blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 01:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272978 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 918 919 [920] 921 922 923 924 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2585370 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13785 on: February 26, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »

Played poker, had some good hands, won a bunch of money, you guys know the drill.

Serious live cash heater atm. Three big winning sessions in a row now, and tonights was the biggest in terms of buyins, but smallest in terms of real money. £1k in a 50/1 game is v deeeece though, my 3rd biggest 50/1 winning session ever Smiley

Managed to get a rare cold 5b allin bluff through - probs never had a spot where I'd even consider it in a 50/1 game before lol, but the new crop of players that is coming through at the moment in DTD / Gala are all kinda aggressive, but in really obvious/bad ways. And this spot was real nice - I was more worried about the guy who'd opened to £3 than the 3better or 4better (Sean) lol, but I had KJ green so was kinda shoving for value anyway Cheesy

My image was mental all night, I was playing every pot, and this managed to get me paid off nicely with AA vs ?? aip for £350 each and KK vs AQ aip for £160 each, held both times, always nice. Really enjoying these games atm (not just cos I'm winning lol though it does help), probably gonna be playing a lot more live cash in the coming weeks, so the dairy should get a bit more interesting with more session reports.

Where was this? Gala?

yeh Gala. Probs going again tonight if you fancy it? Belton in too.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: February 26, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »

I was playing the 1/1 game at DTD on Sunday night when Chinese Frankie came over and told me that there wase a bloke on the 50/1 who was playing every hand blind. What's more he was raising to £15 pre, £50 on the flop, and shoving to any bet or river card. Blind.

I couldn't believe  it but it was true. It was surprising how many players he stacked, and every time that happened all the other players fell about laughing.

It was a bit difficult to see flops or get to showdown without falling foul of the other players but in the hour or so that we played he donated £300 to me and about £700 to Mrs Chinese Frankie.

When they called 'last three bands' a huge howl of Nooooo rang out from our table.

I just fancied a gamble alright?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: February 26, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »

Played poker, had some good hands, won a bunch of money, you guys know the drill.

Serious live cash heater atm. Three big winning sessions in a row now, and tonights was the biggest in terms of buyins, but smallest in terms of real money. £1k in a 50/1 game is v deeeece though, my 3rd biggest 50/1 winning session ever Smiley

Managed to get a rare cold 5b allin bluff through - probs never had a spot where I'd even consider it in a 50/1 game before lol, but the new crop of players that is coming through at the moment in DTD / Gala are all kinda aggressive, but in really obvious/bad ways. And this spot was real nice - I was more worried about the guy who'd opened to £3 than the 3better or 4better (Sean) lol, but I had KJ green so was kinda shoving for value anyway Cheesy

My image was mental all night, I was playing every pot, and this managed to get me paid off nicely with AA vs ?? aip for £350 each and KK vs AQ aip for £160 each, held both times, always nice. Really enjoying these games atm (not just cos I'm winning lol though it does help), probably gonna be playing a lot more live cash in the coming weeks, so the dairy should get a bit more interesting with more session reports.

Where was this? Gala?

yeh Gala. Probs going again tonight if you fancy it? Belton in too.

Sighhh I have a long day at work tomorrow but might pull a super degen all nighter. Will Lyk.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: February 26, 2013, 02:02:06 PM »

Monte Carlo clashes w/ Marbella festival Sad

http://marbellapokerfestival.com/schedule/

edit: can sack off some of it and make monte still.

sighh yeh will miss the gsop main. can do 10-16th ish though play the WPT national and then fly back for monte carlo.

yeah, sounds lke pretty sick 2 weeks.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »

Is Stato trolling you all with One direction? Or have you not seen some of his songs played. I mean Ke$ha? Tbf this does look the exception rather than the rule.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: February 27, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »

Is Stato trolling you all with One direction? Or have you not seen some of his songs played. I mean Ke$ha? Tbf this does look the exception rather than the rule.

Literally no idea what you're on about

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: February 28, 2013, 12:48:31 AM »

If this is anything like the 'Turtles' situation Alex probs doesn't know who One Direction and Ke$ha are....
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: February 28, 2013, 12:50:57 AM »

If this is anything like the 'Turtles' situation Alex probs doesn't know who One Direction and Ke$ha are....

WAL

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: February 28, 2013, 01:03:43 AM »

Guilty

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13794 on: February 28, 2013, 01:43:21 AM »

wait not teenage mutant style turtles?
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: February 28, 2013, 02:05:23 AM »

Guilty

His Spotify had a few questionable songs from popular culture. Just asking if it was for group enjoyment or a Stato secret pleasure.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: February 28, 2013, 11:50:13 AM »

Afraid so.....his response was 'who? what are they?'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13797 on: February 28, 2013, 02:35:27 PM »

Afraid so.....his response was 'who? what are they?'

oh fuck off

I mean really, what is this shit?

I'm shaking i'm so furious,

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: February 28, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »

Mitch, Stato and I wandered over to Derby last night to join in the 2/2 DC game. The games at DTD are massive and look reeeeeally good value so we thought we'd put in a little effort to try and learn the games in a cheaper, friendly environment. Between us we totalled up losses of £1800, which seems like a lot but it's a ridic high variance form of poker and I don't even think we were dogs in the lineup. Just gotta get it in lots and try and hold. I think I know how to play the games to a basic level - preflop hand selection I'm good with. Playing down the streets I'm less sure of but improving.

Can't say I really enjoy the games yet, it does seem like mindless gambling sometimes.  Enjoyable evening nonetheless, I lost £400, but had won a bit earlier playing £1/1 holdem so not too bad an  evening.  

Before the game I had a bash at my first ever (yes, seriously) Fry-up. I haven't cooked a meal since Valentines day 2012 and because Victoria is coming to stay soon, she wanted me to cook her typical english breakfast. So I got out the recipe books and set myself down to tesco's to get the ingredients and here's out it all unfolded. Pretty hilarious to see out it outfolds...with comedy analysis from stato at the end...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #13799 on: February 28, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »

http://www.tommystucker.co.uk/menu.php

They deliver Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 918 919 [920] 921 922 923 924 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »