blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde poker 2012 advent calendar
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde poker 2012 advent calendar  (Read 113047 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: December 21, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »

Why is everyone saying he's a good pick for taking the abuse so well? That's basically the reason tighty put him in the calendar, he didn't have a single other positive thing to say about him.

So why is this such a great thing? It's like saying well John Terry might be a total twat but he takes the abuse well so fair enough, lets give him a medal.

He is entertaining

It's like the sun writes shit but entertaining
cant be many more years until you get nominated Paul Wink

Lol doubt I will ever make it
Don't contribute much and not in the clique Wink

the memory of you queuing for shoes should be enough imo
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 21, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »

Wow, thanks for this! I didn't expect it when all I have aired is my opinion, which somewhat isn't always right. Although not sure I deserve it when there is no poker results to show. But I genuinely hope I added something to forum over the last year or so.

Actually get the feeling that I added some talking points, which made forum have talking points, when forum was apparently dying.

Although I can't post much now, as I have been putting it of as want going to waste time shopping when world may end Smiley
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 21, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »

PS - LOL at Facebook.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 21, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »

Aaron is my favourite troll by far. Sorry herbie ;-)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 21, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »

Why is everyone saying he's a good pick for taking the abuse so well? That's basically the reason tighty put him in the calendar, he didn't have a single other positive thing to say about him.

So why is this such a great thing? It's like saying well John Terry might be a total twat but he takes the abuse well so fair enough, lets give him a medal.

You have to be taking the piss? He contributes in many threads, adding an interesting opinion for the most part. I've seen some of his rofl moments, but if people aren't free to express their opinions then why even bother with the forum. I really don't see him trolling. That word is so tilting on an adult poker forum. I used to play a game that had a really active clan forum. This forum, like blonde was a community of people posting about a mutual interesting topic. Trolling became a big part of that forum, and I don't think aaron could ever be considered a troll. You might disagree with him, (and fuck me that AJ thread is tilting) you might think he posts total shite, but i really don't think he has ever trollled, i.e posted something in order to tilt/get a reaction.

"In Internet slang, a troll ) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted.""

Aaron rarely posts inflammatory/irrelevant comments, and provokes plenty of discussion, even those some of his poker strategy/bets have been total dross Tongue

You cannot really feel strongly enough about this for it to affect your day surely?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 21, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »

but i really don't think he has ever trollled, i.e posted something in order to tilt/get a reaction

Lol did you not read my diary a few days ago. When he went back pages and pages to quote my November results (only losing month of the year) and quoted them "in case anybody else wanted to see them".

I didn't care cos it's my only losing month of the year and in pretty pleased with my results overall, so just found it hilarious that he did that, as did everyone else.

But how is that not trolling or trying to get a reaction whatever you want to call it?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 21, 2012, 07:15:04 PM »

What's wrong with a bit of trolling anyway?    Cheesy

Every forum needs a few comedy trolls if you ask me.  Smiley. Spices the place up a bit.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:22:15 PM by Woodsey » Logged
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 21, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »

but i really don't think he has ever trollled, i.e posted something in order to tilt/get a reaction

Lol did you not read my diary a few days ago. When he went back pages and pages to quote my November results (only losing month of the year) and quoted them "in case anybody else wanted to see them".

I didn't care cos it's my only losing month of the year and in pretty pleased with my results overall, so just found it hilarious that he did that, as did everyone else.

But how is that not trolling or trying to get a reaction whatever you want to call it?

Thin.

Ok missed that, but it shouldn't affect your life mate! Honestly compared to some of the posting shit i saw on that forum blonde will be 100% tamer no matter what. It really showed the best and worst in people in many situations. He certainly has his moments, but I think his early posts and the occasional bit of mischief he is a good addition to blonde. Certainly has generated 100x the discussion i have! The advent calendar has somehow turned into an actual big deal instead of a light-hearted way to read some highlights of the year and see a few new faces etc.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 21, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »

Alex, think you may need to have a word here.

I couldn't see what you did in November, found it & posted it. It saves people going back 10+ pages, your results are there for show, so me posting them again (to help others searching) is not trolling. If you genuinely think I was trying to be rude or troll, then ill buy you a drink to apologise, was not meant to be that way.

Forum would have been even more "dead" without me here Snd the nonsense I post and my awful betting theories Smiley Smiley

Thank god I don't post when drunk, which in both photos Tighty posted I was Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 21, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »

Aaron, me old fruit

The forum hasn't been dead at any point in the last eight years. It's gone through different phases, with different people and different strengths and weaknesses. 2012 has been no different than any other year in terms of that

Feel like you're trolling me now :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: December 21, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »

Did you post your November results? 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 21, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »

Aaron for Mod ! (This is probably trolling Tighty  )

but it would be cool : )

nice pick Tighty lol
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 21, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »

Aaron always makes me smile and is a cracking choice on an internet forum where different views should be encouraged.

And he's a Wednesday fan :-)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 22, 2012, 08:37:12 AM »

lol, who gives a shit? Fk me? Can't believe i haven't been given an award for my OMG Milf thread or my 'breakfast' pic yet? wtffffffffffffff
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:40:01 AM by Amatay » Logged

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 22, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »

behind door 22

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: