blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 12:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DID I DO THE RIGHT THING
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DID I DO THE RIGHT THING  (Read 2904 times)
wsopin07

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2005, 06:48:39 PM »

YESTERDAY in the Palm Beach comp I may have made a great mistake!!!!!!

Blinds 75/150 w/ a raise to 700 in early position and 2 limpers, I flat called w/ only an old geezer still to act behind me. I have TT and feel I am in good shape to make a play at this even if I miss the flop.

Problem is the Old Geezer makes it 7,800!!! What the hell!! Everyone folds to me, what do I do (I never like to lay down, alot in the pot)

Do I push my 18,000, Geezer barely has me covered? Do I call and take it after the flop?? Do I fold??

Well because the old gezzer was  ???Tikay Grin I think I made the worst (and only ) lay down of my LIFE!!!l   

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE ??

tikay shows 1 jack, today I woke up sreaming 'WHAT THE HELL DID I DO'

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 06:56:02 PM »

tikay can't resist a stab at a mulit-called pot - he is a complete at-it merchant, i would have called in a shot - he probably had J-2!
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »

don't worry he had pocket jacks... tikay wouid'nt have made a move like that, not in against a man who is liable to ''call his bluff'' so to speak!

he does see ur flat call as a sign of weakness tho, and feels he only has to get his raise past the intial raiser... well thats what i think tho, if he's been watching julian and roland tho he may have had j10 and thought none of those guys can call me!

Ian

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 07:37:06 PM »

you laid dog a 4-1 dog IMHO, at best you were coin flipping, there wasnt that much in the pot compared with the amount you were risking
laying down a pp is always a what if move but in this cae it was the right move

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 09:21:54 PM »

afraid junior's right brian,
that's tikays 'signature dish'.

at-it, always a pleasure to hear from you, i'm off on me hols, hope to lock horns in luton...
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 09:39:20 PM »

its a shame that so many people have tikay down as a 'rock' - you honestly have no idea!

Julian is right - that is his M.O. - waits for several limpers or a small raise and several calls and then bammmmm! - pops out a shell and you can't call! - ATITMERCHANT!

lol
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 02:58:19 AM »

never again, i will never lay down a hand again Grin

the geezer was wrong to take advantage of an American here in London trying to have fun and make new friends. I would never make a play on a nice English Guy that came to the US to have fun and play some 'family poker w/ friends'!

I am the 1st bloke to buy a beer, shake your hand, (date your wife?)

No more Mr. Nice Guy, if you cross my path I will take no prisoners Grin

The Rookie U DONT want to play against Huh? Grin

Rock, I might knock him in the mouth so I can see if he is a rock or a bluffer Cool Shocked Grin Huh? Cheesy

Watchout Mr. Tikay , this is war Angry

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 03:40:26 AM »

Look here fella.

I Re-Raised you because.....

1) In that situation, that was the correct way to play against someone I judge to be "weak/tight/passive".

2) I reasoned that you would not have the ba**s to call. I was correct.

3) I DID show my hand, I had Jacks - in fact, I went so far as to show you one of them.

So in fact, I was right, & as it happens, you were right too, because I DID have an overpair, almost certainly. I would go so far as to say I am 95% - well at least 80% - sure I had JJ.

As the saying goes, "if you see a weasel sleeping, pi** in it's ear".

PS - I hope you dont find this patronising or condescending, but I am only trying to help. They have a 10 Rookies Night at Gala Notts every Tuesday. Why not give it a try?

And Junior is way out of order too, the suggestion that I had J-2 is just silly. I never - never ever - make that play with less than J4.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 10:14:30 AM »

Funny you say that Tikay, as I was reading the thread I said out loud, "J,2? pft it was J,4 miminum."

AT IT
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 01:59:22 PM »

Yeah Adam, you are not far wrong, but then you are a player, whereas that WSOPin06 fella, he's just a rock. My first job when I get a table move is to suss out the weak player who is going to be easy to push off a hand. When I moved tables on Saturday, I looked round, I saw Mark Williams & Ken Doherty, the 2 snooker geezers, Mad Marty Wilson, Bracelet winner James Vogl, & I'm thinking, "jeez, where am I gonna get my chips from?". Then I spotted Brian. Result!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 02:01:24 PM »

fishy sort of table that infact how do you get so lucky i normally end up with 9 players on my tables you got 5 fish

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 02:27:59 PM »

Hush now Ironside, let them THINK they can play.......

wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »

All right, I dont know what to do.

I guess I need to take the bull by the balls and challenge Tikay to a $100 heads up match on Wendesday Grin

You name the time and place and I will be there, bracelet and all Roll Eyes

The ROOKIE looking to win back his pride!

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 01:18:29 AM »

Well, it has been a long time since my last post, no Tikay!

Had a chat w/ Jen tonight and she told me I was crazy to lay that hand down against "a weak" player Grin

Jen busted Tikay w/ 7/5 off because he is weak Huh?

Lets have a blone championsip after I teach the boy (Tikay)  :-*a lesson or 2, lets play for a real BLONDITE bracelet, I dont know where, but I DO KNOW HOW (to win a bracelet) (and beat that boy tikay)

Im in the VC cup on tues, lets play tues PM

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 01:07:22 PM »

I have been snowed under with other stuff Brian, & not been on the Forum as much as I should, or want, to. But am back now, busy catching up.

Jen said I was WEAK? I don't believe you. She sees me as strong and dominant. But then most womend do.

You want to challenge me to a Heads-Up duel? YOU challenge ME? You jest. Think of the shame when the Forum finds out that Big Bad Brian has been whopped by tikay. I have only lost one H-U match all year.

I am up for it. Ready and waiting, in fact. Any time, any place.

I can FEEL the ReRaise........

Am off to London in next 20 minutes, maybe see you later. Dinner at The Palm Beach with a friend, then across to The Vic for the comp. I tell you that so you can avoid me more easily.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: