blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Getting in ahead....
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting in ahead....  (Read 2763 times)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »

Go to european sites. I have uninstalled and reinstalled stars more times than I care to remember. Less runners = less bad beats. You can still put in a decent amount of volume when you find the right tournaments. People say it is just variance etc.... but I just hate stars, I lost 17 80/20s back to back. Surely nobody runs that bad. Soon as I moved over to the euros things improved. A lot of the fields are softer as well or failing that get a big stack earlier, then you will be the big stack getting lucky.

please say this post is a level?

Pfffft. undisputed FACT there my friend. How can you argue with concrete evidence?

Yawn. Post here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/great-poker-rigged-debate-collected-threads-edition-255990/

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »

100% you would be a winning player in any tourney at dtd, prob not the low mid stakes game but almost certainly in the 5/10 game too

How soft is the 5/10 game?
imo which is a small sample size of about 8 sessions in the vip room there are a couple of seats (always 2 sometimes 3)  that you will make money from playing tight. as in a lot of games they will pay off the tight player as they are often the non believing poorer players.  your troubles come if you wanna mix it up with some of the bigger rolls or better players. KJ and RY are out standing players who often are the guys who break hearts in that game. JB is very much in the tag mould and is now reg traveling down from newcastle to play. i would not wanna out the fish for fear of getting into another toe to toe Wink

JB lives in Swindon now. This thread is like a throwback from 2006 or something

@whollyflush on twitter
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 07:29:45 PM »

100% you would be a winning player in any tourney at dtd, prob not the low mid stakes game but almost certainly in the 5/10 game too

imo which is a small sample size of about 8 sessions in the vip room there are a couple of seats (always 2 sometimes 3)  that you will make money from playing tight. as in a lot of games they will pay off the tight player as they are often the non believing poorer players.  your troubles come if you wanna mix it up with some of the bigger rolls or better players. KJ and RY are out standing players who often are the guys who break hearts in that game. JB is very much in the tag mould and is now reg traveling down from newcastle to play. i would not wanna out the fish for fear of getting into another toe to toe Wink

ok ty thought he was still in newcastle. my bad. explains why he has  been in there a lot of late.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Blackbeard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »

LOL maybe stop being results orientated .

In ahead, good.  Volume will c u all right.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15:46 AM »

Who's JB?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »

james browning, real nice guy suni
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1454g,

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »

Hello Chelseaboy

What made you start playing SNG's when you were able to spin up $100 deposits to $500 in cash games?Huh?

Shouldn't you stick to those and just practise better discipline

How are you getting on at these lower limits now?

GL with this, I think my BRM is the same as yours!!!!!

Also general question - why would Uninstalling/Installing Starts make a difference to anything?
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 03:37:44 PM »

Ahh right, thanks. Yep, James is a nice guy, I've shared a table with him a few times.
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »

Quick update... well i carried on runnin awful and dropped 50$ however I have re loaded and seem to have had a bit of a turn in fortune....

More like my winning hands have held up... my last 50 games showing a profit... ( the long run is very long)

To reply to one of the questions earlier about why im playing the stt when i used to run up the cash games... in truth the swings are to large and I know my BRM is still not disciplined enough not to keep hunting for the bigger game.

Sticking to the small level stt's with my small roll is the way forward i believe.

Cheers for the comments and advice
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: