blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.  (Read 106441 times)
simon1471

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »

Yes, very good point.

I never worry about the juice at DTD because they basically use any additional juice and lump it back and way more on top into the sat feeders/overlays plus they take huge risks with massive gtd's so you intitled to charge more juice for the product they offer.  If any other uk operator did this i wouldn't play as they give nothing back.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2014, 12:35:06 PM »

last time i pre-paid for a 6max side event seat i arrived late and had been blinded out hard. I wouldnt have if i had bought in late (and not stayed up till the wee hours) .Has this rule been changed? I would like to pre-reg but dont want to run the risk again.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »

last time i pre-paid for a 6max side event seat i arrived late and had been blinded out hard. I wouldnt have if i had bought in late (and not stayed up till the wee hours) .Has this rule been changed? I would like to pre-reg but dont want to run the risk again.

Shouldnt happen now.  You have to go to cash desk to sign in Alex even if you bought in online.
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »

Hi guys,

Just to confirm Shop (advance) and online holding tank buy ins will go in from the start.

There will be late reg tanks for the 6-Max Mini for those that need it.

Glenn

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2014, 02:55:21 PM »

Shouldnt happen now.  You have to go to cash desk to sign in Alex even if you bought in online.

you certain? this happened at the sky thing not long ago, can a DTD staff member confirm pls. Chips in play only when signed in at cash desk now?
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2014, 03:09:35 PM »

Hi guys,

I will be honest here. For some of our smaller events where capacity and numbers are not an issue the DTD ruling is usually your chips do not go into play until you arrive.

For UKPC, UKIPT's etc we have a issues where players want to:

Pre Register but want to be late
Arrive late and have a seat guaranteed
Register Online via the software or shop.

For this event (as per the last UKPC) if you buy in in advance via the shop (or are in initial lobby holding tanks) your chips will be in play from the start. If you are going to be late and pre buy in you are welcome to let us know and we won't put you in the tournament system  BUT will run the risk of an alternates list etc. Something we always try to avoid. This system will operate for UKPC and UKPC 6-Max Mini.

Hope this helps,
Glenn

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »

Hi guys,

I will be honest here. For some of our smaller events where capacity and numbers are not an issue the DTD ruling is usually your chips do not go into play until you arrive.

For UKPC, UKIPT's etc we have a issues where players want to:

Pre Register but want to be late
Arrive late and have a seat guaranteed
Register Online via the software or shop.

For this event (as per the last UKPC) if you buy in in advance via the shop (or are in initial lobby holding tanks) your chips will be in play from the start. If you are going to be late and pre buy in you are welcome to let us know and we won't put you in the tournament system  BUT will run the risk of an alternates list etc. Something we always try to avoid. This system will operate for UKPC and UKPC 6-Max Mini.

Hope this helps,
Glenn

Makes sense.  Cheers for the explanation Glenn.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2014, 04:09:50 PM »

Yes, the problem arises in "capacity" events, when a player arrives late, &, not unreasonably, wants to take his seat immediately. Gets a bit awkward then.

And leaving seats empty for pre-booked entries, whilst there is an Alternates queue out the door, makes no sense, either.

It's not many years back that if we arrived after the first hand was dealt, you were auto-disqualified. How times change, & so quickly, too.

Best to try to arrive on time, imo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »

There have been one or two minor updates to stuff like Late Reg times, clocks etc, but nothing major.

This is the final Update.

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/the-sky-6-max-ukpc/2424

http://www.uk6maxchampionships.com/

SIG

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »

any leaderboard details yet?  People keep talking about it but nothing has happened.  Just deciding how many events to play and the leaderboard would be an incentive to play more potentially.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »

any leaderboard details yet?  People keep talking about it but nothing has happened.  Just deciding how many events to play and the leaderboard would be an incentive to play more potentially.

Will try & find out for you Mr Argue.

Alternatively.....

Tune in to Ch 861 this evening fom 8pm, & Paul Jackson, who helped design the UKPC Leaderboard will be in the Studio, taking questions.

You can get questions aired on the Show by e-mailing skyopen@bskyb.com

Mention my name if you wish. It won't help.

Or you could say something nice about tonight's Presenter, Anna Fowler. That might help.

Incidentally, she was recently described in a thread on 2+2 as "has a chin like Desperate Dan, & about as sexy as him, too".

Ooohhhh!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »

Without wanting to annoy adz again i actually am at mythical girlfriend's house all week so i can get the next two weekends for DTD with no proper sky (assume you can't get the poker channel on virgin which she has?) otherwise i would email and watch.  Nicola/Tighty/Simon keep saying it's about to appear but there is no sign of the leaderboard details.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2014, 06:13:13 PM »

Without wanting to annoy adz again i actually am at mythical girlfriend's house all week so i can get the next two weekends for DTD with no proper sky (assume you can't get the poker channel on virgin which she has?) otherwise i would email and watch.  Nicola/Tighty/Simon keep saying it's about to appear but there is no sign of the leaderboard details.

You can watch it via the Online Live Stream.

Go to the Home Page, here....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_main

..and then click on my nose, or Anna's chin.

Takes you straight to the Live Stream. Currently showing the previous UKPC Final actually.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2014, 06:14:09 PM »

Yes, the problem arises in "capacity" events, when a player arrives late, &, not unreasonably, wants to take his seat immediately. Gets a bit awkward then.

And leaving seats empty for pre-booked entries, whilst there is an Alternates queue out the door, makes no sense, either.

It's not many years back that if we arrived after the first hand was dealt, you were auto-disqualified. How times change, & so quickly, too.

Ahhh the good old days.

I remember everyone sat in their seats as Batman and Robin, aka Dubai and Pommo sprinted through The Vic Cardroom .......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »

Ahhh the good old days.

I remember everyone sat in their seats as Batman and Robin, aka Dubai and Pommo sprinted through The Vic Cardroom .......

Yup, literally. Miss the first hand, & thats it, its all over baby.

Now we debate the merits of Late Regging 6 hours in, or "chips in play?", & folks still get uppity. Incred times.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: