blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:53:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Road to MTT domination...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road to MTT domination...  (Read 51691 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2013, 02:00:20 PM »

My next door but one neighbour drives me absolutely wild GRRRR. Constantly moaning to me about something or another. I think their dislike of us probably stems from when we moved here (about 10 years ago now) - their daughter was also attempting to buy the house which we now live in, but it got sold to us. There's been a few incidents with them in the past... e.g. When i was 12 i was outside playing on my skateboard, he came out and took it off me and got the police round. When i was 13 and playing with a BB gun in my back garden, he got the police round AGAIN...etc. Now I'm older he doesn't do such outrageous things but still looks for every excuse to moan; e.g. if i park my car outside his house he'll come round and moan... i mean seriously does he really not have anything better to do. The little spat we had today was because i let my dog out on the back garden and it dared to bark a couple of times. I really try and stay calm when dealing with the guy however I'm not proud to say that today was one of the few times i totally blew up at him. He's so obnoxious.

Anybody else ever had troubles with their neighbours?
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2013, 02:07:28 PM »

My next door but one neighbour drives me absolutely wild GRRRR. Constantly moaning to me about something or another. I think their dislike of us probably stems from when we moved here (about 10 years ago now) - their daughter was also attempting to buy the house which we now live in, but it got sold to us. There's been a few incidents with them in the past... e.g. When i was 12 i was outside playing on my skateboard, he came out and took it off me and got the police round. When i was 13 and playing with a BB gun in my back garden, he got the police round AGAIN...etc. Now I'm older he doesn't do such outrageous things but still looks for every excuse to moan; e.g. if i park my car outside his house he'll come round and moan... i mean seriously does he really not have anything better to do. The little spat we had today was because i let my dog out on the back garden and it dared to bark a couple of times. I really try and stay calm when dealing with the guy however I'm not proud to say that today was one of the few times i totally blew up at him. He's so obnoxious.

absolute nut line is to be ueber-polite without being condescending, it'll drive him fucking mad.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2013, 02:14:07 PM »

absolute nut line is to be ueber-polite without being condescending, it'll drive him fucking mad.

Haha ill give it a try next time. To be honest I'm probably not totally blameless as although i didn't start this 'feud' he sometimes winds me up so much that I'll deliberately go out of my way to fuck him off e.g. by parking smack outside his house...etc. When i was a kid i just took his shit but now i just find him pretty hilarious and pathetic.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »

Misclicks FFS :@

*** RIVER *** [ ] []
tnapoleao: checks
GaggleoKings: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
tnapoleao: shows [ ] (a pair of Queens)
GaggleoKings: shows [  ] (a flush, Ace high)
GaggleoKings collected 9293 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »

Pretty annoying start to todays session; busted a 109t close to bubble A9 < K9 for ALOT of chips. bust the 33cubed 88 < J10 on 893...5Q for ALOT of chips... etc

Got a coaching session now so keeping myself down to 5 tables atm, currently have:
75 5k (14/52)
11r 17.5k (42/66)
55 10k (144/184)
33 500cap 7.5k (1/62)
big 5 (grinding hard lol) (453/801)

plan on putting in a big session today although already losing a chunk.. will update as night goes on if decent sweats.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »

So, ended up firing two bullets at the Monte Carlo instead of just the one I planned too. The first one went absolutely horribly, I just kept getting set up over set up, was pretty gross and we busted around level 4....

On the second bullet however we actually managed to make day 2. Ended up making day 2 with 55.5k going into 1600/800/200. Really happy with the way I played yesterday, was very patient and managed to adapt really well to the maniacs getting seated to my left ( Jake Cody and Aggro Santos had direct position on me all day lol.. What a set up - though it ended Ambler 1 - 0 Cody and Ambler 2 - 1 Aggro Santos ).
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »

Table draw up for day 2 and only have Trigg and rastafish on my table who are known to me.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »

So we ended up min cashing the monte carlo for £2k so basically broke even from the 2 bullets fired. Over the course of the weekend i won £200 odd from bowling and last longer props with Aggro Santos so that counts for the reg fees Wink

Sunday online was a massive sigh of a day. Only half sweat of the day was a 30th in the 22cubed with $12k up the top or so.

Just took a pretty sick beat on the FT of the $55 $10k... pretty annoying - especially when I'm determined to get a triple crown Wink

PokerStars Hand #97590534637: Tournament #721347581, $50+$5 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XV (1000/2000) - 2013/04/23 19:38:27 WET [2013/04/23 14:38:27 ET]
Table '721347581 13' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: GaggleoKings (168711 in chips)
Seat 2: vovo_leo (44240 in chips)
Seat 3: testo30 (49031 in chips)
Seat 4: VC VEM!! (50620 in chips)
Seat 6: wpRenat (121044 in chips)
Seat 7: bastet2004 (24652 in chips)
Seat 8: gs08bjohnson (131488 in chips)
Seat 9: husajn54 (145214 in chips)
GaggleoKings: posts the ante 200
vovo_leo: posts the ante 200
testo30: posts the ante 200
VC VEM!!: posts the ante 200
wpRenat: posts the ante 200
bastet2004: posts the ante 200
gs08bjohnson: posts the ante 200
husajn54: posts the ante 200
wpRenat: posts small blind 1000
bastet2004: posts big blind 2000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GaggleoKings [ ]
gs08bjohnson: folds
husajn54: folds
GaggleoKings: raises 2000 to 4000
vovo_leo: folds
testo30: calls 4000
VC VEM!!: folds
wpRenat: raises 7200 to 11200
bastet2004: folds
GaggleoKings: raises 12355 to 23555
testo30: folds
wpRenat: raises 12445 to 36000
GaggleoKings: raises 13555 to 49555
wpRenat: raises 71289 to 120844 and is all-in
GaggleoKings: calls 71289
*** FLOP *** [ ]
*** TURN *** [ ] []
vovo_leo said, "lol"
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
wpRenat: shows [ ] (three of a kind, Queens)
GaggleoKings: shows [ ] (a pair of Kings)
wpRenat collected 249288 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 249288 | Rake 0
Board [ ]
Seat 1: GaggleoKings showed [ ] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 2: vovo_leo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: testo30 folded before Flop
Seat 4: VC VEM!! (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: wpRenat (small blind) showed [ ] and won (249288) with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 7: bastet2004 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: gs08bjohnson folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: husajn54 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Grrrrr.....
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2013, 09:02:36 PM »

Sigh got 3rd in the end for $1.4k... no triple crown sweat as of yet.. Would have taken 3rd if offered after KK < QQ tho. Tilt unregged everything else.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »

Tom, would like to hear your thoughts on were you are now compared to where you was 2(ish) years ago?
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »

Tom, would like to hear your thoughts on were you are now compared to where you was 2(ish) years ago?

Sure mate.

Around two years ago I was fairly new to the game(had been playing around 6month - 1 year) but even back then I thought I was better then I am now (if that makes sense). Obviously like quite a lot of people , I went on a pretty sick heater when I first started playing and thought It was an easy way to make money - in essence I thought I was the best (or close to being the best).... Oh how wrong can somebody get....

Now that my horizons have broadened somewhat - I now realise that there are much better players then myself out there - with far more experience, and that this game isn't such an easy way to make money - the saying 'its a hard way to make an easy living' definitely applies to poker - after all there is always somebody looking to beat you, become better then you, demotivate you, make you feel shit, play bad...etc not out of spite - but for the one thing they want from you - money. The game is constantly changing and adapting - however now I understand this - whereas a couple of years back i wouldn't have. I now understand the variance in the game - again whereas before - I didn't. The mindset you have to adopt when facing a downswing - before I would have lost all my confidence and started making catastrophic errors in relation to the game by doing this such as peeling and calling down when I know I shouldn't - now I just review some hand histories to ensure I'm playing correctly, and I strive to fix the leaks I have - whereas before by doing things I know I shouldn't, I would have just created a bigger hole for myself.

The one thing I'm worse for - two years on - is my passion and motivation for the game have died down significantly. I used to get quite excited to play the game - now it's just something I have to do - and at some points it feels like a chore (which is fair enough as at this moment in time it is 'my job'). The one thing that keeps me playing the game however is that in theory I can only get better. I've always had a knack for mathematics and statistics therefore shouldn't get left behind - after all the game is only about making the right decisions from a mathematical point of view.

So to answer your question - I think my ability when playing the game has increased tenfold when compared to what it was two years ago - however I'm now more of a realist and have more respect for other players (whereas before I was blind to others own abilities). A final thing I now have which I didn't before is respect for money - before it was easy come very easy go. Nowadays it more - comes when it comes but it WILL come in time - don't blow the fucker when you have it. In truth as well as being better at the game - I thnk I've just grown up a bit.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »

Nice playing with you recently mate. Look forward to playing a longer sesh again

I'm now more of a realist and have more respect for other players (whereas before I was blind to others own abilities). A final thing I now have which I didn't before is respect for money - before it was easy come very easy go. Nowadays it more - comes when it comes but it WILL come in time - don't blow the fucker when you have it. In truth as well as being better at the game - I thnk I've just grown up a bit.

Good post. Not meaning it for you specifically but as a general rule having some respect for other people's games will keep your bank balance in the green IMO.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »

Nice playing with you recently mate. Look forward to playing a longer sesh again

I'm now more of a realist and have more respect for other players (whereas before I was blind to others own abilities). A final thing I now have which I didn't before is respect for money - before it was easy come very easy go. Nowadays it more - comes when it comes but it WILL come in time - don't blow the fucker when you have it. In truth as well as being better at the game - I thnk I've just grown up a bit.

Good post. Not meaning it for you specifically but as a general rule having some respect for other people's games will keep your bank balance in the green IMO.

Yeah was a pleasure mate, will probably be down for the next deep stack if your about?

And thanks - totally agree it does. End of the day there's no point dickswinging with good regs when there's so much free money about.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »

Yeah was a pleasure mate, will probably be down for the next deep stack if your about?

And thanks - totally agree it does. End of the day there's no point dickswinging with good regs when there's so much free money about.

Yeah I'll deffo be there, agree 100%
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2013, 10:16:39 AM »

oi oi gogogo tonight Tom! best of luck
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: