blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:53:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I just got told off by FullTilt for my chatbox activity
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just got told off by FullTilt for my chatbox activity  (Read 5394 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »

when I get berated in the chat box, which happens often, my stock response these days is to submit the abuser to a barrage of different smiley faces

Smiley
Cheesy
Tongue
thumbs up
 Kiss
Grin
 Roll Eyes

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »

For some reason, the thought of you aligning yourself with Vinni conjurers up an image of a snooker player addressing a cue ball.

If Vinni were a snooker ball, what colour would he be?

" PINK " because I think he's gay !!

Brilliant Smiley

Lol. REDDOG SO FUNNY
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 12:54:46 PM »

I don't really get why you would write anything back in the chat box.

Fairly sure if this wasn't the legendary honeybadger, someone woulda posted to say how shitty your reply was.

Maybe it's too early for me to see the funny side?

Much as it pains me to align myself with Vinni, & against someone as universally respected as Stu, Vinni echoes my EXACT thoughts on this.

I'm really surprised that someone as mature & level-headed as Stu, who rarely does anything I can't comprehend, would even get involved, & lower himself to engage with these people. (The abuser, not the Site). Surely we are above all that by now? Not sure the richly sarcastic reply to FT would have helped our cause much, either. Sarcasm & irony rarely helps solve a problem, it just prolongs & worsens it.  

Maybe, again like Vinni, it's a bit early in the day for me to appreciate some hidden subtlety or nuance, if so, apologies.

PS - you must have a LOT of time on your hands, irrespective of the rights & wrongs of this! Teach me to play PLO8 better with some of that spare time, please. Seriously.

I was just having fun! The guy called me all sorts of horrible things, and told me he hoped I died of cancer. Amongst other things. So he was fair game for having some fun with IMO. Nothing wrong with having a bit of a laugh every now and then, and that's all I was doing... Enjoying myself. It cheered me right up.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »

I've never had anyone abuse me in the chatbox, but then I've never outdrawn anyone online ever. Never comes.

I get quite a bit live and generally on the street, mind.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 01:20:27 PM »

I've never had anyone abuse me in the chatbox, but then I've never outdrawn anyone online ever. Never comes.

I get quite a bit live and generally on the street, mind.

I think u can mute people that talk rubbish on table . Like me , I mute myself !!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 01:27:33 PM »

Stealing Jimmy Carr's joke pretty blatant imo.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »

Stealing Jimmy Carr's joke pretty blatant imo.

Yeah true... but I did include a link in the email to 'admit' to the plagiarism.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 01:40:47 PM »

Jimmy Carr stole standard yer mum routine off the Internet IMO*.

* tho to be fair visual gag is v good.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »

Fairly sure if this wasn't the legendary honeybadger, someone woulda posted to say how shitty your reply was.

Much as it pains me to align myself with Vinni, & against someone as universally respected as Stu, Vinni echoes my EXACT thoughts on this.

I'm really surprised that someone as mature & level-headed as Stu, who rarely does anything I can't comprehend, would even get involved, & lower himself to engage with these people. (The abuser, not the Site). Surely we are above all that by now? Not sure the richly sarcastic reply to FT would have helped our cause much, either. Sarcasm & irony rarely helps solve a problem, it just prolongs & worsens it.  

Maybe, again like Vinni, it's a bit early in the day for me to appreciate some hidden subtlety or nuance, if so, apologies.

PS - you must have a LOT of time on your hands, irrespective of the rights & wrongs of this! Teach me to play PLO8 better with some of that spare time, please. Seriously.

I was just having fun! The guy called me all sorts of horrible things, and told me he hoped I died of cancer. Amongst other things. So he was fair game for having some fun with IMO. Nothing wrong with having a bit of a laugh every now and then, and that's all I was doing... Enjoying myself. It cheered me right up.

Yes, fair enough, you are probably right. My sense of humour seems to desert me in the mornings.

I still want to learn to play PLO8 better though.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:33 PM »

Yes, fair enough, you are probably right. My sense of humour seems to desert me in the mornings.

It's usually gone for about 24 hours. (that's if he doesn't get grumpy)

The older I get, the better I was.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 02:40:16 PM »

Me too!

You are welcome to sweat me (via Skype or Teamviewer) playing online if you want. It is not PLO8 though... I am currently grinding 6 card Omaha (High) on Fulltilt.

Also, if you want to chat about PLO8 we can do so over Skype if you want? Not sure if I will be able to give you much useful advice though, but perhaps we can learn from each other? I am much more versed in 5 and 6 card PLO8 than I am in the straight 4 card game. But I know a couple of the little 'tricks' at 4 card that you may or may not be aware of.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:44:25 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 02:45:10 PM »

Me too!

You are welcome to sweat me (via Skype or Teamviewer) playing online if you want. It is not PLO8 though... I am currently grinding 6 card Omaha on Fulltilt.

Also, if you want to chat about PLO8 we can do so over Skype if you want? Not sure if I will be able to give you much useful advice though, but perhaps we can learn from each other? I am much more versed in 5 and 6 card PLO8 than I am in the straight 4 card game. But I know a couple of the little 'tricks' at 4 card that you may or may not be aware of.

Skype? Teamviewer? What them?

I have a Pager, if that helps.

Will reply properly a bit later, bit tied up at the mo.

Thanks!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 03:06:55 PM »

PM me or call/text me. You still have my mobile number, right?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »

555-F#$*

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 03:32:12 PM »

555-F#$*

Looks like the form of most  NH horses I back...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: