blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Blondes go mad!!!!! staking Ironside for the wsope PLO event
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondes go mad!!!!! staking Ironside for the wsope PLO event  (Read 84279 times)
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 29, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »

Iron imo not many people on blonde could of done this. It has happened because its you. I understand that you didnt expect to get it off the ground but now it is and you have a great oppotunity to play in a great comp.

As a stakeholder I have a couple of expectations of you.

1/ To give the comp 100%

2/ To enjoy yourself and have a good time.

I havent staked you to get a return, a return in this case is a bonus.

As a stakeholder I have no expectation of recieving any share of monies gained other than those direct from the prizepool. If you gain sponsership from this event, entrance in future events or money to wear logos or payment for interviews. This as far as im concerned should all go to you. You are the player.

The more sponsers you get and self-promo you get from this the better.

Maybe Jeeves will be avalible to help out and maybe wear some of the logos.

This is infact the 100% the solution IMO, and I for one wish the terms of my stake to stay the same as does Jim obv. Maybe as stakeholders we should all just quote this post as agreement of these new terms (if this is acceptable to you Iron?).
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »

Iron imo not many people on blonde could of done this. It has happened because its you. I understand that you didnt expect to get it off the ground but now it is and you have a great oppotunity to play in a great comp.

1/ To give the comp 100%

As a stakeholder I have no expectation of recieving any share of monies gained other than those direct from the prizepool. If you gain sponsership from this event, entrance in future events or money to wear logos or payment for interviews. This as far as im concerned should all go to you. You are the player.

Quoted as stated by the party of the first part to the party of the second part as long as the first part is as mad as the second part

FFS enjoy yourself and take the fecking thing down ... nuff said

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »

1/ To give the comp 100%

This is infact the 100% the solution IMO, and I for one wish the terms of my stake to stay the same as does Jim obv. Maybe as stakeholders we should all just quote this post as agreement of these new terms (if this is acceptable to you Iron?).

If Iron wins the bracelet id like to wear to for 6 hours per month

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: August 29, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »

[If Iron wins the bracelet id like to wear to for 6 hours per month

As long as he is not within 4,000 miles and you don't have to listen to him as well 

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »

1/ To give the comp 100%

I agree with the sentiments expressed above.

However, as the initial agreement was to cover expenses, which have now been covered by another source, there will be some 'spare' money in the kitty.

I'm happy to donate any excess to an ex-servicemans charity or whatever but I'm not comfortable with Ironside being in profit on my stake before he starts.

What he does with any other money generated by logos worn or other sources is entirely his business.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2008, 09:09:33 PM »

1/ To give the comp 100%

However, as the initial agreement was to cover expenses, which have now been covered by another source, there will be some 'spare' money in the kitty.

I'm happy to donate any excess to an ex-servicemans charity or whatever but I'm not comfortable with Ironside being in profit on my stake before he starts.

What he does with any other money generated by logos worn or other sources is entirely his business.

In the OP Iron stats the number of shares he wishes to sell and the price per share as he wants to keep a certain % for himself and he has expenses to cover.

He never stats the the shares cover his expenses. So if his expenses are being looked after by another party we should have to expection of rebate for our price paid per share.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »

happy to go with the flow and don't want to pull out whatever the agreement.

however the reason i want to buy a stake is to have an interest in the event, have a bit of a dream, a bit of excitment, a bit of a long shot gamble. i'm happy to pay the premium and i would also be happy to have an interest if you do get offered any brucey bonuses for getting to the FT or whatever.

if betfair say wear our shirt and we'll put you in the 10K ME then I'd love to have a stake in that. if BF say they'll put you in 10 events then maybe we could just have a stake in the first one or something?

anyway, whatever it's not a big deal. the people who are buying bigger stakes have more of a say than me and I'm happy to go with whatever is decided.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »

1/ To give the comp 100%

In the OP Iron stats the number of shares he wishes to sell and the price per share as he wants to keep a certain % for himself and he has expenses to cover.

He never stats the the shares cover his expenses. So if his expenses are being looked after by another party we should have to expection of rebate for our price paid per share.

FFS Just because someone else is picking up his expenses, I really don't agree to any rebate on my orignal stake (or reduction of % if he wins, because it was my free choice at the time) this was a "donation" to a top bloke in order that he could play in a tournament that he could not otherwise afford, and if I got a payback -- bonus.

My view, and my opinion - others might have differing views/opinions but don't let it detract from why we staked him in the first place.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »

nice1 m8... play on-------------> 1st place-----------> £300k ------------> wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  Smiley
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »

Grin thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: August 29, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »

Cant stake you, But ill have my palm mobiel there with me... So Im happy to attempt to update!

[   ] see you there kid
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: August 29, 2008, 09:37:20 PM »

My small stake is guaranteed Iron, have fun, get on telly, win it....its all good

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
The Dundonian

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 29, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »

Please don't wear the funny Scandanavian hat mate, any t-shirt with any logo but not that silly hat!

I'm sure you will get in the money mate but any share of that , that comes to me goes to a charity of your choice.

Enjoy the game!

I'm a rubber duck you can't quack me!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »

i totally accept what wardonkey is saying and is what i questioned with a few close friends before i took up the deal

the thing is without the deal i would be spending around £2000 which i would be unable to do and therefore i would have to pull out

i will be spending over £400 on the compertition and will still need around £500 worth of expenses

the only way i could justify this is keeping costs under £1000

as i said if anyone wants to pull out feel free to let me know

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »

ps i will send everyone a PM with details of how to pay over the next couple of days

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: