blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker law
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker law  (Read 1074 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2007, 10:17:40 PM »

I dont know too much about, i guess if i looked through the DTD section on these forums i could probably get a good idea but...

My local golf club want to start a monthly poker night for the members, they don't have a clue about what they can and can't do.

-Is there a limit to amount of entrants

-Is there a limit to buy-in

-Is anyone aloud to play, or just members?

Anything else anyone might know would be greatly appreciated

-Dan

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:25:08 PM »

do they already play polf there?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:47:08 PM »

howeer they do it, they will almost certainly be breaking the law, unless there's no entry fee or only non-cash prizes
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 11:09:33 PM »

howeer they do it, they will almost certainly be breaking the law, unless there's no entry fee or only non-cash prizes

Can someone confirm this?

<3 ENSUING
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 11:11:43 PM »

you can play polf legaly, they do at my pals club, i played it there as a guest
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 11:17:18 PM »

The rules for private clubs are different from pubs - I think the max entry is £10 per game up to a limit per day per person - I think it's £100 a day each for pubs and £250 for clubs. The max payout for 1st place I think is £100 for pubs and £250 for clubs. I'm pretty sure all entrants don't have to be members although being a private club it should consist of quite a few of them anyway and the rest will be guest's signed in by a member, so it's now fine to run a money tournament as long as these guidelines are followed.

Our weekly game is in a private club so there's no need for us to hide the money any longer, and we can now freely advertise a monthly poker tournament to get more people interested in poker, thing's are slowly looking up for pub poker.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 11:31:46 PM »

The rules for private clubs are different from pubs - I think the max entry is £10 per game up to a limit per day per person - I think it's £100 a day each for pubs and £250 for clubs. The max payout for 1st place I think is £100 for pubs and £250 for clubs. I'm pretty sure all entrants don't have to be members although being a private club it should consist of quite a few of them anyway and the rest will be guest's signed in by a member, so it's now fine to run a money tournament as long as these guidelines are followed.

Our weekly game is in a private club so there's no need for us to hide the money any longer, and we can now freely advertise a monthly poker tournament to get more people interested in poker, thing's are slowly looking up for pub poker.

So you could consider a golf club a private club (most players would definitly be members) meaning that if you had 24 entrants at £10 a head that would be fine?

<3 ENSUING
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:39:32 AM »

Try this thread for a short discussion on the new gaming laws.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=27004.0
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 12:36:51 AM »

So you could consider a golf club a private club (most players would definitly be members) meaning that if you had 24 entrants at £10 a head that would be fine?

Yeah that would be fine. Does anyone know about rebuys? If you lose £10 can you buy back in for £10 and it is regarded as a different game? We play £4 initial plus £2 rebuys for half the stack - if someone goes above £10 does this game turn illegal?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: