blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  JJ facing 3bet pre
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JJ facing 3bet pre  (Read 2021 times)
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »

wtf he has 8% 3bet its not like he has qq + here,
I understand this, but what should we then do post flop, we have position and if the flop comes three under cards I assume we call? Where do we go from there. I lose lot's of money in these types of situation (and many others).

this is one of the more favourable outcomes of the hand. if the flop comes low low low then my default line readless would be to just call call call. can't really go wrong there.

if it comes Q/K/A high, i'm always calling at least the first barrel. Re-evaluating on the turn if he fires again, depending on the card, our reads. He's 3betting 8%, that's very wide from the sb. He'll barrel most flops, but most ppl shutdown if called on the flop. I.e. he 3bets the K9suited it comes ace high, he thinks that's a good card to barrel, you call, he thinks, oh shit you've got an ace, better give up.

some ppl will be harder to play postflop, and vs these, especially with the 8% 3b stat, I'd be 4b/getting it in vs them as its more profitable than playing the streets if you're not confident post / think he's gonna own you.

so vs an unknown, its close between 4b/calling and peeling IP, never folding obv, and if i decide to peel, not folding to a cbet on most boards, except AKx KQx AQx AKQ.

Sigh - sometime I think I understand this game a little bit then I read an answer like that and realize I am still a noob. I did not think this could ever be a 4-bet (if I was playing the hand it would not enter my head) but yeah, I guess it is.

This.

Lots of good input here, thanks all.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »

yeh i think Rod, that's because 5/6 years ago no-one was getting JJ in pre for 100bbs cos ppl only 3/4b with AA/KK but these days, people are 3 and 4betting much wider, so Jacks is a pretty massive hand.

He's 3betting 8% which to give you an idea is something like 99+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+,KJo - so a much wider range than you'd think.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »

4b/call way the best option theoretically

most average online nl players 3bet a pretty polarised range from the SB, super-premiums/good hands that are too weak too call

+
  +

etc.

SO you're always gonna show profit 4b/calling cos his range has so many folds in it.

you're range before he 3-bets is pretty wide, if you wanna be 4bet bluffing ever you can click-it-back/call - im sure pleno's done the maths on this

if we're not value 4betting JJ c/o vs SB, then we basically can barely 4bet anything as we are ridiculously polarized (we dont have a wide enough range of hands we 4bet for value to make the strategy of 4betting non-exploitable)

I'm always going to 4b/call personally here as its never burning money and you gain further info on his 3bets.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »

Don't think we've had this for a while......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »

He's 3betting 8% which to give you an idea is something like 99+,AJs+,KQs,AJo+,KJo - so a much wider range than you'd think.

Cheers, I've been thinking about the 8% stat quite a bit today. Of course, when I did the maths, In realised how big a range it is! Doh!

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: