blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cricket fans? county championship thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cricket fans? county championship thread  (Read 3932 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2013, 05:44:08 PM »

anyone go to many games each season?

going to my first game of the season the weekend after this...

magoffin got 12 wickets for 31 runs over two innings v somerset including 20/8! pretty ridic Smiley

gherkin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »

I go to the majority of Warwickshire games (although as I type this I'm watching them on the TV instead).  Not a great start to the season although we've had to play pretty much every game with 6 or 7 first XI players missing because of injury or international call ups.  If we can stick within 30 points of the leaders with 5 or 6 games to go (by then we should have a few key players back) then we've definitely got a chance.  I hope so anyway because our 1 day cricket is pretty ordinary, not expecting much in the CB40 or T20.

Middlesex look great and Yorkshire & Sussex have done really well to be where they are.  I stand by my pre-season assessment of Durham, even though they'll go top if the beat Middlesex!  I saw them play Warwickshire near the start of the season and they were thrashed by our B team.  No idea what is going on at Somerset, they look pretty ordinary this year.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »

Used to me a member of Notts when I lived in west bridgford and go a fair bit. Not been for a while now, should maybe make an effort sometimes  Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »

Surrey member and work at some games around the country too

Surrey a very unbalanced side, poor batting side and not many players in their prime

Things will look up when Adams goes and we trust in our very good acadamy a bit more

Lad is a big Northants fan so I watch them quite a bit too. Clutching some betting vouchers tightly for LVCC Div 2 at the moment!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »

Surrey a very unbalanced side, poor batting side and not many players in their prime

Things will look up when Adams goes and we trust in our very good acadamy a bit more

Lad is a big Northants fan so I watch them quite a bit too. Clutching some betting vouchers tightly for LVCC Div 2 at the moment!

why do you follow/support surrey and leicester as a football team??

glad we took RHB back off you Tongue unbelievable how he has gone surrey-sussex-surrey-sussex

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 06:20:14 PM »

I first went to see Leicester as a 7 year old.

Family moved to London when I was 10 and my Grandparents were Surrey members and got me a Junior Membership

Until I was old enough to get myself back to leicester my sport was Rugby in the winter and Cricket in the summer hols at the Oval

RHB is a great natural talent. After the disaster of last year with his captaincy and Tom Maynard, he had to leave.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

Nice, well good luck for the season!

Edgbaston holding the 20-20 final, so hopefully make a trip up there this season gherkin Smiley

gherkin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:32 PM »

Nice, well good luck for the season!

Edgbaston holding the 20-20 final, so hopefully make a trip up there this season gherkin Smiley

Excellent, I'll be there, although the chances I'll be watching Warwickshire are slim to nil!
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 11:26:11 PM »

Just got back from a very cold Edgbaston where Notts beat Warks. Didn't know how much it would be, couldn't believe it was £20. Pretty sure if it was a £10 they couldve doubled the amount of ppl in the ground it was pretty much empty. Go to Notts quite a bit and sometimes Leicester as I played in their junior set-up as a young lad. Current brag is that I got 50 last year against the lad who's getting all Leicestershire's wickets this season, Ollie Freckingham.

Notts looking strong on paper with a team almost full of internationals, Hales is a bit out of form, but Lumb looked absolutely quality tonight, class apart from everyone else, timing the arse off it! Warks look  bit fragile atm.

stumpythefish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 11:39:17 PM »

hi tighty, my nephew plays for northants rob newton and  before the season started he said he really fancied there chances this year i was going to post my 1st tip on tips for tikay thread but you had beat me to it sigh im going down to watch him in august hopefully the league will be wrapped up by then 20-1 cmon

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »

why do you follow/support surrey and leicester as a football team??

glad we took RHB back off you Tongue unbelievable how he has gone surrey-sussex-surrey-sussex

Sussex man myself too, though only tend to go to the t20 and 1 day stuff. Never been a Rory fan, he thinks he's way better than he is.
Think Sussex will be right up there this season, certainly not 6th like some suggested. Sussex dont get interrupted by call ups fortunately.
Most underrated is Nash, gets wickets whenever a breakthrough is needed.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 11:57:35 PM »

I'm thinking of wandering along to Middlesex v Sussex at Lords on Thursday - £16 to spend a day in the sunshine quenching my thirst at seems like an idea.

So, obv, if anyone else wants to wander down we can meet up.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »

I'm thinking of wandering along to Middlesex v Sussex at Lords on Thursday - £16 to spend a day in the sunshine quenching my thirst at seems like an idea.

So, obv, if anyone else wants to wander down we can meet up.

Did you go?

I'm going to Hove on the 28th for T20
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »

Nah - doing tomorrow now (provided I can get my arse in gear).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »

lols, you didn't get to see the Prior incident then.

Sussex getting smashed in this
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:04:46 PM by vegaslover » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: