blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 65850 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2016, 04:00:43 PM »

Personally think Hull, Burnley and Sunderland to go down at this early stage, even more so if Fat Sam goes to England.

Burnley appear intent on signing championship players, they will finish bottom. Hull have a few good players in the likes of Huddlestone and Dawson, but think they need serious investment as there is very little quality in depth in the squad.

Who have Burnley bought so far?  Can't remember hearing about any signings.

Burnley just going to play it sensible with the tv money again i assume?  They won't take any chances like before and probably grind themselves into relegation like last time.  Hard to see any reason why it will change again this time right?

Nothing wrong with the yo-yo strategy but I guess at some point you've got to throw a bit of money at it and try to become established.  They must be on a really good financial footing right now having been in the Premier twice in recent years and neither time spent much money?  I remember previous Watford Premier league efforts to this time around when we did the same thing and it always felt that at some point in the season the wheels would come off and you'd lose 7/8 on the bounce.  One time we came up and our only summer signing was Des Lyttle!

You were vul with Marlon being injured that year when Andy B was in charge.  Amazing how that injury probably ruined his career single handedly after having a big chance in the EPL.  Amazing how much luck is involved in sport at the top level that is totally out of your control.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2016, 04:25:37 PM »

Personally think Hull, Burnley and Sunderland to go down at this early stage, even more so if Fat Sam goes to England.

Burnley appear intent on signing championship players, they will finish bottom. Hull have a few good players in the likes of Huddlestone and Dawson, but think they need serious investment as there is very little quality in depth in the squad.

Who have Burnley bought so far?  Can't remember hearing about any signings.

Burnley just going to play it sensible with the tv money again i assume?  They won't take any chances like before and probably grind themselves into relegation like last time.  Hard to see any reason why it will change again this time right?

Nothing wrong with the yo-yo strategy but I guess at some point you've got to throw a bit of money at it and try to become established.  They must be on a really good financial footing right now having been in the Premier twice in recent years and neither time spent much money?  I remember previous Watford Premier league efforts to this time around when we did the same thing and it always felt that at some point in the season the wheels would come off and you'd lose 7/8 on the bounce.  One time we came up and our only summer signing was Des Lyttle!

Burnley are a mini-Arsenal in terms of financial prudence with transfers. I was looking at their financial numbers and when they were last in the PL in 14/15 their overall revenue was unsurprisingly the lowest in the league. Total turnover 78.8million and 66.6 mil of that from the TV deal. The 3 teams with the lowest revenue were all relegated in 14/15 ( abit different in 15/16).

Their gate and commercial income is ridiculously low. Although the TV deal this time will bring in c100million they still can't splash the cash too much relative to everyone else because they would be  screwed (even with parachute payments) if they end up being relegated anyway. A fine balancing act and they don't want to be a QPR. Assuming they are relegated tho they will be very strong again financialy in the Championship and the  yo-yo can continue:)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »

I'm sure Burnley signed Henri Lansbury from Forest, and have since been linked with played from Leeds and Derby?

Who are people's early picks go down?
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »

I'm sure Burnley signed Henri Lansbury from Forest, and have since been linked with played from Leeds and Derby?

Who are people's early picks go down?

They are in for that Hendrick guy who had a decent Euros and plays at Derby. A Derby supporting friend isn't best pleased about it all Smiley

It's difficult to look past Burnley and Hull at the moment, who will join them I'm not so sure. If the big Sam leaves that could plunge Sunderland in trouble, and they have lived a pretty charmed life in recent seasons. Watford and Bournemouth should both be ok, WBA have Pulis, Boro are splashing the cash.

Is it the year that a more established club become a surprise relegation candidate?

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2016, 05:16:47 PM »

Think Boro could go either way.  Signings are impressive but so were QPR's under Mark Hughes.

I'm actually a bit worried about Watford.  Not that I don't rate our squad just that I'm struggling to come up the 3rd obvious relegation candidate.  And that's assuming one of Hull and Burnley don't outperform.  How about Swansea?

Watford have a nightmare first 5 games so certain to be down there at the end of first batch of games I would think.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »

Think Boro could go either way.  Signings are impressive but so were QPR's under Mark Hughes.

I'm actually a bit worried about Watford.  Not that I don't rate our squad just that I'm struggling to come up the 3rd obvious relegation candidate.  And that's assuming one of Hull and Burnley don't outperform.  How about Swansea?

Watford have a nightmare first 5 games so certain to be down there at the end of first batch of games I would think.

See you are the shortest price, followed by WBA,  after the 3 promoted teams. 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2016, 05:50:39 PM »

5/2 is a fair price on Watford.  I like Swansea at 4-1.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 12, 2016, 05:56:51 PM »

Stoke might regresss this year as they massively over performed last year overall.  Shawcross and Butland staying injury free going to be very important.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2016, 06:12:44 PM »

Do we see Hull better or worse if Bruce does get the England job? Personally think Bruce is over-rated as a manager and expect Hull to be down there at the end of the season
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »

Think Bruce is a positive at the current time - knows the squad inside out and which areas need to be strengthened.  If a new guy has to come in and assess everything and bring in players 1 month is a bit of a hard task imo.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 12, 2016, 07:00:58 PM »

Steve Bruce, Samuel Allardiche or Arsene Wenger.

Mind boggling beyond belief that anyone could go for option 1 or 2.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2016, 07:35:50 PM »

Steve Bruce, Samuel Allardiche or Arsene Wenger.

Mind boggling beyond belief that anyone could go for option 1 or 2.

I think the problem is compounded by AW being contracted until next summer and hardly likely to announce his resignation a year in advance.

Personally I hope we win the league and he gets another three years. Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »

Romelu Lukaku's hefty price tag scaring off Premier League suitors  http://dailym.ai/2a8mw4i

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »

Think Bruce is a positive at the current time - knows the squad inside out and which areas need to be strengthened.  If a new guy has to come in and assess everything and bring in players 1 month is a bit of a hard task imo.

I agree - I think if he goes we'll struggle to attract a manager of much better quality. So at the minute I'm relatively happy with him. 
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »

Posh could also field another trialist striker in Saturday’s (July 16) friendly with Championship side Norwich City at the ABAX Stadium.

“Grant also had a trialist striker training with us yesterday and he could play. He’s a well-known player who hasn’t made the most of his ability in recent seasons and is currently without a club.”

Any guesses? It's not Nile Ranger apparently.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: