blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:09:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year  (Read 66652 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 06, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »

I spotted that too, i thought it was self explanatory.

that's what I thought...how can someone not understand?

I think everyone got it - but folk where looking for an explanation.

Other than Brian is junked on gambling!

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »

Friday July 6th
So the $10,000 buy-in 2007 WSOP Main Event finally got started. Now this blog has been pretty sparse on flops stories and bad beats but unfortunately, I can spare you no more.
We had a ‘beginner’ on our table who made the game interesting to say the least. 600 in the pot and he would regularly move all-in for his whole 20k stack. He did manage to show us AK on one occasion, but also showed us KJ on another. The whole table was just licking their lips waiting for Mr.X to do it when they had a hand. This of course included me, but as they say, you should always be careful of what you wish for.
I think we were on level 5 playing 200/400 and I joined Mr.X and a couple of other limpers with my AJ on the button. The flop came over a very attractive AJ8 off-suit. There was 2000 in the pot and to my delight Mr.X moved all-in for his 18k. He had me covered but it was an automatic call on my part.
I had top two pair ... he had A10. What a great coupe. I must be a 98% favourite. Anyway, the turn was a dangerous 9 and the river was a 7 to give Mr.X a straight. Needless to say, I was slightly stunned.
… and as they say that was that and that was the end of my world series.
Bankroll   -$38,600
IPOD favourite of the day… All The Young Dudes, Mott The Hoople

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »

Ouch!

I guess you want someone with A-T to stick his entire stack in when you got AJ, on that Flop especially......But strewth, that's a corker.

How bad a player must he have been?!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2007, 12:08:54 AM »

Boogaloo dude !!!

thats tough DC

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 08, 2007, 12:10:31 AM »

Friday July 6th
So the $10,000 buy-in 2007 WSOP Main Event finally got started. Now this blog has been pretty sparse on flops stories and bad beats but unfortunately, I can spare you no more.
We had a ‘beginner’ on our table who made the game interesting to say the least. 600 in the pot and he would regularly move all-in for his whole 20k stack. He did manage to show us AK on one occasion, but also showed us KJ on another. The whole table was just licking their lips waiting for Mr.X to do it when they had a hand. This of course included me, but as they say, you should always be careful of what you wish for.
I think we were on level 5 playing 200/400 and I joined Mr.X and a couple of other limpers with my AJ on the button. The flop came over a very attractive AJ8 off-suit. There was 2000 in the pot and to my delight Mr.X moved all-in for his 18k. He had me covered but it was an automatic call on my part.
I had top two pair ... he had A10. What a great coupe. I must be a 98% favourite. Anyway, the turn was a dangerous 9 and the river was a 7 to give Mr.X a straight. Needless to say, I was slightly stunned.
… and as they say that was that and that was the end of my world series.
Bankroll   -$38,600
IPOD favourite of the day… All The Young Dudes, Mott The Hoople

Im always amazed at the mental strength that players of your class have Dave, to keep putting yourself thru shit like that comp after comp, week after week must leave you drained and devastated in equal measure. That would be enough to get me kicking and screaming for a month.

Im really gutted for you and I just hope you get a good run in the cash or any other comps you play.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2007, 12:49:40 AM »

Dave, I don't know how to word this post except to speak as I feel. I played in the Brighton Friday festival freeze and with 23 players remaining I made a big raise with A9 committing the remainder to any re raise. I had no choice with my chip stack, when i got re raised by probably the worst player I have seen in the last ten years it was an automatic call. My A9 to his A2   jees I'm in front. I thought it was just bad timing by me and needing to hit the nine. Anyway he rivers the 2 and I am on my way home.

I know the level is different but if the Police stopped me during the first half hour of the drive home they would have done the right thing in locking me up.  I can feel the pain and hope that anyone who reads your post understands the pain and frustration even anger that comes with such a bad beat.   Give me something to kick.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: July 08, 2007, 03:51:50 AM »

Dave, I don't know how to word this post except to speak as I feel. I played in the Brighton Friday festival freeze and with 23 players remaining I made a big raise with A9 committing the remainder to any re raise. I had no choice with my chip stack, when i got re raised by probably the worst player I have seen in the last ten years it was an automatic call. My A9 to his A2   jees I'm in front. I thought it was just bad timing by me and needing to hit the nine. Anyway he rivers the 2 and I am on my way home.

I know the level is different but if the Police stopped me during the first half hour of the drive home they would have done the right thing in locking me up.  I can feel the pain and hope that anyone who reads your post understands the pain and frustration even anger that comes with such a bad beat.   Give me something to kick.

How about a 50 pence coin? 
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: July 08, 2007, 07:58:08 AM »

How about a 50 pence coin? 

or "a man when he's down"

For a beagle you have a cruel streak.

Dave, sorry to hear that, you had a clear view of the game, less business and other commitments getting in the way and it looked good, maybe this was going to be your comp. I hoped it would be.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2007, 01:35:56 PM »

Ouch, that's a harsh beat, I'm amazed he played like that in a $10k buy in event!

Good luck in the rest of your events over there Smiley

some people have far too much money !!!!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 07, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »

If Gary Jones wins the WSOP HORSE event ... will he be the first guy to win a bracelet with green hair ?
Anyway good luck to him, Mr Cool, Barney and Joe !

I flopped out early ... started with the best hand 5 times lost 4 split 1
but I was in good company
1st 3 out ... Marcel, Tony G and Andy Black !
not to mention early exits for Humberto, Phil Helmuth
I guess I was in good company

anyways ... tomorrow is the one that matters

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »

good luck dave 

would be good if someone from this side of the atlantic won it.

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2007, 12:31:41 PM »

i can say good luck on here,please dont let me bok you again....

good luck hun.x
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 08, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »

Good luck Dave,

take it down.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: September 08, 2007, 03:45:51 PM »

Good luck Dave,

take it down.

HI HELEN!
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 11, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »

Well at least the 2 bracelets stayed this side of the Atlantic .. 1 german and 1 Italian
Lets hope the main event follows suit !

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: