blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Stocks and Shares Tips
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stocks and Shares Tips  (Read 61899 times)
Cottonbud

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:19:27 PM »

I thought we could open a thread about the stock market and which companies people may of heard are going to get big and (share prices) rise alot in 2010, I for one don't know that much about the stock market but I do have a fair chunk of money invested in an Oil company named Desire Petroleum, I got my tip from a friend who knows a guy who has alot invested in the company. So this is my free tip to you guys.

Desire Petroleum plc (Desire) is a UK company listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), dedicated to exploring for oil and gas in the North Falkland Basin ;

Basically Desire sent out an Oil rig about 4 or so weeks ago now and it is heading over to the Falkland islands where they plan to drill for Oil, I bought my shares at around 65p per share and they are now currently at £1.10 per share, when they are about to drill (planned around February 2010) shares should go up to around £3-£5.

The Risk - If no Oil is found then the shares will drop to around 20p but if Oil is retrieved then the shares can rise to a potential of upto £20 per share. They estimate a 50% probability that they will recover Oil from the sites they will be drilling at, but to me it is a risk worth taking but I don't want people to invest getting there hopes up as it is never a guarentee (and a coinflip). So if you like take this tip with a pinch of salt and hoping to hear other peoples tips they have heard.

Below is a link to the main website...

http://www.desireplc.co.uk/index.php
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:37:30 PM by Cottonbud » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:51 PM »

Boiler-room ramp ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »

Great thread!

Omg, Desire Petroleum! I fckin love that company! Got a tip about that company when it was trading at 32 - 35p. Didn't hold onto it long enough though, but it fitted well with my exit strategy at the time. I remember a couple of years ago when Investors Chronicle started raving about it, and I sold my share then.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »

buy
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »

Boiler-room ramp ?

No mate. Just a genuine post and thread.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »

alright then sell
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »

I can agree with Cottonbud, I brought in Desire initially 5 years ago at 45p, again at 32p and alot more at 19p, i did buy some at 93p to top up, however just took up my share option at 70p which I will find out what I get tomorrow. Another 31% hopefully at 70p with price currently about 112p.

Also worth looking at company CNE for a comparrison, they were 45p few years back and now £30+ ...Desire is alot bigger!!

Great buy, potential for huge gains, also worth taking a look at this forum for more information http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:DES.L&display=discussion&it=le

good luck anyone investing!!
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48:41 PM »

Great thread!

Omg, Desire Petroleum! I fckin love that company! Got a tip about that company when it was trading at 32 - 35p. Didn't hold onto it long enough though, but it fitted well with my exit strategy at the time. I remember a couple of years ago when Investors Chronicle started raving about it, and I sold my share then.

So you sold all yours ages ago Sunny? Noooo you could of been free-rolling if you kept them till now!
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »

I can agree with Cottonbud, I brought in Desire initially 5 years ago at 45p, again at 32p and alot more at 19p, i did buy some at 93p to top up, however just took up my share option at 70p which I will find out what I get tomorrow. Another 31% hopefully at 70p with price currently about 112p.

Also worth looking at company CNE for a comparrison, they were 45p few years back and now £30+ ...Desire is alot bigger!!

Great buy, potential for huge gains, also worth taking a look at this forum for more information http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:DES.L&display=discussion&it=le

good luck anyone investing!!

Trust me, this is the main man to talk to about DES if you are in doubt - Dr Quinn is the only reason I have my shares with Desire. This thread is totally genuine and hoping some others will post there own tips too.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »

Even if Desire Petroleum are as big as BP by Christmas it can't be a better investment than Magic Blatchley's 'Green Me Up Scotty' Betfair Extravaganza.
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:58:39 PM »

Even if Desire Petroleum are as big as BP by Christmas it can't be a better investment than Magic Blatchley's 'Green Me Up Scotty' Betfair Extravaganza.

I've heard about this, personally I don't know Blatch but I have heard good things about his football market reads and have been interested in investing myself, although as I don't know him personally I would find it hard to hand over money to someone I've never met via a forum - no offence of course to him its nothing personal.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 11:25:04 PM »

Great thread!

So you sold all yours ages ago Sunny? Noooo you could of been free-rolling if you kept them till now!

Yeah, I sold all mine! Like you said, there is some risk involved, and I mostly sold my shares because of the profits I made over general speculation. At the time, there was a couple of other things I wanted to invest in, so I decided to call it a day with them. I pretty much doubled my investment with Desire though, so was pretty happy!

Pretty sick company though, they've made like a 80% increase on the price over like 5 months or so!
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 11:28:24 PM »

Oh and I never knew you was into this stuff James? Sounds good though, we could perhaps bounce some ideas off each other and stuff. I've pretty much got an empty portfolio at the moment, because had too much stuff going on, and didn't have the time needed to dedicate to stocks, but looking to go back into it soon.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 11:29:09 PM »

I've heard about this, personally I don't know Blatch but I have heard good things about his football market reads and have been interested in investing myself, although as I don't know him personally I would find it hard to hand over money to someone I've never met via a forum - no offence of course to him its nothing personal.

You are becoming very worldly-wise James. And that's equally not in the least directed ast Blatch.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »

You are becoming very worldly-wise James. And that's equally not in the least directed ast Blatch.

He's had to grow up quick, with his GCSE exams coming up soon...........

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: