blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:04:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  New Nottingham Blood
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Nottingham Blood  (Read 24426 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2005, 11:40:31 AM »

no, I'll second the Yuk. Wink

having grown up a metal head through the mid 80's through to mid 90's I started on Whitesnake, AC/DC and Iron Maiden, working my was up to Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and beyond into some very Angry music. Jeez I was mad at everything. I'm afraid Smiths, Mondays Stone Roses and the rest leaves me colder than a witch's brass tit.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2005, 11:59:26 AM »

OMG Adam - i used to think you were alright but that list you put forward has to be the worst bunch of so called music i have ever seen! - seriously!

opinions hey, wonderful aren't they?! - the more i think about opinions the more i realise I am right.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2005, 12:00:58 PM »

move over to the music thread, but as you do so bare in mind that I'm a guitarist and the music you've mentioned doesn't have much a strong lead guoitarist could get excited about.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2005, 09:01:58 PM »

Sorry Adam i'm with Jumior on this one!!

THE SMITHS  -  The greatest band EVER to come out of England!!  Without revealing too much of my age, i was too young to see the smiths at the time but since my once VERY strict father (how things have changed) wouldn't let me out the house (only to go school) i spent a lot of time in my bedroom dreaming and Morrissey was the man to dream with. 

I think i own everything they ever released and things they didnt!  I was truly obsessed by the lyrical genious and Marr's haunting guitars at times!  Shortly after The Smiths for me came all the Madchester stuff!  I saw the Happy Mondays live with old crooner Donovan supporting, excellent.  My biggest regret was never seeing the Stone Roses live but they will stay in my mind forever.

Shit - i'm ranting, going now.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2005, 10:06:47 PM »

Nah see, Chili peppers fan I can deal with, even if only for Flea and Chads outrageous abilities but the whole Smiths and Manchester thing, shame. dropped points
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2005, 03:10:14 AM »

Adam's right, you know.

The Smiths? Greatest Band? WORST, by a mile.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2005, 08:36:26 AM »

who'd have thought. A musical disagreement with me ant Tikay on one side and everyone else on the other

Cry I'll get my coat
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2005, 11:02:16 AM »

the fact that there are only 2 on your side says much, the smiths were the definitive band of their era no question

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2005, 11:07:21 AM »

as a metal fan I prefered to shout about my problems rather than whinge about them. different teenagers go about it different ways I suppose
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2005, 11:45:16 AM »

I should have missed out on all this stuff as well but my wonderful sister was just the right age, so as a skinny little 15year old i was watching the roses, simths, mondays and dancing myself stupid at the hacienda and PSV.

Great Great Days.

RADIOHEAD are the greatest band btw.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: