blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 65897 times)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2016, 01:02:14 PM »

Looks like negredo is coming in on a season long loan.

Makes sense really not sure he is quite sharp enough to score 15 plus for boro but not going to get many/any better strikers in on loan

I can't work out whether to be really impressed by Boro's activity or whether it reminds me of that Mark Hughes summer at QPR!

Strikers will have a very good season to score that many in our system, our number 9 is there to hold the ball up and bring others into play and generally be a nuisance.

I think Karanka/kenyon/Orta are doing a very good job on selling the future plans we have to the players coming in.

Karanka's name willpower a long way in Spain I would think.

I don't see us doing a QPR, that spent a lot more money on wages than we are, and I think the lads we are signing are of a higher pedigree than the ones they did purely from memory.

Gibson is a shrews businessman and a fan, he won't do anything to put us in the mire financially.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2016, 02:05:36 PM »

Makes sense really not sure he is quite sharp enough to score 15 plus for boro but not going to get many/any better strikers in on loan

I can't work out whether to be really impressed by Boro's activity or whether it reminds me of that Mark Hughes summer at QPR!

Strikers will have a very good season to score that many in our system, our number 9 is there to hold the ball up and bring others into play and generally be a nuisance.

I think Karanka/kenyon/Orta are doing a very good job on selling the future plans we have to the players coming in.

I don't see us doing a QPR, that spent a lot more money on wages than we are, and I think the lads we are signing are of a higher pedigree than the ones they did purely from memory.

Gibson is a shrews businessman and a fan, he won't do anything to put us in the mire financially.

Negredo is not on buttons!

Agree with dung I am not overly impressed with the signings so far tbh. All good players but not convinced by karanka yet tbh
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2016, 02:06:22 PM »

Isn't Negredo going to be on 100k per week?  I suppose it's only a 1 year deal though.  Presumably Valdes is on a packet as well?

The QPR signings looked good on paper that summer to be honest - Julio Caesar, Junior Hoilett, Fabio, Park, Green, Granero. (although the mind boggles why Hughes went for two keepers on over £50k per week!)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »

I think we have a limit of 60K a week wages wise, I would think we won't go far over that. The Negredo deal was complicated for a year loan, so no clue how much we will end up selling out for the year, just got to trust Gibson with it I suppose.

I like the fact we have done our business early (just waiting for Subotic to get his work permit) so they will have chance to settle in and get used to each other.

I think we should finish about 12th looking at squads so far.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2016, 09:39:24 PM »

I think we have a limit of 60K a week wages wise, I would think we won't go far over that. The Negredo deal was complicated for a year loan, so no clue how much we will end up selling out for the year, just got to trust Gibson with it I suppose.

I like the fact we have done our business early (just waiting for Subotic to get his work permit) so they will have chance to settle in and get used to each other.

I think we should finish about 12th looking at squads so far.

Better hope Negredo can keep it in his pants....

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2016, 09:46:33 PM »

We're sniffing around Mahrez now apparently (sorry Tighty).

Him or Sane, can't imagine we'll land both.

Best Bitter.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 19, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »

Got a feeling both Kante and Mahrez will flop this season.

Both perfectly suited to the Leicester system and playing games they weren't expected to win.

Different business playing for a "big" club where you are 1/5 to win games and teams sit back against you.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 19, 2016, 10:07:10 PM »

Got a feeling both Kante and Mahrez will flop this season.

Both perfectly suited to the Leicester system and playing games they weren't expected to win.

Different business playing for a "big" club where you are 1/5 to win games and teams sit back against you.

Next you'll be saying Leicester fluked it last season....

I do agree to an extent, though can see them both having good, if not great, seasons again. Kante is an interesting one, can't imagine he'll have much sweeping up to do in the average Chelsea game, but a player with that engine and ability would be very useful in most XIs. Where does it leave Matic? Salford?

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 20, 2016, 08:09:02 AM »

Must be worrying times for Hull fans.  A few weeks before the big kickoff and their state of play is:

- Manager being courted by England

- Odubajo out for 6 months
- 14 fit senior outfield players
- Just taken 35 year old Odemwingie on trial.

Meanwhile it's not looking much better at Burnley.  They failed to get Hendrick and Stephens and have now settled on Gudmundsson and Pope from relegated Championship team Charlton as their first signings of the summer.

This is not to say being frugal isn't a good strategy, but this pair haven't thrown anything at it so far!  4 weeks to go though I suppose.

Sounds like the worst job in football* is going to Big Sam.

* Except for the salary. Guess a 4 year deal as England manager would set most people up for life. Hard to think of any other reason to accept such a poisoned chalice of a job. Not too many England Manager's survive the role with their reputation intact.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 20, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »

Neven Subotic’s shock move to Middlesbrough breaks down after defender fails a medical.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »

Ladbrokes ‏@Ladbrokes

BREAKING: We've suspended betting on Paul Pogba signing for Man Utd

My eyes are open wide
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 20, 2016, 12:30:04 PM »

Neven Subotic’s shock move to Middlesbrough breaks down after defender fails a medical.

Yeah, it's a shame, would have been a great signing, but iys what medicals are for.

I'm sure we will move on to the next signing!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 20, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »

Thinking of surrounding the ref? Think again. The new rules to shake up English football http://bbc.in/29T2f30

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 20, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »

Thinking of surrounding the ref? Think again. The new rules to shake up English football http://bbc.in/29T2f30

Looking forward to Jose and his reactions to this season's "campaign" against him and his new team.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 20, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »

Yeah, it's a shame, would have been a great signing, but iys what medicals are for.

I'm sure we will move on to the next signing!

Dortmund and the players agent now denying he has failed it and saying that uts not even finished yet!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: