blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:33:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker - "The Open" - Friday.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker - "The Open" - Friday.  (Read 19340 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2007, 10:17:14 PM »

For those of you not watching either on TV, or via the Internet Stream, you are missing something special - Kara Scott is putting on a magnificent performance as Presenter. She is a STAR!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »

I'm not in "the office" today, but word reaches me that they have tweaked the Blind Structure, taking on board your comments, to make it more playable tonight.

Someone lead me to believe that the structure had been altered, had it? Not that I could tell.

Slower structure please suits 
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »

For those of you not watching either on TV, or via the Internet Stream, you are missing something special - Kara Scott is putting on a magnificent performance as Presenter. She is a STAR!

Tinsel Town

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2007, 10:20:27 PM »

Out in 64th!!

Got a mention from Carlo which made my night!!!

Grin Grin

There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face....William Shakespeare( Macbeth)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2007, 10:20:57 PM »

For those that want to watch the Live Internet "stream", go to.....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=live_tv

Then click where it says.....

"Click here to Watch Sky Poker live and direct on your PC".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tinsel Town

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2007, 10:22:11 PM »

I heard her say she was a friend of yours Tikay

Wow...I'm jealous!!

There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face....William Shakespeare( Macbeth)
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »

They also said Tikay looks like a woman.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2007, 10:26:41 PM »

Wow...I'm jealous!!

For once, I'll be honest - yes, she is a good friend of mine, and she's a truly lovely Lady. Canadian, though...Lives in Brighton, of all places, but don't worry, she does not know Flushy.

I have the great, but intimidating, pleasure, of working with her on the show on Sunday night, & I'm well looking forward to it, though after the show she & Carlo have put on tonight, I may struggle to be half as effective. It'll be beauty & The Beast I think.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2007, 10:27:37 PM »

They also said Tikay looks like a woman.

Who said that? Go on, name & shame. I'll sue.

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2007, 10:29:37 PM »

am so p'd off. logged on to poker points freeroll for a relaxing tourney and had so much shit with the firewall i missed first 30 mins. Only lost 150 chips so probably lasted longer than if i had started it lol!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »

Wow...I'm jealous!!

For once, I'll be honest - yes, she is a good friend of mine, and she's a truly lovely Lady. Canadian, though...Lives in Brighton, of all places, but don't worry, she does not know Flushy.

I have the great, but intimidating, pleasure, of working with her on the show on Sunday night, & I'm well looking forward to it, though after the show she & Carlo have put on tonight, I may struggle to be half as effective. It'll be beauty & The Beast I think.

Are you going to spend all night trying it on like Carlo is?

Who said that? Go on, name & shame. I'll sue.

It was Ewen and Kara. 

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:55 PM »

nice one keithyb 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2007, 10:35:04 PM »

If you visit here the "Analysts" secton of the Sky Poker Website, it says this about Kara.........

Kara Scott

Originally from Northern Canada, Kara Scott trained as a thai boxer, competing 6 times in the ring. She now commentates on the sport of kickboxing and is a regular face to fans of televised poker and backgammon. Kara has recently presented the 2006 World Series of Backgammon for Eurosport, as well as appearing in and producing feature films.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2007, 10:36:28 PM »

Are you going to spend all night trying it on like Carlo is?

Nah, I play the "hard to get" card. I'm a natural at that.

ThinkerJE

To be the man, you've got to beat the man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2007, 10:40:49 PM »

gone in 94th (although sucked out earlier with A8 with AK), all in or fold time so got it in with QT vs 77 no help, like the software and the 6 handed tables but the structure is way to fast, well over half the field gone in an hour...

Yes, it is fast, but it's only a 3 hour show, & they need to get it finished before show ends. They are looking into starting the comp earlier, to allow more play, but 6 handed play is generally more aggressive. Give them a week or two to find the best "balance", they will, I'm quite sure.

Thanks Tikay, and it is great sky are open to the feedback they receive.  I think the concept is excellent and I will play again I'm sure.  Its low stakes and fun, and as your only decisions are all in or fold it is less likely I make a complete fool of myself on live tv!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: