blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:03:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  No open folding - Genting rule!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No open folding - Genting rule!  (Read 2944 times)
shedboymuff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »

Strange one, what if you thro your cards in the muck? clearly they are dead but you can get a penalty?

@shedboymuff
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »

Strange one, what if you thro your cards in the muck? clearly they are dead but you can get a penalty?

Why would it matter how you folded?
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »

was involved in a hand like this vs james bord in a wsop side event this year. He was first to act 3 way on the river of a board like 87529  (2 diamonds on the flop and backdoor clubs got there)  after he lead the turn he open folded the river, this changes the dynamic no end and is a terrible impetuous babyish thing to do and after the hand i called the floor on him and he got a 2 round penalty. Just check and stop being a clown.

lol

[ ] James Bord really is broke then
[X] Degens gona degen

Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »

Only just seen this...

It is a good rule imo.  You have a responsibility to your fellow players.  If it is 4 handed to the river, player 1 has crap, player 2 has crapper crap, player 3 has poor, but some showdown value, player 4 has nut crap.

If the hand is played out properly, player 4 is less likely to take a stab at it, because he has to fear a call (or CR) in 3 places.

If player 1 and 2 "check-out" by open-folding, now when player 3 checks, player 4 knows he only has to get past one player and so is more likely to bet.

Player 1 and 2 have taken no positive action to influence the hand (i.e. by betting or something which is of course allowed!) but they have through their actions put player 3 in a tough spot more times than they should.

Player 3 is entitled therefore to some protection from player 1 and player 2 by having those players in the hand (and not folding, or making it obvious to player 4 that they will be folding)

I give that protection/courtesy to others, and I don't think it is too much to expect it in return.

Very good reply explaining why it is unethical to open fold in multy way pots. It happens often though I'm sure most do so innocently with no intention to influence the game.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: