blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272684 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 103680 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 04, 2013, 09:38:17 AM »

Off to see Charlton vs Leeds next week in a box, but spending more with mates in London before, anyone know if relatively safe to get train there before game? I know 3-4000 Leeds fans there but want to avoid trouble etc..
be absolutely fine. Heard you sold out 3000+ in 22 mins or something crazy!

Cheers, just don't fancy trouble!

Yeah I think Leeds got about 400 more tickets allocated to them, so it should be a good atmosphere. Plus lots of Leeds fans scattered around the home fans seating as per usual. No last min winners for Charlton like last year please.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 04, 2013, 02:34:22 PM »

Off to see Charlton vs Leeds next week in a box, but spending more with mates in London before, anyone know if relatively safe to get train there before game? I know 3-4000 Leeds fans there but want to avoid trouble etc..

Yeah I think Leeds got about 400 more tickets allocated to them, so it should be a good atmosphere. Plus lots of Leeds fans scattered around the home fans seating as per usual. No last min winners for Charlton like last year please.

You've got more chance of getting a slap off a drunken girl in your local High St on a Friday night than getting any 'trouble' at a football match nowadays Mr Mouse.

99% of Leeds fans turn up on Fishul club coaches, are loud and abusive to the home support, revel in the 'nasty reputation' of their forebears from the 70/80s (whilst carefully positioned safely behind rows of stewards and police), and are about as much trouble as a Women's Institute knitting circle.

The only possible area where you might find any 'confrontation' going to, and from, The (very friendly) Valley would be in the area around London Bridge, where some of the Millwall nutters tend to frequent the pubs if a 'troublesome' team's fans are heading for a game in Sarf Lunun.

On the very few occasions when they do 'meet' the rival groups tend to bounce up & down, arms akimbo, 100 metres apart, for at least five minutes - hoping they've given the cctv camera operator enough time to summon the police.

Cue one copper appears around the corner and a semi-surge for all of 10 metres happens from both 'firms', before they all turn tail & run in opposite directions - this is then claimed by all & sundry as a 'Result'!

Apart from that, enjoy your day out at Charlton watching the 'dreaded' Leeds away support (a collection of fat, bald, tattooed wannabes in designer gear 20 years out of date) desperately try to look, and sound, intimidating whilst foul-mouthing off to the family orientated home stands.

Football hooliganism is sooooooooo last century.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 04, 2013, 02:52:21 PM »

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 09, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »

Had some of the 18/5 on Wednesday at Derby earlier in the week.

The 5-2 win against Reading will have helped confidence and I still think Wednesday are more effective away from home.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 09, 2013, 01:12:13 PM »

Had some of the 18/5 on Wednesday at Derby earlier in the week.

The 5-2 win against Reading will have helped confidence and I still think Wednesday are more effective away from home.

Derby best team we have played this season (forest were v good for 25 min patch though).

Might be worth a no goal scorer bet on Brighton.

Orlandi, Lua Lua, Buckley, cms, ulloa out.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 09, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »

You've got more chance of getting a slap off a drunken girl in your local High St on a Friday night than getting any 'trouble' at a football match nowadays Mr Mouse.

99% of Leeds fans turn up on Fishul club coaches, are loud and abusive to the home support, revel in the 'nasty reputation' of their forebears from the 70/80s (whilst carefully positioned safely behind rows of stewards and police), and are about as much trouble as a Women's Institute knitting circle.

The only possible area where you might find any 'confrontation' going to, and from, The (very friendly) Valley would be in the area around London Bridge, where some of the Millwall nutters tend to frequent the pubs if a 'troublesome' team's fans are heading for a game in Sarf Lunun.

On the very few occasions when they do 'meet' the rival groups tend to bounce up & down, arms akimbo, 100 metres apart, for at least five minutes - hoping they've given the cctv camera operator enough time to summon the police.

Cue one copper appears around the corner and a semi-surge for all of 10 metres happens from both 'firms', before they all turn tail & run in opposite directions - this is then claimed by all & sundry as a 'Result'!

Apart from that, enjoy your day out at Charlton watching the 'dreaded' Leeds away support (a collection of fat, bald, tattooed wannabes in designer gear 20 years out of date) desperately try to look, and sound, intimidating whilst foul-mouthing off to the family orientated home stands.

Football hooliganism is sooooooooo last century.

How did I miss this?

Exceptional.
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 09, 2013, 06:44:51 PM »

Blackburn very good. Score line flattered us but we had our best five attackers out.

Bridcutt came back today and kemy on the bench. Orlandi and Buckley back for the next game, things lookin slightly better for a 6th place finish.

Very even division though so anything can happen.

Joshua king is a very good player too. Is he in the u21s?

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 09, 2013, 08:34:19 PM »

strange. i was given a ticket today so went to the game as a neutral and i thought blackburn were awful. i thought they had a decent 5 mins (just after half time) but were easily dealt with by a brighton team who looked distinctly average. ince and caskey the standouts for me with kuschak (sp?) hollywooding some saves to make it look like blackburn had some proper chances.

i havent seen a lot of championship football this year but i'd be surprised if brighton finished playoffs or better and i think blackburn could be relegation candidates if rhodes gets injured. a comprehensive 3-0 win from an injury riddled team who never got out of 3rd gear.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 09, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »

Yeah have to agree with the second review not the first, Blackburn were appalling, they seemed to lack a lot of fundamentals and had no clue how to defend after 35mins they also decided they had no interest in going up for 50-50 balls, very odd. Super Tommy was made to look outstanding by some of the saves, sure he had to go and make them but they were always at the perfect height etc (he beat what was out there though so he cant be faulted i don't think he could do any better than he did)

I don't know how anyone could not pick Conway as MoM he was outstanding, Caskey excellent in the second half but poor in the first.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 09, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »

Rin i think its unfair to judge Brighton atm given the better players in our side are all injured, we could have a very good team going forward into the second half of the season, areas that need improving would be a right back and a centre back imo

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 09, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »

i may well be being a little unfair on brighton with the injuries they currently have flushy. a 3-0 win today in 3rd gear is definitely promising. personally, i see them in the 7-11 region but with some luck they might get into the playoffs. i think there's a few stronger teams though.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »

Blackburn very good. Score line flattered us but we had our best five attackers out.

Bridcutt came back today and kemy on the bench. Orlandi and Buckley back for the next game, things lookin slightly better for a 6th place finish.

Joshua King is a superb player, but already a full Norwegian International!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 09, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »

i may well be being a little unfair on brighton with the injuries they currently have flushy. a 3-0 win today in 3rd gear is definitely promising. personally, i see them in the 7-11 region but with some luck they might get into the playoffs. i think there's a few stronger teams though.

A couple of weeks ago i would have agreed with you but having seen some of these other teams look poor and now witnessing some of our fringe players putting in decent performances i am optimistic of a top 6. Obviously with such a tight league luck plays a huge part and will be the deciding factor, i hope it falls our way.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 09, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »

Blackburn were very good in the second half. We won't ever have such a flattering score line again. A view shared by every person I spoke to after the game!

Good to see Lua Lua off his crutches too.

Definitely need to upgrade our centre backs, do not suit our high tempo pressing game at all. We are a work in progress and our style will be like sotons with playing high up the pitch, high intensity, tempo and pressing. Better to watch when it comes together than poyets slow build up passing.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 09, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »

Joshua King is a superb player, but already a full Norwegian International!

Wtf? We've missed a trick there. Plays like Townsend, very direct. Best player we've had down here this season by a county mile.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: