blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:16:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cycling Betting & Discussion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 139 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cycling Betting & Discussion.  (Read 289078 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 09:58:50 AM »

He won't do time. Even if he gets sued it'll be for millions, when he has tens of millions in the bank.

He'll be alright.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 10:04:37 AM »

He has no remorse!

He has actively ruined people's lives. He has destroyed people. He has no regret for that. It is very clear he is just gutted he got caught!

I can imagine how he has ruined lives, particularly for people who should have been Tour De France champs, but are there any more direct specific examples how he has ruined lives? I'm a noob to Lance Armstrong stuff
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 10:11:04 AM »

He has no remorse!

He has actively ruined people's lives. He has destroyed people. He has no regret for that. It is very clear he is just gutted he got caught!

I can imagine how he has ruined lives, particularly for people who should have been Tour De France champs, but are there any more direct specific examples how he has ruined lives? I'm a noob to Lance Armstrong stuff

Anyone who has even so much as criticised him, let alone levelled cheating against him, he has sued, ranging from a little massuse to national newspapers, and finally USADA. He has "discredited" many along the way.

In his interview, it is passed off as "bullying", well I guess thats one way to describe it. Im not sure it passess for bullying when you purposefully set out to ruin people. Sadly the interview (Part 1) is all about Lance. I sincerely hope she picks him up on the effect he has had on the people he crushed along the way

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »

He has no remorse!

Anyone who has even so much as criticised him, let alone levelled cheating against him, he has sued, ranging from a little massuse to national newspapers, and finally USADA. He has "discredited" many along the way.

In his interview, it is passed off as "bullying", well I guess thats one way to describe it. Im not sure it passess for bullying when you purposefully set out to ruin people. Sadly the interview (Part 1) is all about Lance. I sincerely hope she picks him up on the effect he has had on the people he crushed along the way

Indeed, Emma O'Reilly (massuse), Frankie & Betsy Andreu (former close friends), Christophe Bassons (former rider), Paul Kimmage (journalist) all spoke out against Armstrong. All were bullied & lives ruined by him. But to their credit never gave up, & with the help of Sunday Times journalist David Walsh were finally vindicated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21072776

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »

Funny construct all this.

Don't have much sympathy for the people 'whose lives he ruined' - they chose to get in the ring. Coulda looked the other way like the whole sport did for years.

Also, pretty lol to feel sorry for all the incredibly 'clean' cyclists who couldn't win the TdF cause Armstrong was cheating. I've researched this thoroughly and can reveal that 98.3% of TdF cyclists were drug cheats in the period when Armstrong won it all

sola virtus nobilitat
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »

Only seen part one, yes he will make a good politician! He should of held his hand up and copped the lot, not look to turn things round. He has lived a lie for soo long it's difficult for him to distinguish between what lies he still believes and what he can cling on to.

I often say it is a bigger and better man to admit to his mistakes than the one who hides  behind these, Lance shows he is a very small boy. Now for part 2.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »

He has no remorse!

Indeed, Emma O'Reilly (massuse), Frankie & Betsy Andreu (former close friends), Christophe Bassons (former rider), Paul Kimmage (journalist) all spoke out against Armstrong. All were bullied & lives ruined by him. But to their credit never gave up, & with the help of Sunday Times journalist David Walsh were finally vindicated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21072776

No point being vindicated when your life is ruined IMO

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »

Armstrong comes across as somebody totally devoid of morality to me. The extent of his cheating and lies boggles my mind. I remember attending seminars with work about success and achievement where we were encouraged to be like Lance Armstrong in pursuit of our goals. Er, no thanks. The serious point is he wasn't just a cyclist, he was somebody who epitomised human spirit and endeavour to a lot of people. Those associations only intensified after his cancer battle and all that livestrong bollocks. So he had a lot of responsibility to preserve the integrity of these great human qualities, but just pissed that away to cheat and lie instead.

I used to love sport and look up to sporting heroes. I don't know what to make of sport these days because everybody seems to be cheating or match fixing or conning somebody. Anybody who looked up to Lance Armstrong and found him an inspiration has been the victim of a hoax and I don't think his explanations serve much purpose in repairing that damage.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »

Value alert.

Tour Down Under market has just been made. Hills go Gilbert 20/1. I'd have made him second fav around 6/1- 7/1

http://www.oddschecker.com//cycling/tour-down-under/winner

Hopefully find some time over the weekend to look closer at the race & betting market.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »

Value alert.

Tour Down Under market has just been made. Hills go Gilbert 20/1. I'd have made him second fav around 6/1- 7/1

Hopefully find some time over the weekend to look closer at the race & betting market.

Is the value not with EBH at 8's?

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2013, 07:39:16 PM »

Value alert.

Is the value not with EBH at 8's?

depends on what price you make him.

Before the market went live, I'd have him priced in the same region as Gilbert, so not value in my book.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »

The TDF is passing through my village, will nobble riders for cash  Cheesy

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 10:18:23 AM »

TOUR DOWN UNDER 2013. 20-27 January.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

The first World Tour stage race of the season, & consequently difficult to predict any form.  Overall this race looks to favour the puncheurs (Classics type riders) for the overall. Stages 1, 4, and 6 for the sprinters. Weather can be a big factor with temperatures in the 40s, but forecasts seem to be in the low 30s in Adelaide next week.

Looking at the teams sent, three stand out.

http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/start-list.htm

Orica GreenEdge. Gerrans, last years winner, will be the GC rider. Matt Goss the sprinter. The Aussie team & riders are in form after the Jayco Tour & Nationals. An Aussie has won the TDU 8 times out of 14 editions. Gerrans was disappointing in the Nationals, but his goal is perhaps the TDU.

BMC look to have sent a team full of domestiques purely to support Philippe Gilbert, the current Rainbow jersey (World champ). Although the Sprint Classics are his main motivation, this TDU seems to be an opportunity for him, especially as reports from his winter training have been positive. Stage 2 looks made for him, if he can attack on the last steep climb & descend well, valuable seconds can be gained. It’s possible that this is the selective stage, if not Stage 5 will certainly be the key stage. This also looks to have characteristics to suit Gilbert. At 151.5km, it's the longest stage of the race and features a 3.1 kilometre climb to the finish.

Interestingly Sky have sent their Classics group of riders, headed by Edvald Boasson Hagen. One of Sky’s aims for the year is to win a one day Classic. Are they using this race as part of the early season training? I doubt it, it’s not part of Sky’s ethos, they are there to win. 7th last year, if EBH has found some early season form he’ll be in on the podium at least.

Suspect the podium will comprise the above, with perhaps a sprinter like Greipel nipping into the top 5 if his team can get him over the lumpy stuff.

The sprints should be dominated by Andre Greipel (Lotto-Belisol), with Marcel Kittel (Argos-Shimano), also in the mix.

Outsiders & ones to watch. Tiago Machado (Radioshack), 3rd last year, aggressive rider, but tactically naive. Rohan Dennis (Garmin-Sharp), a young Aussie on a US team, 5th last year, & should feature at some stage. Peter Velits (OPQS), an all-rounder, with a strong team.

The 20/1 for Gilbert is long gone.

I notice Andy Schleck is priced between 25 & 100/1, reflecting his unknown form after last years injury hit season. He’s expected to slowly build this season towards the TDF, we‘ll see.

Live coverage & highlights on Sky.

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »

Santos Tour Down Under kicked off with the criterium (People's Choice Classic) on Sunday, but while it is part of the broader event, it isn't actually part of the Tour Down Under itself. Stage 1 is on Tuesday.

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »

Cavendish kicks off his season on Monday in the Tour de San Luis, Argentina. Plenty of big names joining him, Contador, Nibali, Sagan, Chavanel, Van Garderen, Hushovd, Rodriguez, & Van den Broeck.

No betting market for this low key event, but will be good info on form & team strengths.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 139 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: