blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:49:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 23975 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »

Eric Liu just played out a big pot with Gualter Salles, the Brazilian ex-Indy Car driver.

Eric raised it up, only for Salles to push over the top for another 100k or so...

Getting 2-1, Liu called with A-J, only to find himself dominated by the Brazilian's pocket Jacks.

Needing a bullet, or other strange combination of cards to outdraw Salles, Liu finally started to turn round his spell of bad fortune as he hit the flop of hard...

As the turn and river blanked in the form of the and Two Clubs, the unfortunate Salles was sent to the rail with a 20k cheque as consolation...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »

Antony Lellouche raises to 42k from the small blind and Busch calls from the big blind.

Lellouche checks, Busch bets 57k and Lellouche reraises to 150k. Busch thinks for a moment then callls.

Check check.

three diamonds

Check check.

Lellouche declares, "Small pair." Busch shows and rakes in almost 400k in chips.

TazDevil

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »

push or fold mode now for 90% of players...... !!!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »

watched the live feed a bit earlier, Noah boaken was a decent co commentator.

I wasn't a huge fan, but he was better than most of the Stars people. Bring back Brandon Schaefer and Ryan Daut!!!

And NEVER give Vanessa Rousso a microphone imo.

Gavin Griffin does a good job.

I like the way Pokerstars get their players involved with the media work.

I think Floppy should be given the gig.

There's not nearly enough referencing of obscure Futurama characters and incomprehensible Omaha bad beats in the EPTlive commentary in my opinion...

I agree. Someone start a facebook group or something. I want in dammit!

TazDevil

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »

Michael Martin called an all in pre of 

high flop and  on turn made it look unlikely for the AK... but the redraw  on river makes the nuts broadway for the 1 of many short stack players

michael loses, 1/100th of his stack.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2008, 09:00:31 PM »

The Suck, Re-Suck

Canadian Christopher Wolters shoved his 10 Big blinds in preflop, only to run into Liu with a hand!

Wolters had been trying to steal the blinds with A-2, but Liu had him in trouble with his pocket Kings.

Liu had spiked a bullet to outdraw Salles Jacks previously but the tables were turned as an exciting A-J-T flop popped out, threatening a suck-out in Wolters favour but giving Liu a few outs for the re-suck.

The press and rail gasped as the dealer dealt the dramatic turn...which was a King!

So trips for Liu as the pendulum swung his way in a classic suck/resuck scenario...

With various shouts heard from the crowd of "Queen!" (for a split) "King!" (for quads) and randomly "MAKE IT THE 2 of SPADES!" from some crazy guy, the river was the , meaning Liu took the pot and Wolters was busted in 13th spot...

12 remain as the heat rises and the final table approaches...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
TazDevil

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »

raise pre with AKo, called from blinds by benyamine with   flop comes   Two Clubs and check shoves all in for 200k and eventually called by   and 2 bricks come down with   on river to put benyamine out and a nice 600,000 pot for Turning

p.s This was turning's 1st hand on the feature table....

nice one to walk into
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2008, 09:06:06 PM »

Benyamine Busto!

raise pre with AKo, called from blinds by benyamine with   flop comes   Two Clubs and check shoves all in for 200k and eventually called by   and 2 bricks come down with   on river to put benyamine out and a nice 600,000 pot for Turning

p.s This was turning's 1st hand on the feature table....

nice one to walk into

Beat me to it again Taz!

That was a great call from Michael Tureniec, the Swede has ridden his luck, but made some great moves today and he correctly identified Benyamine was on a flush draw there.

It's still a flip of course, but with the dead money in the pot, that was a nice call...

David Benyamine OUT in 12th place, leaving 11 left. They will be playing to a final table of EIGHT players tonight before coming back to duke it out on the final tomorrow...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »

Frode Gjesdal, who Henning Granstad tells us, is one of the original old school Norwegian players with Jan Sjavik (who is coincindentally playing in the DTD £300 in the Snoopy-based thread), raises to 44k and gets no callers taking the blinds.

Eric Liu gets a walk.

It's very cagey here on the feature table, when they're so close to the big money.

Raise to 42k from Eric 'Peachy_Keen' Liu, Frode Gjesdal ships it all in for 323k, Liu mucks and decides to wait for a better spot.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2008, 09:30:29 PM »

Antony Lellouche has doubled up raising preflop with and Peter Busch reraising from the button, Lellouche bet a flop, Peter Busch moved in with and Lellouche quickly called.

The turn made Busch's flush but made Lellouche a house at the same time so the two spades river didn't matter.

Busch was knocked out soon after with K-Q into A-9 and we have 10 players left.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:32:19 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2008, 09:52:25 PM »

watched the live feed a bit earlier, Noah boaken was a decent co commentator.

I wasn't a huge fan, but he was better than most of the Stars people. Bring back Brandon Schaefer and Ryan Daut!!!

And NEVER give Vanessa Rousso a microphone imo.

Gavin Griffin does a good job.

I like the way Pokerstars get their players involved with the media work.

I think Floppy should be given the gig.

There's not nearly enough referencing of obscure Futurama characters and incomprehensible Omaha bad beats in the EPTlive commentary in my opinion...

I agree. Someone start a facebook group or something. I want in dammit!

Just get in there Floppy & wrestle that microphone off Kathy Liebert....you deserve your chance

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »

And we are down to one table!

Not the final table as such as the final will begin once we are 8 handed but with just 9 competitors left nursing hopes of EPT glory, the players are going to be re-shuffled into a single table with one more elimination to bring the day to a halt...

This hand precipitated the re-draw...

Norwegian Frode Gjesdal made a big raise preflop, only to see fellow Scandinavian, Swede Michael Tureniec shipping it over the top of him. He had put in half his stack, so couldn't really fold and made the call with 6-6, Michael turning up .

The flop was disastrous for Gjesdal, coming out two spades to give Michael overs and a flush draw...

Bad as the flop was, it just got worse for the Norwegian on the turn, the spiking to give the jubilant Swede the nut flush and leave Gjesdal drawing thinner than Patrick Stewart's hair...

Click to see full-size image.

The Norwegian crashes out in 10th spot, and with the organisers rushing around to make everything rosy for the multitude of cameras that will be trained on the "October Nine", we are on a short, temporary break.

Back shortly!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »

Chip counts. Yes, we're that lazy.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2008, 10:24:21 PM »

Calling all poker fans. Don't waste your time reading the relentless witterings of these two monkeys. Come join The Nun and myself at Dusk Till Dawn as we cover the much more high profile £300 Monthly Freezeout. This message will probably be removed shortly by the powers that be for 'dirty tactics', so make haste!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=37341.0
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »

There's a little bit of caginess afflicting the players, who understandably don't want to miss out on the final table berths.

Such cautious play has not afflicted Johannes Strassman and Anthony Lellouche though, the two going to war preflop.

Strassman popped it up, only for Lellouche to put in a decent re-raise and pressurise the German player.

Whether Strassman didn't beleive the French players' raise, or had a blockbuster hand, we'll never know, but he shoved all-in for another 360k and Lellouche made a pretty quick pass...

Strassman has been a classic variance junky today going from 450k down to 90k up to his present stack of 600k or so.

The German's pedigree and increasing stack means he will be a big threat to win this tournament, especially if he shows the courage and abililty that has been his hallmark in their tournament so far...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: