blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 03:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1293283 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5040 on: February 01, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »

"Joao Carlos Teixeira will join Liverpool's Academy after the formalities of his transfer from Sporting Lisbon were completed.

The 19-year-old Portuguese youth international played and scored against the Reds earlier this season at Anfield in the NexGen series."

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Peter Costa

View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: February 04, 2012, 03:17:56 AM »

I don’t really discuss football as I understand how passion or bias can blind people when it comes to discussing a certain topic.  I therefore tend to be very understanding into how opposition fans can reach a certain point of view.  However, in regards to the Suarez/Evra incident, I must admit that I failed to understand how Suarez was accused. of abuse, never mind racism.

Coming from a different culture, I obviously have an advantage in understanding how certain words or phrases simply cannot be translated into another language. For that reason alone, like LFC, I thought common sense and appreciation of another person’s culture would apply. How wrong we were.

In truth, the FA disgust me in how they openly looked for a scapegoat in their efforts to send out a message to FIFA about racism.  And lets be honest, what a scapegoat Suarez proved to be.  He had been the dish of the year as far as hatred by opposition fans and the media were concerned. The FA must have been rubbing their hand in glee when he admitted to saying that word.  What followed was a 115 page report that tried to fit in with a guilty verdict, rather than the report showing guilt. 

I could actually go into very specific details on a variety of issues in the report but, it would take probably take 20 pages of writing.  At the end of the day, Suarez was judged by people who have probably no idea of how footballers act on a pitch. To say that Suarez could not have meant the word as anything but abusive, is an indication as to how ignorant or how determined the panel was in their handling of this case. I have played the game and still play at the age of 56. I know that in my day, I responded to abuse in the same manner as Suarez did. I would playfully pat them on the head and suggest they try harder if they wanted to hurt me. In fact, I found that by being playful when faced by an angry opponent was the best way to get them ever more upset. Therefore, to Suggest that Suarez intentionally looked to provoke Evra by abusing him is simply laughable.

The other main misconception pointed out by media and opposition fans is Suarez should have known better and that this took place in the UK.   The thing is, the conversation was started by two foreign players and took place in Spanish. Therefore, how could a non-Spanish speaking panel judge fairly in this case?  As for Suarez knowing it was wrong? How could he? Why would he know that a certain word could be deemed as offensive never mind racist? Anyway, Suarez had actually used the term last season to Yaya Toure during the Man City game. No one complained, certainly not Yaya who knew exactly what the word meant.

There is so much more to address in this case. Overall however, I find the that the FA have a lot to answer for. Sure, we all want to kick racism out of society never mind football but, to look for a scapegoat in a case that could have so much uncertainty attached was asking for trouble. Luckily, it may die down now and we can move on but, the FA needs to really consider their role when it comes to racist cases. After all, one of their spokesmen was quoted as saying that the FA were judging football matters and that they weren’t sending people to prison. Really? Do they not understand how important it is to get their judgment right? Well Mr FA, when you ensure that a person will get viewed as a racist because of your judgment, you would do well to understand that this is worse than prison.

Overall, I hate the FA not just because of this case, but for their handling of our game. I won’t go into that either as I will be here all day.

All I can say to all football fans is have all the passion in the world, but lets leave hate behind.

As for the media. My god, how I hate the scum. They use every opportunity to fuel hatred and to create divisions. All in order to sell more papers and get more hits on their sites.  What happened to true journalism and the desire for the truth? Mr John Pilger, please come out of retirement and do one more documentary on the scum that is the FA.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: February 04, 2012, 07:35:48 AM »

I don’t really discuss football as I understand how passion or bias can blind people when it comes to discussing a certain topic.  I therefore tend to be very understanding into how opposition fans can reach a certain point of view.  However, in regards to the Suarez/Evra incident, I must admit that I failed to understand how Suarez was accused. of abuse, never mind racism.

Coming from a different culture, I obviously have an advantage in understanding how certain words or phrases simply cannot be translated into another language. For that reason alone, like LFC, I thought common sense and appreciation of another person’s culture would apply. How wrong we were.

In truth, the FA disgust me in how they openly looked for a scapegoat in their efforts to send out a message to FIFA about racism.  And lets be honest, what a scapegoat Suarez proved to be.  He had been the dish of the year as far as hatred by opposition fans and the media were concerned. The FA must have been rubbing their hand in glee when he admitted to saying that word.  What followed was a 115 page report that tried to fit in with a guilty verdict, rather than the report showing guilt. 

I could actually go into very specific details on a variety of issues in the report but, it would take probably take 20 pages of writing.  At the end of the day, Suarez was judged by people who have probably no idea of how footballers act on a pitch. To say that Suarez could not have meant the word as anything but abusive, is an indication as to how ignorant or how determined the panel was in their handling of this case. I have played the game and still play at the age of 56. I know that in my day, I responded to abuse in the same manner as Suarez did. I would playfully pat them on the head and suggest they try harder if they wanted to hurt me. In fact, I found that by being playful when faced by an angry opponent was the best way to get them ever more upset. Therefore, to Suggest that Suarez intentionally looked to provoke Evra by abusing him is simply laughable.

The other main misconception pointed out by media and opposition fans is Suarez should have known better and that this took place in the UK.   The thing is, the conversation was started by two foreign players and took place in Spanish. Therefore, how could a non-Spanish speaking panel judge fairly in this case?  As for Suarez knowing it was wrong? How could he? Why would he know that a certain word could be deemed as offensive never mind racist? Anyway, Suarez had actually used the term last season to Yaya Toure during the Man City game. No one complained, certainly not Yaya who knew exactly what the word meant.

There is so much more to address in this case. Overall however, I find the that the FA have a lot to answer for. Sure, we all want to kick racism out of society never mind football but, to look for a scapegoat in a case that could have so much uncertainty attached was asking for trouble. Luckily, it may die down now and we can move on but, the FA needs to really consider their role when it comes to racist cases. After all, one of their spokesmen was quoted as saying that the FA were judging football matters and that they weren’t sending people to prison. Really? Do they not understand how important it is to get their judgment right? Well Mr FA, when you ensure that a person will get viewed as a racist because of your judgment, you would do well to understand that this is worse than prison.

Overall, I hate the FA not just because of this case, but for their handling of our game. I won’t go into that either as I will be here all day.

All I can say to all football fans is have all the passion in the world, but lets leave hate behind.

As for the media. My god, how I hate the scum. They use every opportunity to fuel hatred and to create divisions. All in order to sell more papers and get more hits on their sites.  What happened to true journalism and the desire for the truth? Mr John Pilger, please come out of retirement and do one more documentary on the scum that is the FA.

toolate tl;dr

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »

I couldn't have put it better.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5044 on: February 04, 2012, 12:39:56 PM »

Excellent post.

I also think the FA have handled the Terry thing terribly. I don't like the man, don't think he should have been England captain in the first place and then shouldn't have been reinstated.

However, to remove his captaincy based on an unproven allegation seems ridiculous. Another kangaroo court decision imo.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: February 04, 2012, 12:46:41 PM »

All I can say to all football fans is have all the passion in the world, but lets leave hate behind

Made me lol. Especially as that emotive and inspiring advice is wedged directly between the parts where you tell us about your own vigorous hatred of the FA and your own genuine hatred of the media.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Peter Costa

View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: February 04, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »

Oviously meant hate between fans. I think if you cant hate the FA and media than you cant be human. The offerr countless reasons to hate how the operate. This case has been a prime example but its just one of many and of mnay to come

Made me lol. Especially as that emotive and inspiring advice is wedged directly between the parts where you tell us about your own vigorous hatred of the FA and your own genuine hatred of the media.
[/quote]
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »

Although I have read reams on this whole saga and what the specific word that Suarez used means in Spanish I am still not sure I totally understand it but I think the important point is that footballers need to understand that they are role models and how people perceive their behaviour is almost as important as how they actually behave.  This may seem excessive but given the wages they earn and the fact that thousands of kids look up to them is hugely important. 

This was brought home to me yesterday when I was speaking to a friend of mine who is in a mixed marriage and I am godfather to his son who is five.  Yesterday at school my godson was told by a little girls that she didn't want to play with him because he wasn't white.  Now in this day and age I would like to think that this kid didn't come from a family that was racist or, they would not wish to be perceived in this way but this kid has obviously picked it up from somewhere.    I am, of course, not suggesting that the kid has picked it up from Terry or Suarez but my point just is that it is so important to not only do the right thing but be seen to be doing the right thing and be very strongly and overtly against discrimination.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5048 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »

Cat on the pitch at Anfield stops play momentarily.

The Kop spontaneously bursts into song:

"We only hate cats, we only hate cats, we're not racist, we only hate cats."

Cheesy

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: February 08, 2012, 07:49:08 PM »

Excellent post.

I also think the FA have handled the Terry thing terribly. I don't like the man, don't think he should have been England captain in the first place and then shouldn't have been reinstated.

However, to remove his captaincy based on an unproven allegation seems ridiculous. Another kangaroo court decision imo.

Don't agree with the last line. Once his case was moved until after the summer he had to go. You can't have him potentially lift the trophy of England's greatest footy success (ok I did LOL) then be found guilty of racism weeks later when there could be pictures of him with a trophy and surrounded by black players around for months.

If his case was to be heard immediately he might have been ok. I think Chelsea missed a trick there.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: February 11, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »

Gg Suarez! 3 more games coming up

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: February 11, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

Defend that Liverpool fans. I can't quite believe it

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain