blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Gala Poker Tour Grand Final: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gala Poker Tour Grand Final: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 21417 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 04:29:19 PM »

Matt Dale is short after running his A-J into Surindar Sunar's Jacks on a J-3-5-3-2 board, he has roughly 1,700 left.

Tablemate Tim Blake has managed to hit and two full houses, sadly both in the same hand holding on a 8-5-3-5-8 board and obviously he was unable to get paid off. He did come a bit unstuck against Samuel Wan when he check/raised an 800 bet to 2,100 on a flop. Wan made it 5,800 though and Blake insta-passed, tapping the table.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 04:34:45 PM »

If you have time can you send Matt Tyler my GL wishes please ..xx

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »

A quiet start for Chaz Chattha so far, his table since the exit of Robert Williamson III. Meanwhile his friend Priyan "I'm not as reckless as Praz" De Mel is on a much crazy table due to Albert Sapiano's style of chasing just about every draw he can, no matter what the bet.

Players are now on a short break, play will restart in about 10 minutes. Jennifer Tilly is nearby being interviewed on the the perks of being a woman in poker and how sometimes, it can be hard betting the nuts at some points because in a situation where a player might raise two pair or a set on the river against a man, they'll just call against a woman.

T-V-B

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 04:38:06 PM »

Do the players have a longer break later?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 04:51:43 PM »

Do the players have a longer break later?

Yes, the dinner break is for 45 minutes in two levels time. Blinds are now 75/150.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

I'm not one for coming on and shamelessly plugging the updates, but I have to confess that I've rather enjoyed this one, and with such a small field, severe connection problems, and poor lighting, think JungleCat and NoflopsHomer have performed marvelously to make this a terrific update and better than anywhere else on the net.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »

Matt Dale is now OUT, eliminated just at the start of this level, but we missed how.

Paul Gardner bets 400 on a board, Carl Wahlberg makes it 1,200. Gardner calls. Both check the turn and river. Gardner's Queens winning against Jacks. Missed value bet on the river?

Fabulous Glittering Prizes:

1st -- £87,500
2nd -- £53,250
3rd -- £36,500
4th -- £22,250
5th -- £16,000
6th -- £11,000
7th -- £9,250
8th -- £8,000
9th -- £6,250

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »

It seems Albert Sapiano's play has spiked the interest of his table.

after Hussein Yilmaz limps in early position, Albert raises to 550 and Hussein calls...

The flop comes . When Hussein checks Albert bets 2k to which hussein folds.

Albert shows .

"Is that ANOTHER flush draw!" yells someone at the table, suggesting Albert has been prone to playing one or two SOOOTED cards. It seems as though Albert has abandoned the usual tight rocky poker for which he is famed.

Darren Campbell has been giving Priyan De Mel tips on i-pods on his table. Priyan is heard shortly afterwards berating someone on the phone...."Thanks for telling me I needed special earphones!"

Roberto Romanello, who incidentally is wandering around on crutches, looks a little bored and unhappy as he has a relatively small stack. Something tells me he'll be getting that in pretty shortly...

Jennifer Tilley has moved into business mode by removing her jacket with a bat emblazoned on the back and putting on a black cowboy hat. Don't mess!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2007, 05:31:03 PM »

is snoopy there?

I'm there in spirit.  Smiley
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2007, 05:31:52 PM »

The Honeymonsterman has just added to his stack.

He bet 4,000 out on a two spades flop, Ian Holwill, who had originally raised, passed his red Aces. Jason Def Freitas moved all-in for 9,450 more and Albert called.

Jason:

Albert:

And the gnomish looking man is way over 30k now...

Over on table 5, Jason Ho, who writes every single hand down in a diary, rather like Thomas Fuller did in Baden, was contemplating calling a 5k bet on the river of a board. Daniel Wilmer-Brown had made the almost pot-sized bet and Jason was inquisitively asking, "Why so much?" before running through a number of hands he, presumably was losing too. He didn't mention though, which is the one he was shown when he eventually called.

Peter Gould is OUT. He looked to be holding two spades on a board but was called by Jeffrey Flewitt's and then missed the river. Also gone is Darren Campbell, we're guessing he dropped the baton. Roll Eyes

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 05:41:19 PM »

Crutches or not, Roberto is good value for entertainment!

He is seen betting 1300 into a similar sized pot on the river of a two spades .

When his opponent, Stan Essen passed, he showed a single deuce...

"Only way I could win" said Roberto to which Stan responded several times with "MY ARSE" suggesting he had doubts about the veracity of Roberto's claim...

Stan looked to be slightly miffed and the next hand he limped and when Johnathan Butters raised to 575 he reraised him by another 1k.

The Two Clubs flop was checked and a 2.1k bet on the turn by Stan was sufficient to take the pot down...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 05:43:02 PM »

Roberto Romanello is OUT.

He made a small raise from the cut-off and called a re-raise from Stan Essen in the small blind.

"You're tilting you are," he said as he called the raise.

The flop came , Stan checked, bet around half the pot. Stan set him and Roberto called, saying, "If you have K-Q good luck to you."

Stan flipped , whilst Roberto showed .

The turn was the and Roberto called for a Jack, but the river was the two spades, the ultimate blank. Scant consolation for Roberto was that he was never going to win this hand, however it was played.

I've had to lend my headphones to Chaz Chattha after he admitted breaking his own by accidentally dipping it into his glass of coke... Roll Eyes

I'm not sure how some of these guys would cope without me to be honest...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:44:56 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 05:54:50 PM »

Marc Goodwin is OUT!

Details of his exit hand are scarcer than a quiet moment on Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari's table, although we'll see if we can find out what happened. What was known though was that he was short after losing 7k early on and never really recovering from that...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »

The Phil Laak/Antonio Esfandiari abuse match continues.

This time Phil Laak offers Neil Channing £50 to bust Antonio this hand. "Please, please Neil..."

Neil passes to a 2,205 bet on a 5-3-2 rainbow board and Antonio shows the .

"No Neil! He had nothing..."

gasman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »

Darren Campbell has been giving Priyan De Mel tips on i-pods on his table. Priyan is heard shortly afterwards berating someone on the phone...."Thanks for telling me I needed special earphones!"

I've had to lend my headphones to Chaz Chattha after he admitted breaking his own by accidentally dipping it into his glass of coke... Roll Eyes

I'm not sure how some of these guys would cope without me to be honest...

Priyan and his new I-Phone, been talking about all this week  Roll Eyes

Are these guy's here to listen to music or play poker ffs!!

Great Update's guys
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: