blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  WTF WTF WTF????
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTF WTF WTF????  (Read 4001 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »

If this guys doens't do this with kq,qj and q10, I would be very surprised.
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »

yeh unless u have a read that he does this every hand or something he will never have air here, its almost always AA/KK/22/33/a flush draw or even... Q2s lol. think we have too many blinds to be putting in here with tptk, in what is pretty much a flip or 40/60 shot readless.

This, deffo flipping vs range at best, 2bb invested, 100 back.. foldddddddddd

p.s mbn to get there
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »

I think its worth making these types of plays now and again when there is a flush draw out there, I do it sometimes and you get called very often.

Do you ever win at poker?

I mean im sorry, maybe im the super fish here and not on your level, but even if the guy turns his hand face up and im shown  or similar im still folding. I have put 2bb into the pot, 1 of which was unwillingly. I have one pair and one spade blocker. Do i want to put in another 100 big blinds in this spot. I fold here 99% of the time UNLESS the guy is some crazy idiot who is shoving like this every hand or sumink.. (which may be the case IDK).
Just everyone seems to think this is a snap? I have seen people ridic overbet jam with aa and kk in similar spots because they are scared to play postflop etc. If were snapping, why are we snapping? cos we think he has a total air ball? or because we think we have him dominated most of the time? i mean, we need to see kq, jq and 67ss all the time for this to be the correct call right?
The guy is obv a retard for this kind of jam, so if he is doing this often, then by all means call... but in general i dont see snapping him off here being profitable..

You'd be surprised how often you get called here. Your obviously good enough to fold but many wouldn't........
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 06:54:04 PM »

A winning player would have to be new to full tilt and pretty new to the table for me to pay off if I'm being second level levelled here.   

Would always call versus randoms as a random with uber stack isn't really a random random. He's much more likely to be uber loose donk than normal.

Longy talks about TP0K which is cool. I'd like to add that what defo makes this a call in a donk and go is that you see as much J2 and T3 as you do Q2 here. There's a big pile of equity being left in the middle if you fold.

If the blind levels were longer then the argument for a skill fold would be stronger. However, our 100 bb stack is going to be a 50 bb stack is going to be a 25 bb stack as those levels rise. It will happen soon and before a lot of the oppurtunities to dance and busk and outmanuevour our opponents come about.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »

A winning player would have to be new to full tilt and pretty new to the table for me to pay off if I'm being second level levelled here.   

Would always call versus randoms as a random with uber stack isn't really a random random. He's much more likely to be uber loose donk than normal.

Longy talks about TP0K which is cool. I'd like to add that what defo makes this a call in a donk and go is that you see as much J2 and T3 as you do Q2 here. There's a big pile of equity being left in the middle if you fold.

If the blind levels were longer then the argument for a skill fold would be stronger. However, our 100 bb stack is going to be a 50 bb stack is going to be a 25 bb stack as those levels rise. It will happen soon and before a lot of the oppurtunities to dance and busk and outmanuevour our opponents come about.

i think this is really unlikely to be the case that he shows up with J2 T3 etc. people who sometimes play with this seemingly random all in strategy do actually have a logic behind doing what they are doing....they have either hit the flop really hard (as in Q2s) or they have the overpair to the board, and they shove with the intention of getting a call from a top pair hand which their opponent is unable to fold. sometimes you will see the logic of a flush draw...."i can hit a flush". this isn't a rebuy where many players will be consta moving in with any piece just to try and get chips.

as for leaving equity on the table, watch him for a while and if he really is monkeying around every hand then it should be possible to make a call like this soon enough and be much more confident about the read.

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: