blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY  (Read 84659 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 04, 2011, 04:25:27 PM »

just remembered a guy I used to work with who had a rather over-inflated opinion of himself. he had a first class season ticket to commute to London from wherever he lived, and told us once that, if there were no first class seats free, he'd stand in the first class carriage rather than go and sit in an economy seat  idiot

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 04, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »

Surely you go first class for the extra room, nicer departure lounge, food, drink, etc.?

Holy shit I hope you don't start arguing with me on here. I don't know if I have a week spare and the scientific evidence to back my claims up  Tongue
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: February 04, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »

When I travel first class on the train it's precisely so that I stay away from other people, not flaunt stuff in front of them.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 04, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »

Surely you go first class for the extra room, nicer departure lounge, food, drink, etc.?

Absolutely this.

Maybe I am niave, but it has never entered my head that people might travel first class for any reason apart from these.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 04, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »

Absolutely this.

Maybe I am niave, but it has never entered my head that people might travel first class for any reason apart from these.

you've never noticed the eyes of the people in cattle class stabbing the first classies in the back?  (can't say i have either, tbh Cheesy)

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 04, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »

Absolutely this.

oh that is naive, seriously. Many many many will travel first class because of snobbery, perceived superiority and small penises.

Used to see it all the time. Not the penises bit.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »

Ive never traveled first class. I think everybody that has though is a knob!

I have twice and I felt fucking important! Grin

If someone in first class stood at the front of cattle class and shouted "hahahaha, you're all a bunch of plebs who can't afford to be drinking champers with me in first class", then yes, I would think they were knobs.

So are you saying you only think people with private plates are tossers when they park their car and get out and stand on the bonnet screaming 'hahahaha, you're all a bunch of plebs who can't afford to be keeping up with my ferrari' ?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 04, 2011, 04:39:14 PM »

Ive never traveled first class. I think everybody that has though is a knob!

I have twice and I felt fucking important! Grin

If someone in first class stood at the front of cattle class and shouted "hahahaha, you're all a bunch of plebs who can't afford to be drinking champers with me in first class", then yes, I would think they were knobs.

So are you saying you only think people with private plates are tossers when they park their car and get out and stand on the bonnet screaming 'hahahaha, you're all a bunch of plebs who can't afford to be keeping up with my ferrari' ?

They don't have to say that.

They are saying that by having the number plate imo.

This whole thread reminds me of one I got embroiled in on 2+2 after the death of Chip Reese.

It's obviously an argument I'm not going to win, but I am happy with what I think and noone will change my mind.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: February 04, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »

Holy shit I hope you don't start arguing with me on here. I don't know if I have a week spare and the scientific evidence to back my claims up  Tongue

Glass of wine?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 04, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »

Holy shit I hope you don't start arguing with me on here. I don't know if I have a week spare and the scientific evidence to back my claims up  Tongue

Glass of wine?

what's wrong with beer?  Flash!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 04, 2011, 04:45:08 PM »

Glass of wine?

Soooooooooon Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: February 04, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »

Holy shit I hope you don't start arguing with me on here. I don't know if I have a week spare and the scientific evidence to back my claims up  Tongue

Glass of wine?

It's Woodsey we're talking about here - he drinks wine (makes him look posh Wink)

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 04, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »

Sofa how do you find out if a plate is going straight to auction ?

There is one i am after but can`t see DVLA missing it tbh, just don`t want to be at the pc on release day if its already gone like.

ps start a diary Sofa.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 04, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »

Glass of wine?

It's Woodsey we're talking about here - he drinks wine (makes him look posh Wink)

Rugby night tonight, so it will be beer until at least 9.30pm 
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 04, 2011, 05:04:02 PM »

I dont see that a personailsed #plate is flaunting wealth imo
everyone treats themselves to extravengcies many other people are not privileged enough to enjoy, and I dont think they should be embarrased about it at all, flaunting as in rubbing someone down cos you have £££ and they dont is clearly being a dick, but I dont think that here

I don't see how having a personised plate is anything apart from flaunting your wealth.

Arguments can be made about how having a nice car, nice watch, top grade tv etc etc can improve your life.

How exactly does a personalised plate improve your life?

I guess I just dont see it as flaunting cos you can pick most plates up for under a dime now anyways if they arent too sick (i bought my mum a personilsed plate for her 50th about 3 years and it cost like £350) pretty pointless, but them loads of people spend money on pointless stuff

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: