blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 181795 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: April 27, 2024, 08:01:33 PM »

I really liked Ken Docherty as a player but as a commentator I find him rather irksome fairly often.

I am a self-confessed grumpy old man with a long list of irksomes, especially on comms. but is it just me?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1486 on: April 27, 2024, 08:28:44 PM »

No. It really irritates me when he says, "Boat players" Which he does about 20 times a session. "This frame is huge for boat payers"

See how it will stand out now that I've mentioned it.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 28, 2024, 08:17:27 AM »

I really liked Ken Docherty as a player but as a commentator I find him rather irksome fairly often.

I am a self-confessed grumpy old man with a long list of irksomes, especially on comms. but is it just me?

Totally agree, he brings nothing of merit to the commentary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 30, 2024, 10:11:33 AM »

Did you watch the final frame of Higgins-Allen?

12-12, Higgins 60 odd down and Allen misses

If Higgins loses he's out the top 16

faces a double into the middle, can't play safe as he can't hide another red over the corner he can't get to

Makes the double, match over if he misses

then later on has a smelly red tight to the top cushion. Miss it, lose the match. play it slow and miss it he leaves it

Knocks it in with pace, clears up, wins 13-12

Absolutely stunning stuff, and I am not a Higgins fan but it was nails.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 30, 2024, 11:25:33 AM »

Did you watch the final frame of Higgins-Allen?

12-12, Higgins 60 odd down and Allen misses

If Higgins loses he's out the top 16

faces a double into the middle, can't play safe as he can't hide another red over the corner he can't get to

Makes the double, match over if he misses

then later on has a smelly red tight to the top cushion. Miss it, lose the match. play it slow and miss it he leaves it

Knocks it in with pace, clears up, wins 13-12

Absolutely stunning stuff, and I am not a Higgins fan but it was nails.

Hi Rich,

Yes, I watched it, as I had Mark Allen "Outright", which was my only bet still standing.

Someone else said the same thing to me, that the "back cross double" was a tremendous shot under the circumstances, very much shit or bust.

Not sure I agree, as that back cross double, especially with the red that perfect distance from the cush, is a relatively straightforward shot for a seasoned Pro.

Personally, I thought the subsequent red along the top cushion was a better shot, especially with that pocket being so tight.

I can't get to like Higgins no matter how hard I try, but I do agree it took supreme bottle to make that clearance under the circumstances. In the studio interview afterwards, I've never seen anyone look so pleased with himself, which, all things considered, is fair enough.  

Here he is in the Studio, looking like a dog with two tails, & quite right too.

https://twitter.com/search?q=World%20Snooker%20John%20Higgins&src=typed_query

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:39:13 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 30, 2024, 10:39:50 PM »

Unlucky with the Allen bet Tony, I thought he was starting to look the most likely winner of the tournament.

He missed two simple reds which surprised me, one along the top cushion and another into the middle, and they were the difference.

My favourite frame was the tactical one where he tied Higgins in knots with some sublime safety shots that would never have occured to me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 01, 2024, 07:52:27 AM »

Unlucky with the Allen bet Tony, I thought he was starting to look the most likely winner of the tournament.

He missed two simple reds which surprised me, one along the top cushion and another into the middle, and they were the difference.

My favourite frame was the tactical one where he tied Higgins in knots with some sublime safety shots that would never have occured to me.

Hi Ralph,

Yes, I loved that frame. I'm fairly sure that the standard of safety play has improved somewhat in recent years. Very enjoyable to watch imo. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1492 on: May 01, 2024, 10:34:55 AM »

I wish the BBC would find presenters with some knowledge of the sport they are presenting.

Not satisfied with the vapid, "Will he be using tactics?" Seema Jaswal, we are now being treated to such insights as,"You can tell by his expression that he wants to win" and, "It's two frames all, it doesn't get more exciting than that" delivered in the lilting, tilting Welsh tones of random bint Catrin Heldd.

I'm sure she has plenty of experience, but I suspect it's mostly centred around school runs and ironing.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1493 on: May 01, 2024, 10:44:45 AM »

Ooh, I forgot the fabulous, "What percentage of his pots go in?"

It caused me to shout "All of them Pet" at the telly.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1494 on: May 01, 2024, 10:50:48 AM »

I actually shouted "All of them missis", as in "All of them Mrs" but it didn't look right.

I went Googling and discovered that the word Mrs only exists as an abbreviation

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 01, 2024, 11:28:17 AM »

I wish the BBC would find presenters with some knowledge of the sport they are presenting.

Not satisfied with the vapid, "Will he be using tactics?" Seema Jaswal, we are now being treated to such insights as,"You can tell by his expression that he wants to win" and, "It's two frames all, it doesn't get more exciting than that" delivered in the lilting, tilting Welsh tones of random bint Catrin Heldd.

I'm sure she has plenty of experience, but I suspect it's mostly centred around school runs and ironing.

Having said all that Tom, who would you prefer, her, or Sticky Up Hair Bloke over on Eurosport? It's a close run thing imo.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: May 01, 2024, 11:29:41 AM »

Quick quiz, can you give me the name of Sticky Up Hair Bloke?

If you get it, you've cheated, so I'll tell you.

Munyaradzi Thomas Kingsley Chinyanganya

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1497 on: May 01, 2024, 02:57:26 PM »

Also, what's up with Virgo and all the shouting? He gets worse as he gets older.

"Where's the cue ball going?"

"Where's the cue ball going?"

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1498 on: May 01, 2024, 03:00:35 PM »

"We're back tonight at 7 O'clock".

"7 O'clock".

"Don't miss it".

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: May 01, 2024, 06:26:44 PM »

She is truly dreadful.

I'm so glad it's not just me that shouts at the telly 

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: