blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 03:48:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker Tour
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker Tour  (Read 80692 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 11, 2009, 01:09:18 PM »

I have been searching Sky for sats to the DTD game in June and cant find any. Are they not running any yet or am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi Suzanne,

The Satellites for the £25,000 Guaranteed SPUKT Grand Final at DTD on June 13th & 14th have been running for a few weeks now - my Sky Poker blog has the details.

There are, I believe, Satellites every Sunday and a weekly final, with SNG's daily.

Entry fees range from £3 (in in 8 to weekly Final) to £6 (1 in 4 to weekly Final), or there is direct buy-in to the weekly Final at £22.

1 in 10 of those in the weekly Final get a Seat to the Grand Final.

Alternatively, there is a direct buy in to the Grand Final available at £220.

Hope this helps.

out of interest tony what was the reasoning why the grand final is direct buy in when the rest of the tour has been qualify only?

It was always planned to be exactly that Paul, & we have never suggested otherwise.

The Individual Legs were £50 nominal seat value, for a £7k Guaranteed Prize Pool, & due to the need to complete in a single day, & capacity constraints, we rarely offered more than 125 seats per leg, & these all went very quickly via Online Qualification.

The £25,000 Guaranteed Grand Final is a different kettle of fish entitely, with a Seat Value of £200 + £20. We have far greater capacity available to us, & it will be a 2 Day Event, so those 4 things change the dynamics considerably. To make the Guarantee of £25k, we need 125 runners. I'm hoping the field will in fact be considerably larger, & the Prize Pool therefore that much bigger.

We believe the Option to buy-in Directly is a benefit some of our Clients will appreciate - not everyone has the time, or inclination, (some even forget) - to Qualify Online, so it's a good alternative entry route for those that can afford it.

All the Seats for Leg 5, in Swansea, have long gone, & once that's over, Sky will concentrate on Promoting the Grand Final.

Parallel with the SPUKT, Sky Poker are also busy right now with the "Viva Las Vegas" Promotion, which offers £12,000 packages. So, a busy time for Satellites across on Sky Poker right now.

Are you are enjoying playing on Sky Poker?.

i never suggested that sky ever suggested otherwise that the grand final would be not qualifiers only merely asked a question why they have decided to allowed direct buy in.
you answered that for me thank you.

as for enjoying playing on sky the answer is i rarely play on there nowdays, i dont like the site that much and only really play it for satallite purposes.
anyway im to busy playing on blonde most of the time!

out of interest as i have not got the time or the money to play both blonde and sky or the other 300 or so sites we are encouraged to play here on blonde which sites are the most beneficial to blonde? is there one i should be playing instead of blonde?

Blimey, that's a good 'un.

I ought to let Tighty answer that, but I'll give it a whirl.......

We do not encourage you to play on "300" other sites. It's only about 79.....

We really don't mind which Site you play on, but if it's one we have a Deal with, or blonde itself, it helps pay to run the Site.

We actually have deals with a whole bunch of sites (listed alphabetically in case I give offence to any of them!) - Celeb Poker, DTD, Full-Tilt, Ladbrokes, Minted Poker, Sky Poker, + of course blonde Cardroom, so if you "click the link" & use any of those, it helps run blonde, & we would be most grateful.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 11, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »

But is the profit % higher for us playing on blonde than ladbrokes for example?

Does $1 of rake earn blonde say $0.25 for playing it on blonde cardroom, $0.10 for playing it on Ladbrokes?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 11, 2009, 01:15:27 PM »

Does $1 of rake earn blonde say $0.25 for playing it on blonde cardroom, $0.10 for playing it on Ladbrokes?

Minted Poker has the highest percentage.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: March 11, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »

yes but i only have time and money to regularly play 1 of them so to save me the guilt trips which is the most beneficial to blonde?

i play blonde 95% of the time and i thought that this was best for blonde as a whole if its not let me know and il switch my bankroll across to were it is more beneficial.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 11, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »

Play all your ipoker games on blonde, and all your other network games with our partners Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: March 11, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

so do u suggest we withdraw from blonde and deposit on minted? better for blonde?

bearing in mind i can only play 1 site of course

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 11, 2009, 01:19:05 PM »

Wow, that's VERY complicated. If only I could explain why, but commercial senitivities being what they are, I cannot.

And sometimes it's apples & pears, comparing different bthings - "benefit" it not always, or only, "how much, directly, do we earn". If only!

We know, for example, exactly what our gross margin on blonde is. But we have not got a clue what our net margin might be, in any given month, due to "network fines" for example, over which we have no control.

There is a case - sometimes - for arguing that playing on some of the Sites we promote has better guaranteed margins for us.

Just play on at least one right? Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 11, 2009, 01:20:01 PM »

yes but i only have time and money to regularly play 1 of them so to save me the guilt trips which is the most beneficial to blonde?

i play blonde 95% of the time and i thought that this was best for blonde as a whole if its not let me know and il switch my bankroll across to were it is more beneficial.

There is no guilt trip intended, just rather amateur and desperate spamming makes it appear so

If we made enough money from our own card-room to pay for our costs plus a bit then we wouldn't partner with anyone

We don't and never have

Of the partners play on any is great, via our links, but as stated above the current "best" deal for blonde financially is Minted

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 11, 2009, 01:20:24 PM »

so do u suggest we withdraw from blonde and deposit on minted? better for blonde?

Typical bloke - can't multi-task.  Roll Eyes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 11, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »

Kev's answer is probably about the best.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: March 11, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

lol i think 6 tabling on blonde most of the time on blonde is multi tasking enough  Wink

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 11, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »

lol i think 6 tabling on blonde most of the time on blonde is multi tasking enough  Wink

Unless you're on the phone, making dinner and feeding the cat as well I'm just not impressed...
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: March 11, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

Unless you're on the phone, making dinner and feeding the cat as well I'm just not impressed...

usually am but no cat lol

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 11, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »

Parallel with the SPUKT, Sky Poker are also busy right now with the "Viva Las Vegas" Promotion, which offers £12,000 packages.

tikay, I want to qualify to the WSOP on Sky so that I get to do the usual hookers, blow, stripclub, vegas thing with you cos presumably you'll be out there with sky looking after the qualifiers again?

so on the sky website they are saying these are £10K packages not 12K, perhaps you made a mistake?

at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if flights, hotel, seat and hookers comes to 10K or 12K or whatever and obv sky have the exchange rate to worry about as well.

but if it is a 10K package isn't £100 juice on an online £1K sat a bit expensive? (I fully realise that I can piss off and play somewhere else if I wish to ldo Smiley )

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=pkrpromo_wsop

and also I read this

# All Package winners will be provided with Sky Poker branded clothing, the wearing of which is compulsory during participation in events, notwithstanding the requirements of the event organiser.
# The promotion by Package winners of any other gaming product or service is prohibited and Sky Poker reserves the right to require players to change clothing that bears any branding for other gaming product or services.

what happens if I get to the final table and FT offer me 2 mill and a sponsorship deal to wear their shirt instead? Andy Black did it to Party if you remember. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:32:30 PM by byronkincaid » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 11, 2009, 04:12:38 PM »

Parallel with the SPUKT, Sky Poker are also busy right now with the "Viva Las Vegas" Promotion, which offers £12,000 packages.

tikay, I want to qualify to the WSOP on Sky so that I get to do the usual hookers, blow, stripclub, vegas thing with you cos presumably you'll be out there with sky looking after the qualifiers again?

so on the sky website they are saying these are £10K packages not 12K, perhaps you made a mistake?

at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if flights, hotel, seat and hookers comes to 10K or 12K or whatever and obv sky have the exchange rate to worry about as well.

but if it is a 10K package isn't £100 juice on an online £1K sat a bit expensive? (I fully realise that I can piss off and play somewhere else if I wish to ldo Smiley )

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=pkrpromo_wsop

and also I read this

# All Package winners will be provided with Sky Poker branded clothing, the wearing of which is compulsory during participation in events, notwithstanding the requirements of the event organiser.
# The promotion by Package winners of any other gaming product or service is prohibited and Sky Poker reserves the right to require players to change clothing that bears any branding for other gaming product or services.

what happens if I get to the final table and FT offer me 2 mill and a sponsorship deal to wear their shirt instead? Andy Black did it to Party if you remember. 

Several questions, some of them a bit complicated there, so I'll do them one by one if you don't mind.

I'm in the middle of doing something else right now, so bear with me please, it may take a while.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: