blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 08:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272948 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  WTF WTF WTF????
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTF WTF WTF????  (Read 4059 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 01:18:03 AM »

Ignore result, call next time too

Ignore result?

n=1

Sometimes you're going to get "owned by the top of their range"
Your call was still very correct

I meant that I obv hit an ace

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »

semantics

On this board I would say result is you stacked off behind (but correctly!)

The hitting ace is irrelevant to the hand analysis part of things. This isn't the hand story board

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 01:31:14 AM »

When I said ignore result, I meant don't let that he had two pair this time stop you stacking off in this spot in the future.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 01:38:29 AM »

I never realised how easy it was to level you tank Cheesy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 02:56:04 AM »

I think its worth making these types of plays now and again when there is a flush draw out there, I do it sometimes and you get called very often.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 03:00:30 AM »

Facing the bet, you'd still call vs random tho right?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 03:09:05 AM »

Facing the bet, you'd still call vs random tho right?

Not necessarily, as I say I do this regularly so am wise to it, the worst he probably has is a flush draw and there is a good chance your beaten. Always a better spot IMO..........and you have 100 bbs so there's no rush.

In reality it probably just depends on my mood at the time, size of comp and how seriously I'm taking it as to whether I call or not. If you think think the guy has AA/KK/AQ he will call a lot of the time because of the draw, shipping in this spot isn't a terrible strategy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:17:51 AM by Woodsey » Logged
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 09:13:44 AM »

I dont think shoving 10k into 0.5k can be anything other than a terrible strategy.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »

I dont think shoving 10k into 0.5k can be anything other than a terrible strategy.

I totally understand why you would say that. If there is a flush draw out there, try it the odd time, see what happens, I promise you will get called often. Just look at all the responses there have been on here about instacalling. I think live its less likely to work because people fold better live, but online they call very light. I know its not conventional thinking, but please don't totally dismiss the idea. The only reason I'm saying it is I know from experience it works.

There's a ton of hero's out there these days...........
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:52:16 AM by Woodsey » Logged
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »

The overbet isn't a bad strategy sometimes in general Woodsey, I just think that this is a bad spot for it from opponents POV here as the only hand that will call you that you also beat is AQ. (The big pairs having 3-bet pre)

Even AQ is going to 3-bet opponent pre half the time. He really was very fortunate to get a call here.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »

The overbet isn't a bad strategy sometimes in general Woodsey, I just think that this is a bad spot for it from opponents POV here as the only hand that will call you that you also beat is AQ. (The big pairs having 3-bet pre)

Even AQ is going to 3-bet opponent pre half the time. He really was very fortunate to get a call here.

Yeah, I agree there is much better spots to do it, probably the CR all in on the flop being the best scenario.
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 11:15:41 PM »

I think its worth making these types of plays now and again when there is a flush draw out there, I do it sometimes and you get called very often.

Do you ever win at poker?

I mean im sorry, maybe im the super fish here and not on your level, but even if the guy turns his hand face up and im shown  or similar im still folding. I have put 2bb into the pot, 1 of which was unwillingly. I have one pair and one spade blocker. Do i want to put in another 100 big blinds in this spot. I fold here 99% of the time UNLESS the guy is some crazy idiot who is shoving like this every hand or sumink.. (which may be the case IDK).
Just everyone seems to think this is a snap? I have seen people ridic overbet jam with aa and kk in similar spots because they are scared to play postflop etc. If were snapping, why are we snapping? cos we think he has a total air ball? or because we think we have him dominated most of the time? i mean, we need to see kq, jq and 67ss all the time for this to be the correct call right?
The guy is obv a retard for this kind of jam, so if he is doing this often, then by all means call... but in general i dont see snapping him off here being profitable..
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 02:13:07 AM »

fold, probs in equity flip/crushed a majority, early, super deep, "better spots".

railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »

Wow someone else has sense
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 02:01:57 PM »

yeh unless u have a read that he does this every hand or something he will never have air here, its almost always AA/KK/22/33/a flush draw or even... Q2s lol. think we have too many blinds to be putting in here with tptk, in what is pretty much a flip or 40/60 shot readless.

Christopher Brammer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: