blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year  (Read 66527 times)
robyong

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:48:01 AM »

If you have any questions for Dave "El Blondie" Colclough, please post them here
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:28:24 AM by robyong » Logged
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 03:04:15 AM »

Is live poker easier or harder for you than it was 10 years ago?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:44:11 PM »

Do you feel you are seen as a target at the tables, and if so how do you compensate/use this to your advantage?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »

the last six months or so has seen you emerge from a bad run with a number of results.

what do you think lies behind this? is it fewer distractions in the business world? have you changed style? or is it just the swings of tournament poker?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »

Dave have you got that tenner u owe me?
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 03:16:30 PM »

the last six months or so has seen you emerge from a bad run with a number of results.

what do you think lies behind this? is it fewer distractions in the business world? have you changed style? or is it just the swings of tournament poker?

I think it is because since leaving Blonde he does not have to spend so much time posting on here.... scared
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »

I think it is because since leaving Blonde he does not have to spend so much time posting on here.... scared

LOL as in the "ask a pro" section on the blonde site? Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tossitBB
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 01:26:36 AM »

Most of my friends are good pokerplayers, thereby I mean that they have achieved something online or offline. I might mention Kirderf (Fredrik Ostervold) and Prikken (Odd Lavik). This makes me feel that I have to achieve something as well, so in stead of grinding the low limit tables I have a tendency of moving up too fast and blowing the bankroll out in a couple of hours or minutes. The largest bankroll I made was about $12 000 from $500, multi tabling $2/4, but blew it all out on a $20/40 table in one night. I can only afford small deposits ($100-500), but I need something to motivate me, or keep me from moving up too fast. This especially happends if I have a bad night, making my high limit play even worse, since I more often make stupid mistakes. Have you got any tips or tricks to avoid this?

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:34:32 AM »

Is live poker easier or harder for you than it was 10 years ago?
Definately harder. Generally players divided into 2 categories 10 years ago
a) they played too tight (but probably made a small profit)
b) they played too loose

Nowadays players are a lot better educated. There is so much material available to improve your ability if you are prepared to read and learn.
They also gain hundreds of times more experience by playing online.
Stuey Unger and Johnny Moss wouldnt last 2 minutes.

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:35:09 AM »

Dave have you got that tenner u owe me?
I stuck it on the Number 3 dog!

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 01:39:39 AM »

Most of my friends are good pokerplayers, thereby I mean that they have achieved something online or offline. I might mention Kirderf (Fredrik Ostervold) and Prikken (Odd Lavik). This makes me feel that I have to achieve something as well, so in stead of grinding the low limit tables I have a tendency of moving up too fast and blowing the bankroll out in a couple of hours or minutes. The largest bankroll I made was about $12 000 from $500, multi tabling $2/4, but blew it all out on a $20/40 table in one night. I can only afford small deposits ($100-500), but I need something to motivate me, or keep me from moving up too fast. This especially happends if I have a bad night, making my high limit play even worse, since I more often make stupid mistakes. Have you got any tips or tricks to avoid this?
Not Really. I do this all the time. It's depressing isn't it.
I think the poker guru's have a word for it... DISCIPLINE... I think they also talk about bankroll management..
I've never been good at this and would say this is undoubtably my biggest weakness.
DONT DO IT... see what you win in the small games in 1 night and multiply it by 365....it's not bad for an annual wage is it? Maybe thats the way to think

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 01:42:52 AM »

Do you feel you are seen as a target at the tables, and if so how do you compensate/use this to your advantage?
To be honest I rarely have an experience of being a 'target' although I do remember someone in Dublin telling me the only reason he called was because he wanted to tell his wife he had knocked me out of the tourney.
I find quite the opposite to be honest. In european tourneys I cant get any action. I cant ever get chips early on because nobody wants to play a pot with me unless they have me by the you know what.

Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 01:43:45 AM »

Am i still a MUPPET Dave Huh?Huh??.

John.
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 01:53:20 AM »

Not really I still have a lot of distractions I am shaking off. I feel it was
a) the swings of tournament poker
b) slightly exaggerated.... if you exclude the WSOP I probably had a good year...$77,000 when coming 2nd to Ian Fraser in Partpoker Tv event in Feb, picked up a couple of Vic finishes for £44,000 and £15,000, $27,000 at Turks & Cacos J Chan Invitational, the 56000 euro in Dublin and numorous smaller results
I can think of a few people who had a worse year
 Smiley

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 09:50:40 AM »

b) slightly exaggerated.... if you exclude the WSOP I probably had a good year...$77,000 when coming 2nd to Ian Fraser in Partpoker Tv event in Feb, picked up a couple of Vic finishes for £44,000 and £15,000, $27,000 at Turks & Cacos J Chan Invitational, the 56000 euro in Dublin and numorous smaller results
I can think of a few people who had a worse year
 Smiley

Yowsers that's an impressive year boss, well done!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: