blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT at the Vic - Day 1a Live Update - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT at the Vic - Day 1a Live Update - Interactive  (Read 41099 times)
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »

no its not talk like a pirate week is it? i thought that tuesday was talk like a pirate day. thought i might be wrong. just in case... oo arr me hearties shiver me timbers. yarr
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2006, 05:12:52 PM »

Yaaaaaaaar, here be Stu Rutter news now, i was milling around the upper tables when I saw the blondite bet a healthy 3.5k into a 4k pot on a  which would commit his scanideboy opponent. The latter gave it the full 5 minute dwell, I think he sensed he was beat but couldn't fold, eventually moving all-in with  , but Stuart was holding  and the  on the river knocking scandieboy into Davy Jones' locker and pushed Master Rutter up to 20k. He says  to his brother too.

Kenna James is OUT.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2006, 05:13:34 PM »

no its not talk like a pirate week is it? i thought that tuesday was talk like a pirate day. thought i might be wrong. just in case... oo arr me hearties shiver me timbers. yarr

No no, arrrrr, me hearty, it be the whole week, they did be announcing it on Countdown
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »

Good luck (and chip counts appreciated) to Trevor 'BigTR' Reardon, Tim 'T8MML' Blake, Richie 'TaffsTour' Harris. Also Stuart Nash, El Blondie, Rumit and any of the other boys who were out in Turks and Caicos at the Johnny Chan thing with me last week.

National Pirate Week? I feel a joke coming on.....

Why are pirates called pirates? Coz they arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Cheesy
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

arrrrr well looks like i be wrong then. me compass has been playing up recently.

anyways...... nice work stu!! thanks be to ye for the update homer. i be owing you a chest of pieces of eight
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2006, 05:24:53 PM »

Pieces of Eight!

Here's one I saw earlier:

Uberscandie Henning Granstad won a tidy 6k pot in the first 15 minutes...

Caught him raising from 800 to 1,800 on the turn, board:  (with the eight just arriving).  One of two opponents called.
River:  the magic card, for he bet 2,000 and was called by .  His took the pot.  He remarked, "What a flop," both for him and the Other Guy...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2006, 05:26:55 PM »

Chippy counts from section umber 3 which, incidentally, is in the restuarant...

Barny Boatman -- 13,700
Luca Pagano -- 9,250
Mickey Wernick -- 8,450
Henning Granstad -- 16,000
Ram Vaswani -- 12,275
Luke Patten -- 11,550
T8mml -- 5,525
Martyn Cavanagh -- 13,475

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »

Just before the break I witnessed a fun hand, mainly due to the fact that a little bickering match occurred after the hand.

Flop =

Barney Boatman (small blind) bets 1k and Matey boy calls.

Turn =

Barney checks, Mateyboy bets 2k, Barney calls.

River =

Barney checks again, and so does Mateyboy.

Barney =

Mateyboy =

Barney announces straight, subsequently causing all of Mateyboy's mouth muscles to head south.

"How could you call me with that crap?" enquires Mateyboy with a rather fierce tone to his voice.

"I was ahead on the Turn," replies Barney.

"No you weren't," says Mateyboy angily.

At this point, Mateyboy shows his Pocket Jacks.

"Nah, I thought I was behind really, I just wanted to see your cards," gleams Barney.

"The stupid thing is that you made a bad call and then didn't even bet your hand on the River," complains Mateyboy.

"But I wanted you to bet"

"I'm not going to bet on that board after your call on the Turn"

At this point I became bored and mumbled off, leaving the distant sound of mumbling behind me. For a few moments, however, I have to confess to being mildy amusing by the exchange.

Who needs 'poo watch' when you get this at the table. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:39:27 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 05:41:02 PM »

ATTENTION UPDATERS

I am reliably informed that it is National Talk Like A Pirate Week. I demand that you piratify the updates. For everyone's sake. Oh damn, where's a pirate smiley when you need one...

Shiver me timbers, that girl has avast behind!

The older I get, the better I was.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 05:44:55 PM »

Total number of entries today:- 198 and we are now on the third level with 179 players after just finishing a short break, so 19 have been made to walk the plank. Yaar!!!

I talked briefly to both Stuart and Julian at the break, Stuart couldn't believe the guy called with the A7, especially since he raised him on the flop, but he's well chuffed about getting into the main event for only £150 from last night.

Julian meanwhile is still with his starting stack, though his table is certain to get more interesting now that Ali Mallu has been moved on to it... Not to mention that Ross Boatman and Torstein Iversen are on there too. Here's the action table complete with the guy who has THE best hair in the EPT.

gmoneyAK

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2006, 05:46:45 PM »

it looks like betfair from youtube  Cheesy
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2006, 05:54:47 PM »

After going from 12k to 7k with a 2-4 vs A-9 that was counterfeited on an A-2-4-6-6 board in which he his two pair on each street, Simon Zach is up to 19k after doubling through.

He called a preflop raise with 7-7, only to hit a third 7 on a 7-x-x board.

Although there were two hearts, Simon shoved the chips in, eventually finding a call from .

The set stood up and Zach is now up there with the chip leaders.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »

JEFF BUFFENBARGER

WANTED, PREFERABLY ALIVE, FOR AN OUTDRAW ON A FELLOW SOLIHULLIAN

Jeff bet an open-ended straight draw, John Shipley minimum re-raised his flopped set, Jeff raises again and Shipley re-raises.

By this time, Jeff considers himself to be in too deep and decides to push, inevitably finding a call from Shipley.

So, all the chips in on the flop and Jeff makes his straight when a six finds the Turn.

Ouch

MoodyRiver

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2006, 06:05:03 PM »

Chip count for Tony (The Rockfish) Mackay when you get a mo. CHEERS

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! (Erasmus 1531).     In the land of the blinds all you need is a king! (MoodyRiver 0745)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »

Harry Demetriou is OUT, he lost 4 hands in a row and then was all-in with  against  only for the flop to come  and no miracle runner runner.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: