blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272678 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Easy shove or wait for better spot?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Easy shove or wait for better spot?  (Read 3391 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 10:18:56 PM »

Regardless off the result in this case, I can't see why we'd ever wish to gamble shove/raise with AK in this spot, given minimal invested and a 100BB's behind us. AK is the scourge of many players early in tourneys as it's so often overplayed. The massive raise size by a 'solid pro' seems more suspicious, an attempt to get paid big by calling stations. I'd also be highly concerned by the smooth call of £4k behind. Protect your 100BBs and pick better spots.

You're absolutely right except for the 4k limper, you had to see it to believe it.

Ah! The element of surprise
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 10:47:09 PM »

If the weakest player you could hope for will call a 4k 3bet with Q8 why should I figure tall good pro needs KK+ to squeeze with chips and position?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 10:59:43 PM »

If the weakest player you could hope for will call a 4k 3bet with Q8 why should I figure tall good pro needs KK+ to squeeze with chips and position?

He doesnt need KK, he has just adjusted.

The reason you dont do it with weaker holdings is because the bloke doesnt fold when he flops any part of it.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:04 PM »

This is the same hand that was being discussed when I first started reading blonde. Hehe.

I always remember the thread lasted 13 pages and you all decided it was a fold. I loved the post earlier "just fold and don't tell anyone"

That's exactly what I would do.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:01 PM »

Hi Bobalike, I just think that given our stack/bet sizing from the solid pro we should avoid risking our tourney here .... he may be prepared to call off with 88+s as your shove looks an obvious squeeze play, and a lot of the time we will be flipping against underpairs, but do we really want/need this with 100bb's? It's too high variance for me at such an early stage in the tourney. I don't think the re-entry option should really affect our decision either, it's unlikely to have affected the OR's thought process with his initial raise! I'd generally play it the same as a freezeout, and if you bust out it's a bonus......
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 12:58:41 AM »

He doesnt need KK, he has just adjusted.

The reason you dont do it with weaker holdings is because the bloke doesnt fold when he flops any part of it.

The fact he doesn't fold when he flops any part of it is good isn't it? You squeeze 99 and he calls with Q8 but never folds 8xx. You squeeze KQ and he calls Q8 and never folds Qxx. Sometimes villain will get ultra rewarded but he should be easy to play. I don't know what tall pro actual range is with this set up but at the table I just couldn't figure it to be super tight.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 01:04:28 AM »

Due to villians unpredictable nature I imagine with more marginal hands Karl will just play him post flop and keeps pots under control

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 01:17:16 AM »

Due to villians unpredictable nature I imagine with more marginal hands Karl will just play him post flop and keeps pots under control

Was pretty much the plan

The Q8 was from the day before (although the guy on this table was similar). Was just using as an example of the play of some people in the field, sorry to confuse.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: