12:57:15 PM »

He wasn't very impressed with my call, which is why i thought i'd ask for your thoughts on this board.
I went on to win the comp. Which was nice. Smiley

Iv noticed when playing live poker people often fistpump when they get there money in ahead, and then berate you when you draw out.......
Seems pretty stupid.

Congrats !

I always just keep in my head and suited Ace has min 30% equity vs A TIGHT 3bet calling range, so for that reason id snap it off in this spot.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 04:38:20 AM »

who cares if we're well ahead of his range or not, look at the pot odds!

yeah this

not really too bothered about his range as A3s plays almost as well aipf against someone only shoving top 50% as it does against atc

he needs to be very tight for me to be worrying about what he's actually got

he needs to be frantically wanking himself off for me to be worried about what he's got
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:40:50 AM by action man » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: