blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:07:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Manchester GUKPT: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manchester GUKPT: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 9051 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 03:51:45 AM »

and welcome to the latest event in the GUKPT poker tour, play starts at 4pm and with Jen and Snoopy flying off to Vegas to cover the WPT at the Bellagio (that update starts on Saturday), so with me in the updating chair is......Dana!

This will be the 'lite' thread, to interact and see photos, please go to the interactive thread.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

Here are some random hands...

On Table Flushy, there's some preflop raising. With 475 already in the pot, the flop comes  Two Diamonds. John McNair bets 600 (which I accidentally read as GOD on my notes, but was actually 600); Daniel Smith folds.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:39:33 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »

On table Mike Lacey (Table Eight), with a bunch of chips in the pot and the board  , Matey 8-2 bets 1600. Paul Gourlay calls pretty quickly but mucks when Ouday Hikary shows his  . Gourlay looks very sad, and does that thing where he wistfully cradles his remaining chips in one hand and counts them over and over, a bit like staring into the bottom of one's drink...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:41:50 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:57:12 PM »

Meanwhile on Table 7, the board reads  . Ish Patel bets 600, John Keown calls. River comes  , and Ish again bets 600 and Mr Seat 9 calls - he shows  but he was behind all the way against Keown's  .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:42:43 PM by danafish » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:13:39 PM »

We've had a table break already today, not because of exits, but because there were 134 entries but only 130 players sat down.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 05:25:11 PM »

And a hand I saw while I was trying to take an un-blurry picture of Simon Zach:

On a flop of  , George Macdonald bet 400; Ken Clark calls.

Turn - 

Check, check.

River - 

At which Ken Clark bets 500 and Macdonald calls, but mucks when Ken shows his  .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:44:52 PM by danafish » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »

three clubs board

A shaven headed Roberto Romanello bets 600 into a 500 pot, (5-way 3 limpers and the blinds making up). One limper passes, the cut-off (Satnam Sandhu) raises to 1200, the sb Terry Nelson check-raises to 3000, the big blind and Romanello passes.

Sandhu moves all-in quickly and Nelson calls just as quick.

Sandhu:

three diamonds

Nelson:

Turn:

A collective oooooooh from the table.

River:

Barry Carter tells me Terry said, "I knew you had a set but I tried to get your off it anyway." 

Sandhu is down to about 3k or so.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 05:39:35 PM »

Jeff Rogers is OUT, his pocket Aces were no match for 4-5.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »

Jeff Rogers is OUT, his pocket Aces were no match for 4-5.

The full scoop now from our ace reporter in the field, Jeff Kimber. "Jeff [Rogers] made it 150 to play from UTG and got 5 callers. Flop came A-2-T and he bet 150 and again got 5 callers including Mad Turk, the turn was a 3 and he bet again and Mad Turk called. The river was a blank and he bet 1500, Mad Turk made it 3000, Jeff made it 4500 and Mad Turk moved in and Jeff called."

Mad Turk added, "He swore at me a little..."

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 05:58:11 PM »

Simon Zach is down to about 4200 somehow, and wandered off to tell someone about it on his mobile just after I took the picture.

Actually he seems incredibly popular today, he can barely sit down before someone else calls him and he's off again. I caught him between phone calls though - he said the hand that took half his stack off him he was holding  , and called a preflop raise of 675, as did Mateyboy. The flop came 9 - 5 - 3, two hearts, giving him a double belly buster draw. Simon checked, Mateyboy bet 500, and both Simon and the original raiser called. Turn came  two hearts, check round. The river came another 2, and Simon bet 2100; Mateyboy folded but Original Raiser called with his pocket kings. Simon says he was pretty sure Mr Raiser had an overpair but thought he could push him off. "I thought he was gonna pass, the twat," is how he put it.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »

Also saw Barry Neville - at first I thought he was playing tomorrow and had just come down for the electric atmosphere and free soft drinks, but it turns out he is in fact playing today, and is doing rather well on 18k. He says his table is full of good fish, one of whom called his flopped straight all the way down and another of whom similarly paid off his king high flush. He is in a particularly good mood because he got in for $10. The lurking around the rail was part of his strategy for the tournament, which he intends to play in the manner of a marathon rather than the sprint which he said he played in Cardiff.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »

Mick McCool grabbed my attention and then my pad and proceeded to write the following down the following which recounts the demise (from the tournament) of Lawrence Gosney.

"Lawrence raises to 300 from 2nd position with , Paul Wilson calls with 5-5 and Mick Fletcher calls with 6-8.

Flop: 6-6-5

Lawrence bets 200, Paul Wilson calls 200, Mick raises to 600, Lawrence re-raises to 3700, Paul Wilson moves in for 11,000. Mick mucks after much muttering, Lawrence calls for remaining 2300.

Turn 8.

Mick muttered some more after that.

River J."

And here's a picture of Mick's incredibly tidy writing. 

Flushy, "I laid down a overpair to the board, I'm as shocked as anyone."

He raised Q-Q, bet 1200 into a 1600 pot against two players on a J-9-6 board, checked the 3 turn against 1 caller and passed on the T river to his opponent who bet 2500.

He also said that the welshman to his left, who we think is Jack Owen, is hitting everything. Indeed, just as I spoke to Flushy the former bet 2k on a 8-Q-7-K-7 board with Q-Q and was paid off by K-T of another player.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 06:32:48 PM »

Players are currently on a break. Barry Carter joined me in my pizza nook - he's been so demoralised by the first couple of levels that he left his table for a cigarette before the break actually started. Apparently a combination of failure to hit any flops, a bunch of people on his table calling with silly J-8 / T-7 kinds of hands, and by his own admission not playing terribly well means his stack has taken a bit of a knock. 6000 chips is certainly not irrecoverable-from though, and he is currently regrouping on a sofa in the bar.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 07:12:22 PM »

An exit!

Andrew Harrison raises preflop to 400 and finds callers in Kerry Taylor, Paul Gourlay and Martin Turner.

Flop -  , and Turner bets 700; Taylor and Harrison fold but Paul Gourlay calls.

Turn -  , and Gourlay goes all in for 2050. Martin Turner dwells for ages, and Paul Gourlay stands up like he's ready to leave. Eventually he calls and turns over  , which is no match for Paul's  . But disaster!

River - the dreaded  for the straight, and Paul Gourlay is OUT
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 07:18:27 PM »

On a board of  , Jeff Kimber bets 500 and is called by the very entertaining Yucel Eminoglu. They both check the  river and Eminoglu shows his 4 - 6, and Jeff mucks. "I KNEW! I KNEW!" shouts Eminoglu, waving his arms about. Then he turns to me scribbling down the hand, sits back in his chair and says, "Am I good or what?" Ummm...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: