blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:58:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky 6 max UKPC Staking Package  (Read 41059 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »

Back to business.  The left over amounts are going forward as follows.  Can those still to confirm post on here otherwise i will assume rolling forward to GPS is acceptable.

Dubai 12% - roll forward to GPS
Ben Mayhew 5% donate to charity (Eso rugby league tickets charity - £30 to pay in cash next time i see you in person)
Redarmi 5% -  roll forward to gps
Teamonkey 2% - TBC
Redfox 2% - tbc
Redsimon 2% - roll forward to gps
private 2% - roll forward to gps
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:40:00 PM by arbboy » Logged
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »

roll it up baby!!!!!!

and willing to top up if needed
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:17 PM »

Not to drag it on but it's kind of ironic that you're calling out staked players in a staking thread!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »

This is my last comment on this.  I shouldn't bite but comparing a 6 event over the whole festival big 4 figure 30% staking package (where i have invested decent 4 figures of my own hard cash and around 100 hours of table time plus the opportunity cost of lost earnings from working on bf) which was predominately aimed at the added money from sats/leaderboard/mini bonus to a kid who only gets to play the £500 hyper turbo via a facebook last minute ad from his staker (for probably a 15-20% freeroll at best with none of his own money put up and 1000/1 he plays the event on his own dime if they are not staring at a £25k overlay with 2 hours of late regs left) to fill up what was looking a monster overlay with 2 hours to go is comical.

I am not changing my view having thought about it.  If he has won a £500 seat on his own dime and is playing for >75% of himself he never makes that call given the ICM implications/chip counts/how close we are to the bubble/his staker standing right behind him at the table.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:26:31 PM by arbboy » Logged
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2014, 06:49:12 PM »

That's my point HOW DO YOU KNOW what he does or doesn't do?

Do u know how bad it comes across when you write stuff like that or u just don't give a fck right?

The 85% was just plucked from thin air tbh  but like dave said u wd be surprised who is backed... even the big boys they are backed but if someone like "stato1 was making this call u wouldn't write what u wrote THAT was the point I was trying to make.

I wouldn't even be writing this if you hadn't of given me such a shitty reply.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »

being backed on a long term make up deal to play mtts is ever so slightly different to being thrown in at the last minute only because rob is doing his nuts on an overlay and phoning anyone who will stake anyone into it to save his arse.  Is it only me who notices the same groups of people buying in late to mtt's at dtd when there is an overlay who never normally play there and all have 'connection's' shall we say to one or two big players in the game with money?  They are on a spin up/freeroll and will only win £1/2k even if they win the event as they hold such a small % of themselves therefore, by the very nature of this, will gamble much more aggressively than if they have 100% of themselves.  That's just human nature.

I appreciate the vast majority of people are staked.  I ain't as stupid as i look whatever you may think.  I know who is staked by who generally.  I keep my ear/eyes to the ground.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:58:41 PM by arbboy » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »

being backed on a long term make up deal to play mtts is ever so slightly different to being thrown in at the last minute only because rob is doing his nuts on an overlay and phoning anyone who will stake anyone into it to save his arse.  Is it only me who notices the same groups of people buying in late to mtt's at dtd when there is an overlay who never normally play there and all have 'connection's' shall we say to one or two big players in the game with money?  They are on a spin up/freeroll and will only win £1/2k even if they win the event as they hold such a small % of themselves therefore, by the very nature of this, will gamble much more aggressively than if they have 100% of themselves.  That's just human nature.

I appreciate the vast majority of people are staked.  I ain't as stupid as i look whatever you may think.  I know who is staked by who generally.  I keep my ear/eyes to the ground.

Big assumptions/accusations being made.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »

If you use your common sense and keep your eyes/ear open it's pretty obvious what is going on when there are big overlays.  I have no problem with it but it helps your cause if you understand what is going on around you.  If you played the two turbo mtts on Saturday and Sunday and knew the connections of the people who bought in late who would never normally play these type of events then you will know what i mean.  Like i say i have no problem with it at all.  It's a win win situation for everyone involved.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:09:31 PM by arbboy » Logged
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2014, 07:10:34 PM »

being backed on a long term make up deal to play mtts is ever so slightly different to being thrown in at the last minute only because rob is doing his nuts on an overlay and phoning anyone who will stake anyone into it to save his arse.  Is it only me who notices the same groups of people buying in late to mtt's at dtd when there is an overlay who never normally play there and all have 'connection's' shall we say to one or two big players in the game with money?  They are on a spin up/freeroll and will only win £1/2k even if they win the event as they hold such a small % of themselves therefore, by the very nature of this, will gamble much more aggressively than if they have 100% of themselves.  That's just human nature.

this is the bad said of gambling - Everyone assumes/knows excatly what is going on with who and how much etc. I find it laughable that so many people seem to know everything and anything with people's financial situations that they have never even met.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »

this is the bad said of gambling - Everyone assumes/knows excatly what is going on with who and how much etc. I find it laughable that so many people seem to know everything and anything with people's financial situations that they have never even met.

dreenie some people are, by the very nature of their connections around the gambling world, more informed than others.  Nobody knows everything about everything but the more contacts you have and the more you have been around teh block the more you will know.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »

Can I just wade in again and say that with your tone, and lack of respect for someone's play which doesn't seem overly bad to me or a number of other people who have come itt based on assumptions which you do not know to be accurate, you are digging yourself a pretty big hole. This vendetta you seem to have against this guy for knocking you out of a tournament is not only unjustified, but completely and totally unprofessional. I don't think this is an accurate representation of you as a person or a player, but I certainly don't think you're doing yourself any favors.

Also, as someone who used to be staked quite a bit on this board, I would be more inclined to call off light and do some slightly crazy shit on my own money (indeed, recently at least, I probably have been). Pretty embarrassing to return to stakers with spewy stories. Secondly, you can't go on someone's hendon mob as a representation of their ability. I've got a 20k cash on there and I'm still pretty terrible, and was worse then. Similarly some regular posters on this forum, who are definitely sickos, have pretty "bowl" hendon mobs. This guy could well be pretty good. Even if he's not, everyone has to start somewhere. Posting this sort of stuff about him is completely ool.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »

All i have tried to do is explain why he made a bad call given the circumstances he was put into the comp on.  I am not digging myself a big hole at all.  I couldn't care less whether i post on blonde or not.  I am speaking my mind which numerous people on here still seem to have a problem with.  I have no reason to appear 'professional' whatever that means.  I am not looking to become a corporate poker player or enhance any image in the game.  I say things how i see them.  I have no axe to grind with the guy in question or anyone else.  I stated i thought his call was bad and the reasons why i thought he made his 'bad' call.  I stand by every statement i have made.  Whether you agree with them or not is totally your choice.  I won't be losing any sleep over yours or anyone else's views that agree or disagree with mine.

My image in the game is perfectly fine with me. I say things how they are.  I appreciate a lot of people don't like this and find it uneasy and like to fit into the masses.  That has never bothered me.  I have never knocked/borrowed money from anyone in the game.  My image (the image that really matters to me and other professional gamblers who deal with me) of never even considering knocking anyone is 100% safe and anyone who has ever had any financial dealings with me in any form of gambling in 13 years knows this and can trust me 1000% to be paid in full/on time in any circumstance.  A lot of so called pros with great 'PR' images would love to be able to say the same as me but would clearly be lying.  I know which of the two images helps me sleep better at night.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:34:46 PM by arbboy » Logged
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2014, 07:39:52 PM »

being backed on a long term make up deal to play mtts is ever so slightly different to being thrown in at the last minute only because rob is doing his nuts on an overlay and phoning anyone who will stake anyone into it to save his arse.  Is it only me who notices the same groups of people buying in late to mtt's at dtd when there is an overlay who never normally play there and all have 'connection's' shall we say to one or two big players in the game with money?  They are on a spin up/freeroll and will only win £1/2k even if they win the event as they hold such a small % of themselves therefore, by the very nature of this, will gamble much more aggressively than if they have 100% of themselves.  That's just human nature.

So you are happily saying that you agree with all your statements about what rob does and what u think Richard does etc ?

That's the point I was trying to make. All well and good saying tthings how you see them I like that style. However when I have no actual facts to what I am trying to say I tend to keep my assumptions to myself. But that's just me. Like you said u think it's fine to publicly call someone out on a public forum, I don't.  so we just agree to disagree.

gl
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2014, 07:49:07 PM »

All i have tried to do is explain why he made a bad call given the circumstances he was put into the comp on.  I am not digging myself a big hole at all.  I couldn't care less whether i post on blonde or not.  I am speaking my mind which numerous people on here still seem to have a problem with.  I have no reason to appear 'professional' whatever that means.  I am not looking to become a corporate poker player or enhance any image in the game.  I say things how i see them.  I have no axe to grind with the guy in question or anyone else.  I stated i thought his call was bad and the reasons why i thought he made his 'bad' call.  I stand by every statement i have made.  Whether you agree with them or not is totally your choice.  I won't be losing any sleep over yours or anyone else's views that agree or disagree with mine.

My image in the game is perfectly fine with me. I say things how they are.  I appreciate a lot of people don't like this and find it uneasy and like to fit into the masses.  That has never bothered me.  I have never knocked/borrowed money from anyone in the game.  My image (the image that really matters to me and other professional gamblers who deal with me) of never even considering knocking anyone is 100% safe and anyone who has ever had any financial dealings with me in any form of gambling in 13 years knows this and can trust me 1000% to be paid in full/on time in any circumstance.  A lot of so called pros with great 'PR' images would love to be able to say the same as me but would clearly be lying.  I know which of the two images helps me sleep better at night.

Okay, I apologize for getting involved. Good luck in future endeavors Smiley

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »

Don't think dreenie or rexas are accusing you of anything to do with your honesty and integrity In the gambling world.
Think their point is that to someone who has never met you, such as myself which on a forum like this common, you just come across as a bit of an arse/ not showing yourself in your best light

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: