blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Spew more?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spew more?  (Read 1730 times)
TL900

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:13:45 PM »

Table '746940428 56' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Popa Tanga (5610 in chips)
Seat 2: perrrrfecto (6485 in chips)
Seat 3: eGeMi (5497 in chips)
Seat 4: zebest_666 (4070 in chips)
Seat 5: surfstar33 (6683 in chips)
Seat 6: Guga970001 (5469 in chips)
Seat 7: MC WINDMAN (5925 in chips)
Seat 8: Mt.Spewmore (6645 in chips)
Seat 9: MFTC ZT (5495 in chips)
zebest_666: posts small blind 50
surfstar33: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mt.Spewmore [ ]
Guga970001: folds
MC WINDMAN: folds
Mt.Spewmore: raises 108 to 208
MFTC ZT: folds
Popa Tanga: folds
perrrrfecto: raises 309 to 517
eGeMi: folds
zebest_666: folds
surfstar33: folds
Mt.Spewmore: calls 309
*** FLOP *** [ ]
Mt.Spewmore: checks
perrrrfecto: checks
*** TURN *** [ ] [three clubs]
Mt.Spewmore: checks
perrrrfecto: bets 497
Mt.Spewmore: raises 813 to 1310
perrrrfecto: calls 813
*** RIVER *** [ three clubs] []
Mt.Spewmore: bets 4818 and is all-in

villian is relatively unknown but pretty active running 19/16/8 over ~ 50 hands.

Pot is ~3700 on the river

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:21:01 PM »

Fold to 3b?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »

After folding to 3b....

Not sure you play clubs or any set hands like this.  So pretty face up bluff imo.

Not sure he's calling the turn to fold the river....

Vs a random tho......
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »

I definitely don't mind this since you're the only person who can have a flush really, although I think a much better line is bet small ott and overbet jam river since I would expect him to check back the turn a certain % of the time.

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »

nits ITT. we have T9 of the same suit 65bb deep vs what i believe to be a non nutted range (meaning we don't have to make a flush to win the pot)

maybe im wrong I thought it was a v easy peel pre.

@MtSpewmore
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »

I wouldn't fold pre fwiw.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »

Pre pretty meh, never say never either way imo. somewhat stake dependent

Post seems pretty spewy, I cant see many hands that call turn but fold river altho if there is a way to get him off AK this is it I guess?!?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 12:19:06 AM »

Pretty much this imo

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »

Defo not folding pre.

Like your turn raise, I feel he has something like JJ/KQ/KK with 1 club, think if u bet for value on river more likely he folds than
U just piling. By betting as u would usually for value makes your hand look much stronger. Think the only think u jam there is a bluff, so I would think ur getting called a lot more than getting
Folds if u over bet.

Did he call & what did he have?
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 01:24:10 AM »

I definitely don't mind this since you're the only person who can have a flush really, although I think a much better line is bet small ott and overbet jam river since I would expect him to check back the turn a certain % of the time.

This works really well against fish as they call the turn with way too wide a range (any 1 pair hand, gutshots etc), a range that isnt able to call a river overbet. Also when they have a super strong hand they feel the need to raise ur small turn bet so the line works a high % of the time.
Jables20

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 02:55:25 AM »

This works really well against fish as they call the turn with way too wide a range (any 1 pair hand, gutshots etc), a range that isnt able to call a river overbet. Also when they have a super strong hand they feel the need to raise ur small turn bet so the line works a high % of the time.

These two posts really just clicked for me so thanks both for posting. Nit, when you say 'bet small' are you saying bet 500ish ott then jam (roughly 2.5x psb) river? I almost never do this but it sounds really fun
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 03:31:18 AM »

I also really like both points but we win less when we bet smaller ott and risk more on the river doing so, although this is counterbalanced by the lower risk of the initial raise I guess.

The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »

Think it's a big leak to peel someone you only have 50 hands on. I mean you make assumptions about his range being non-nutted etc but you have no idea.

I mean if i think I can exploit some leaks that i've identified in someones game then i wouldnt hesitate to peel, but your just guess oop. Would imagine it's a losing play.

As it is when some one doest bet this flop they are trying to get to showdown. Once someone is determined to get to showdown it's hard to stop em. Better to exploit these plays by betting this and big for value. Not bluffing.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »

Not to mention that his range being non-nutted is bad for you rather than good for you, you want him to have the goods
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 03:53:52 PM »

Not to mention that his range being non-nutted is bad for you rather than good for you, you want him to have the goods

Why? if we were shallower I would agree but I think the depth we are makes it better for us that he is non nutted.

I should probably have hidden my cards or reversed the hand because I feel like I am bluffing very little when I take this line.

I do agree with squid though that maybe the fact I only have 50 hands on the guy makes this a fold pre, although I don't hate calling still by any means. Its an adjustment I've been making to do with my image to most people which he won't really know obv so he prob isnt 3betting QJo or w/e.

I probably should have just bet 3k into 3700 otr or something think that bet size is definitely better but I would play all my value hands with this line inc sets/AQ so I'm ok with it if everyone thinks im bluffing here pretty good for me I think.

He called with A7 after a little tankso nh sir and thanks for all the comments.

@MtSpewmore
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: