blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2571840 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13830 on: March 01, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »

You were in the beginners' comp...as a bounty..?

That's it.

Take it you won Wink

#moaningitinsinceFeb

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rmathews1

View Profile
« Reply #13831 on: March 01, 2013, 03:36:47 PM »

Haha that women was loving it, especially that time she binked her 5 to river the straight!

Tracked you down in classic technology generation way of checking the DTD results then facebook stalking the name... #feltcreepy

I just enjoy the pressure of not having to cash in the higher tourneys with my limited bankroll (student loan or brother staking me)  and playing with my mates who are only really getting into poker by playing in the beginners, I've played a £25 buy-in once before at DTD, when i was still in sixth form, managed to final table it for my highest ever cash... but I ran ridiculously well in it tbf.

I'll do my best to stay in the degree Wink I saw that you also were doing economics before leaving uni.... maybe that bodes well for my poker career haha!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13832 on: March 01, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »

Or bodes badly for your university career?!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rmathews1

View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: March 01, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »

Haha true, although I feel pretty set on seeing out my degree atm... having a blast at uni. and enjoying just playing some poker on the side for fun!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: March 01, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »

Haha true, although I feel pretty set on seeing out my degree atm... having a blast at uni. and enjoying just playing some poker on the side for fun!

Nice one. This forum is great btw if you ever wanna learn a bit or improve your game in any way. There's a poker hand analysis section where you can post hands and people give advice. It's very friendly unlike some other forums like 2p2.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #13835 on: March 01, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »

Me n Rasta iz bezzies don't worry about that Herbie. I'm sure he'll create a thread on here if he feels abused Cheesy
lol.... That joke is starting to wear a bit thin but like I say, I give it so have to take it.
I know you and the rasta are tight and he won't take any offence.
Mitch and PeeJay both got through online. Wp wp

the joke is gold im afraid... and you definintely do! you look the type..

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: March 01, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »

Me n Rasta iz bezzies don't worry about that Herbie. I'm sure he'll create a thread on here if he feels abused Cheesy
lol.... That joke is starting to wear a bit thin but like I say, I give it so have to take it.

lol. A man of the world like you should know to never knock it till you've tried it JB Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #13837 on: March 01, 2013, 07:31:49 PM »

lol. A man of the world like you should know to never knock it till you've tried it JB Smiley

its a delicacy in the right locale.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: March 02, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »

A soundbite montage of Rastafish's commentary

Hilarious. Well done Alex. Just need a compilation  Ed's father rub downs......'sorry father but I have to say you butchered that hand........'.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: March 02, 2013, 04:37:58 PM »

Played the deepstack yesterday. Total spent currently on this tournament is £951 (3 satellite bullets and 2 day1 bullets) but we've made day two with some chips, 280k and will be very close to the money, but probs need a final 2 table finish to get out lol, also put Jack in and he bricked, lost £1.1k playing cash afterwards too, sigh - so been an expensive weekend, but a nice sweat to get out and perhaps get a score.

Lots of heroes left in, Mitch and PJ made it from the online leg with good chips, and a few good lads from yesterday too so sunday could be fun. The field today looks far better value than yesterday was, so hopefully sunday won't be littered with strong players.

I've had a nice little heater starting with that stream game on friday, having 4 comma days and 2 ~£500 days, so getting knocked back a bit yesterday doesn't feel too bad. The game was too good to not sit in even though I'd played 12 hours of tournament poker beforehand - I didn't play my best but don't think I made any mistakes, except for perhaps getting in £500 pre with 88 on a £16 straddle, but vs the guy it didn't really seem like I had a choice. But of course I did, and perhaps folding was the optimal choice in hindsight.

I played my absolute A game in the tournament though, especially in the last 4/5 levels felt I bashed it up and was unlucky not to get a bigger stack, but I won 2 crucial flips, one early on and one 5 minutes before the end of the day, so defo had my fair share of luck.

Heading to DTD again now for a 12 hour cash binge.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: March 02, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »

good luck for 2moro Alex, you have had some cracking tourney results recently. Another cash and you can get some brekkie making tuition  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: March 02, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »

Just played a really strange / bizarre hand on the 1/2. It's a big game, pretty splashy, I'm the only reg.

4 straddle it's limped round I complete bb with . We go 7 ways to

check, I check, checks round to Chinese guy on the button who bets £4 into £28. Sb calls, I obv think both have extremely weak ranges and I have up and down anyway so raise to £35.

Chinese guy now makes it £100. Sb folds. He has £400 behind. He just looks so full of shit but so do I what can I do? He might have hearts and gambol he mighty have a shitty pair and call. So I decide to call and see what happens, not just giving up on a brick turn though.

Turn is . Really interesting card. I check he bets £40! Very odd...

I have showdown value now and so many outs. Jamming seems pointless now so I just call again.

River . I check he bets £200. River is a really easy call imo but the flop is interesting.

On the river he said you win and mucked, I was really intrigued to see his cards, and also really didnt want to show my hand. At Dtd the rule is that unless I insist to see his cards, he gets to muck AND I have to show mine. Felt a bit douchey and it's one of the only times I've ever asked to see someone's cards, but I did this time.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: March 02, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »

What did he have?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: March 02, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »

What did he have?

T8o

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13844 on: March 02, 2013, 08:56:13 PM »

On the river he said you win and mucked, I was really intrigued to see his cards, and also really didnt want to show my hand. At Dtd the rule is that unless I insist to see his cards, he gets to muck AND I have to show mine. Felt a bit douchey and it's one of the only times I've ever asked to see someone's cards, but I did this time.
Dislike in general but not that bad when everyone sees your hole cards in this specific spot imo

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 ... 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: