blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:40:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand from Blackpool 300 freezeout
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand from Blackpool 300 freezeout  (Read 2068 times)
Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 11:31:39 AM »

When the Ali makes it 800 to play, I would minimum raise the sb to 1600. Mickey will soon tell you if he has an 8. Any resistance by smooth call or reraise from Mickey and I am giving the pot up. Only 800 more than you put in to find out exactly where you stood. If Mickey passes and Ali just calls the 800, I then lead out big on any turn card (unless its an ace where I try and look p*ssed off that I have been outdrew and check Wink)

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 02:37:38 AM »

why does he want to get rid of the sb with trips here . No way , it doesnt make sense

Thats just how Mickey plays, i pass here.

Question is where were the good players in this comp....i didn't see any!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Bertpup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 08:57:41 PM »

Sorry for the long time to reply. I decided to pass because i honestly had no idea where i was in the hand. I think my major mistake was that i didnt raise ali after he had first bet.

After i folded i showed the Ace and said i was giving Mickey too much credit hoping to get some info out of him. He told me that he had Ace 10 but was/still am a little dubious about that. I think he either had the 8 and recognised that i had the ace due to calling Ali or he had none of it and thought he could get me to lay my hand down (which he could).

The most annoying thing about this hand is that i have never given so much thought to any hand i have ever played and changed my opinion on it so much.
JP

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »

Mickey is more than capable of a move here. Folding is ok here you are out of position vs one of the best players in the tournament. You can wait for a better spot. I prob play it like you but might call the flop raise, played with Mickey quite a bit and have a fairly good line on his play most of the time Smiley.

Best play though is to fold.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: