blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  New staking boards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New staking boards  (Read 27869 times)
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2008, 07:24:51 AM »

Ben Grundy gets staked.

"I approached BadBeat at the end of January with a view to them bankrolling me into my regular games, $25/$50 and $50/$100 PLO. So far this has gone extremely well. They manage my bankroll for me, and this year i've never lost more than $50,000 in a day. In comparison to last year, where i must have had at least 10 days when i lost between $75,000 and $150,000. In 5 months i'm up seven figures in dollars, and its definitely down to much better money management, and hardly any NL Hold'em. I've also had no risk, which makes playing far less stressful, plus i don't have to fear the bank account car crash thats happened so many times."

http://www.milkybarkids.blogspot.com/

Sandy
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »

cant particularly see the point in having a post count restriction for offering stakes, and think that 300 posts is too small to ask for stakes.. in fact I don't think you should even be able to ask for stakes in the short term. Theres far too many nippers compared to stakers in the poker world that its just going to lead to an imbalance of posts.

1000 posts AND been a registered user for a year, AND no PKR avatars is a better restriction imo.

I think you've gotta go by how long the persons been a member for, you can set up an account and post absolute shite on every thread going just to get your 300 posts up. FWIW im glad the staking board is up and running.

a pretty good % of the posters on here post absolute shite in every thread anyways, as tightend alludes to, so its going to be too hard for the moderators to discern what is and isn't a futile attempt to bolster the post count, which is why i think duration of membership is a much better standard.

Ultimately though, as tightend said, blonde take no involvement in all this, so there is a caveat emptor basis involved no matter who/what gets staked... I hope its a success but I really do think it should be a board that, for now, only allows people to offer stakes and not request them.

Whilst I agree totally with the postiings and duration of length here for someone wishing to be staked for obvious reasons (although in my opinion you still cannot rule out the odd problem arising), I don't think it should be the same criteria for someone who wishes to stake someone.
I would like to become an active member and contribute good quality posts but only when I feel I have a valid point to chip in with. This might take me longer than the 12 months to start off with so now as a newbie I already feel slightly alienated.
However rules are rules and I agree to abide by them.

Sorry Ironside, it looks like you'll to try and cope without my £15 ( she said tongue firmly in cheek.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:35:20 AM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2008, 09:46:13 AM »

cant particularly see the point in having a post count restriction for offering stakes, and think that 300 posts is too small to ask for stakes.. in fact I dont think you should even be able to ask for stakes in the short term. Theres far too many nippers compared to stakers in the poker world that its just going to lead to an imbalance of posts.

1000 posts AND been a registered user for a year, AND no PKR avatars is a better restriction imo.

Agree 100% just look at the recent offers for staking, must have been 5-6 lurkers rush out yelling for a free shot at a 10 bucks MTT.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2008, 09:49:09 AM »

cant particularly see the point in having a post count restriction for offering stakes, and think that 300 posts is too small to ask for stakes.. in fact I don't think you should even be able to ask for stakes in the short term. Theres far too many nippers compared to stakers in the poker world that its just going to lead to an imbalance of posts.

I think you've gotta go by how long the persons been a member for, you can set up an account and post absolute shite on every thread going just to get your 300 posts up. FWIW im glad the staking board is up and running.

a pretty good % of the posters on here post absolute shite in every thread anyways, as tightend alludes to, so its going to be too hard for the moderators to discern what is and isn't a futile attempt to bolster the post count, which is why i think duration of membership is a much better standard.

Ultimately though, as tightend said, blonde take no involvement in all this, so there is a caveat emptor basis involved no matter who/what gets staked... I hope its a success but I really do think it should be a board that, for now, only allows people to offer stakes and not request them.

Whilst I agree totally with the postiings and duration of length here for someone wishing to be staked for obvious reasons (although in my opinion you still cannot rule out the odd problem arising), I don't think it should be the same criteria for someone who wishes to stake someone.
I would like to become an active member and contribute good quality posts but only when I feel I have a valid point to chip in with. This might take me longer than the 12 months to start off with so now as a newbie I already feel slightly alienated.
However rules are rules and I agree to abide by them.

Sorry Ironside, it looks like you'll to try and cope without my £15 ( she said tongue firmly in cheek.)

I might have misread the initial post, but my understanding with the restrictions is that they are to be applied for people starting new threads either asking for or offering staking.  I don't think there's any rule stopping anyone with less than 300 posts etc offering to stake someone who has asked for backing (that would most probably be done via PM in any case, so I don't think you're precluded from getting a piece of Ironside Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »

Good idea  thumbs up

Obviously there has to be a "suck it and see" attitude to start with, and changes might have to be made.......but I 'm sure it will be a welcomed addition.

It will be good to also use the board to swap % with fellow Blondes playing in the same comp.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:07 AM »

you can set up an account and post absolute shite on every thread going just to get your 300 posts up. FWIW im glad the staking board is up and running.

yeah, its just what Boldie's been waiting for

I actually damn near wet myself at that one as I didn't expect it

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:56 AM »

rest assured, I almost put Kinboshi. Either way it was a joke and not how it was taken by a subsequent poster!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 11:00:40 AM »

rest assured, I almost put Kinboshi. Either way it was a joke and not how it was taken by a subsequent poster!

No worries, it was taken as such Smiley

Even subsequent poster was probably referring to something else you said earlier.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 12:43:44 PM »

I don't like the idea of a staking board.

Tighty, could you really name 5 players on here who would ask for staking that in your opinion it would actually be worthwhile to people of the blonde community staking?

Doesn't look like Julian or Mr Colclough will be doing it anytime soon.

The only reason people ask for staking is either because they want to play in games they don't have the bankroll for (funnily enough there may be a reason why they dont have the bankroll for these).

If anyone wants staking why cant people just send messages to those they know? This could also lead to problems which would reflect badly on blonde.

People on here want staking for £200 comps etc...FFS they probably need a hot meal first.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2008, 12:54:48 PM »

I don't like the idea of a staking board.

Tighty, could you really name 5 players on here who would ask for staking that in your opinion it would actually be worthwhile to people of the blonde community staking?

Doesn't look like Julian or Mr Colclough will be doing it anytime soon.

The only reason people ask for staking is either because they want to play in games they don't have the bankroll for (funnily enough there may be a reason why they dont have the bankroll for these).

If anyone wants staking why cant people just send messages to those they know? This could also lead to problems which would reflect badly on blonde.

People on here want staking for £200 comps etc...FFS they probably need a hot meal first.
I think the staking board is fine, i just dont like th idea of people asking to be staked.
If someone wants to stake then fair play to them and good luck in getting a return.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008, 12:55:05 PM »

I'm not going to name names but yes I can think of a number of people.

People may not be able to afford comps for all sorts of reasons..I can think of one person straight away, and to suggest or imply that its entirely due to them being losing players is erroneous to my mind

I also think its quite condescending to say people may need a "hot meal first"....the personal circumstances of people may mean they don't have the bankroll for the comps they'd like to play and their ability or track record at lower levels suggests they'd do well in

blonde is made up of a lot of recreational players,(and some pros too, but mainly recreational) many of whom play small stakes. If they, and the community of which they are a part, come to arrangements through blonde's new boards for their mutual benefit then I regard that as a good thing, with the guidelines that we've introduced obviously being adhered to
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:56:46 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »

there will always be a reason, and it could be one of many.  Family/committments/playing recreationally rather than trying to build a bankroll.

As for your last comment - well, I can't say what I thought after reading that or I'd get hit with the ban stick.

I just don't get all the negativity on this thread - there are people out there wanting to stake players and there are players wanting to be staked.  If you don't want to get involved just keep away from it and let the others get on with it.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2008, 01:02:09 PM »

there will always be a reason, and it could be one of many.  Family/committments/playing recreationally rather than trying to build a bankroll.

In that case they should go and play the nearest £10 freezeout.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »

Cos just chill man, haven't you got some uni work you should be doing instead of causing trouble on here LOL.......
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »

In that case they should go and play the nearest £10 freezeout.

you're right of course - they should know their place.  I suppose you use 50s for kindling - good luck to you.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: