blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I just got told off by FullTilt for my chatbox activity
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just got told off by FullTilt for my chatbox activity  (Read 5398 times)
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:58:44 AM »

I received an email from FullTilt tonight warning me about abusing my chatbox privileges. It told me that 'calling names' and 'harassing' players is not allowed. And it quoted what I had typed as evidence (see below).

What actually happened is that a player was very rude to me after I beat him in a pot. And I responded in the following way:

Does your mum know you use language like that?

I am going to tell her... she is here with me right now.

She can't respond though I'm afraid.

Because she has her mouth full.

Which I thought was rather funny tbh, although some may disagree.

Anyway, I wrote a long email response to FullTilt, and thought I'd share it with you:

Dear Jennifer,

I assume there has been a mistake. I was neither harassing anyone, nor calling anyone names at the table!

If you carefully re-read the exact wording of what I typed you will notice that in fact I did not say anything wrong/offensive at all. There is surely nothing offensive about saying I will tell someone's mum that they use abusive language? Neither can there be anything wrong with saying that his mum is here with me now. And finally, what is wrong with saying that she has her mouth full? We all get hungry sometimes, and I have myself been known to cram far too much ham and cheese toastie into my mouth from time to time. Gluttony is a sin, but it one of the minor sins in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of tawdry mind you have Jennifer, but you have obviously jumped to certain conclusions about what I was inferring. Shame on you.

Okay, okay... I am only joking! I will come clean. I admit that I did intend to infer that his mum was engaged in ... I blush to even type the words ... pleasuring me, whilst he spent his valuable time harassing me in the chatbox. And I feel utterly ashamed of myself, particularly as you - no doubt an upstanding lady of innocence and virtue - have had the misfortune to read the shameful words I wrote.

Being a little more serious now Jennifer. I was merely responding with humour to an unpleasant person who was being rude to me in the chatbox. If you look at the full chat log then you will see that HE was the one abusing me, not the other way round. At the risk of sounding like a schoolchild... he started it. I was merely responding.

Now granted, my response was a little politically incorrect. Your Mum jokes are of course rather juvenile, and perhaps a little sexist. But it is really just a funny way of putting down someone who berates me, rather than the other way round. And it is pretty funny too, you must admit. Surely you must admire the comedic device, even if you are not personally a huge fan of the subject matter.

My response was meant to be playful and light-hearted, and to teach a gentle lesson to the guy that it is not okay to abuse someone in chat. I tried to do it with humour rather than getting into a big war of words with him.

But rest assured, I will refrain from using this humorous retort next time I am berated in the chatbox. I will try to think of something else to say in response instead. It probably won't be as effective in getting offenders to desist from their textual beastliness. Neither will it be as funny. But I promise that I will never again type what I did.

By the way, have you any ideas for a witty retort that I could use instead? Preferably something that is funny and playful, yet puts the chat abuser firmly in his place, and makes him realise that I am not someone to be messing with. If you have any ideas please let me know. I would love to hear back from you.

Kindest regards, sincerest apologies, and lots and lots of love.

Stu

P.S. As a further apology I am including a link to a very funny YouTube clip of Jimmy Carr (yes, the evil tax evader) putting down a heckler at one of his shows. It is on a related theme. I hope you enjoy it and that it gives you a giggle at work and brightens up your day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PioR66L8Hq0

P.S.S. Since I have apologised from the heart, do you think it may be possible to turn off the Doomswitch on my FullTilt account? I suspect that the person in charge of turning the switch on and off has forgotten about my account, and has left the switch in a permanent on position. Also, it seems that he has turned the setting all the way up to TOTAL DOOM. Which I think is a little harsh. Fair perhaps, given my dastardly chatbox misdemeanors. But definitely harsh. Morale really is at an all time low right now and I worry that, with the distraction of humorous chat banter now denied to me, it may soon reach rock bottom. Will you please look into it if I promise to behave myself in the chatbox and not to bombard you with any more YouTube links? It would really mean a lot Jennifer. Thanks so much xxx
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 07:22:57 AM »

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 07:39:25 AM »

Lmao

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »

I think the fact it was funny was the reason why you only got a warning.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »

Lol. Don't think Jimmy Carr was a tax evader though.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 08:41:17 AM »

So did the offender report you for the chat? I figure he must have done so for them to be aware of it?

Playing devils advocate, he could be really protective of his mum, and this take offence to the inferred comments about her.

That said, its all madness to police this type of thing, as taking offence ranges so differently it's impossible.

Offence is taken not given!

Carpe Diem
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »

Keyboard warrior ! Lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »

I don't really get why you would write anything back in the chat box.

Fairly sure if this wasn't the legendary honeybadger, someone woulda posted to say how shitty your reply was.

Maybe it's too early for me to see the funny side?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35:32 AM »

Made my Day Stu

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »

I don't really get why you would write anything back in the chat box.

Fairly sure if this wasn't the legendary honeybadger, someone woulda posted to say how shitty your reply was.

Maybe it's too early for me to see the funny side?

Much as it pains me to align myself with Vinni, & against someone as universally respected as Stu, Vinni echoes my EXACT thoughts on this.

I'm really surprised that someone as mature & level-headed as Stu, who rarely does anything I can't comprehend, would even get involved, & lower himself to engage with these people. (The abuser, not the Site). Surely we are above all that by now? Not sure the richly sarcastic reply to FT would have helped our cause much, either. Sarcasm & irony rarely helps solve a problem, it just prolongs & worsens it. 

Maybe, again like Vinni, it's a bit early in the day for me to appreciate some hidden subtlety or nuance, if so, apologies.

PS - you must have a LOT of time on your hands, irrespective of the rights & wrongs of this! Teach me to play PLO8 better with some of that spare time, please. Seriously.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:48:57 AM »

For some reason, the thought of you aligning yourself with Vinni conjurers up an image of a snooker player addressing a cue ball.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »

For some reason, the thought of you aligning yourself with Vinni conjurers up an image of a snooker player addressing a cue ball.

If Vinni were a snooker ball, what colour would he be?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 10:56:27 AM »

Red, because there's lots of him.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »

Red, because there's lots of him.

Brilliant Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »

Standard

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: