blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  what was wrong here?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what was wrong here?  (Read 923 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »

Just played a sit n go on blue square (hand history doesn't work) i'll describe it as best i can remember.

5 players in an unraised flop of:-  three clubs kd
I have Two Clubs and as it's checked to me i decide to try to nick the pot with a pot sized bet of 200ish, all fold to one flat caller.

Turn

he checks so i bet 300ish, again he flat calls.

River and he goes allin, i call with my flush and he shows 4 5 for a straight.
Then.............he goes psycho calling me all sorts of things and rants and raves about bad beats!!!
Did i do wrong?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 06:42:56 PM »

not really but you can see why he'd be annoyed as he flopped a genuine draw you bet twice, once with no hand and virtually no draw, and once with bad odds at a flush draw. you're entitled to try and nick it and he's wrong not to shut it down on the turn with a RR instead of letting you hit on the river. what stakes were you playing at. it sounds like he's not used to seeing two barrel bluffs and doesn't know that taking it down on the turn with higher straights and two to the flush are on the board.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 06:47:24 PM »

This was a $100 sng, i got that a bit wrong, i had 2's on the flop so it must've been two hearts kd.
I merely stated that he should've reraised and i'da chucked it away but he was going nuts and very abusive (i don't really care about what he said it's just i feel he misplayed the hand and it wasn't a bad beat).
Ian

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 06:49:56 PM »

how can it be a badbeat when he only bet when he was behind?  for it to be a bad beat he has to get all his chips in a big favorite, he got all his chips in drawing dead lol

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 06:54:08 PM »

so he called with a gutshot on the flop, hit it on the draw and failed to spot the flush draw. still poor not to make you suffer on the turn with a check raise. he must put you on half a hand by then and i its K2 / K6 or even KQ he might get all your money. As it is his bad play has allowed you to bluff your way into a runner runner flush and he don't like it.

I don't think he sounds comfortable at $100.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: