blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cos I'm like er, pretty passive man
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cos I'm like er, pretty passive man  (Read 1316 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2007, 10:20:26 AM »

Villain 22/8/0.9/3953, a regular. We've never clashed much, I've haven't bothered going through his hands on PT, he's not gonna be stacking off light usually, bluffing frequencies amounst regs is generally low but obv you have to bluff sometimes in order to get paid off occasionally. Calling range pre probably something like any pair, most SCs, AQo, QTs+and ATs+ bt never to stack off with TP only to flop 2 pair or better.

Seat 1: 00Olees00 ($162.90 in chips)
Seat 2: goben ($196.00 in chips)
Seat 3: Santalino ($35.00 in chips)
Seat 4: lockard1 ($66.10 in chips) DEALER
Seat 6: BrokenCar ($190.08 in chips)
Seat 7: iamthat ($149.95 in chips)
Seat 8: arbalete ($68.70 in chips)
Seat 9: ByrnKincaid ($197.00 in chips)
Seat 10: spyderbob ($39.00 in chips)
BrokenCar: Post SB $1.00
iamthat: Post BB $2.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ByrnKincaid 
Dealt to BrokenCar []
arbalete: Fold
ByrnKincaid: Raise $8.00
spyderbob: Fold
00Olees00: Fold
goben: Fold
Santalino: Fold
lockard1: Fold
BrokenCar: Call $7.00
iamthat: Fold
*** FLOP ***     
BrokenCar: Check
ByrnKincaid: Bet $14.00
BrokenCar: Raise $45.00
ByrnKincaid: Call $31.00
*** TURN *** []
BrokenCar: Bet $75.00
ByrnKincaid: Call $75.00
*** RIVER *** []
BrokenCar: Bet $62.08
ByrnKincaid: Call $62.08

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:41:41 AM »

Is the call on the end a 'curiosity call' or you still think your comfortably ahead?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 10:47:30 AM »

Is the call on the end a 'curiosity call' or you still think your comfortably ahead?

it's a I think I'm beat but getting a zillion/1 crying call.
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 11:02:42 AM »

Why didn't you 4 - bet the flop and get all - in?

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 11:05:34 AM »

Damn, Lloyd already asked it...what's with the flatcall of his check raise on the flop? and again on the turn?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 11:10:02 AM »

I didn't know if I had the best hand, I didn't know if he'd get AI with a worse hand. TBH I was hoping the board paired Smiley
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:05 AM »

I didn't know if I had the best hand, I didn't know if he'd get AI with a worse hand. TBH I was hoping the board paired Smiley

He calls AJ and A10 pre right? J10 aswell? AQ? He re - raises AA I would assume yes? Does he reraise AK preflop?

I know we are done against JJ and hoping for a board pair against KQ - but we can't ever fold 1010 on a later street anyway so why don't we just get it in now? Looking at his AF stats, he's not the type of player that is going to double or triple barrell the rest of his stack off on a bluff. So calling the 3 bet in order to allow him to bluff at us etc doesn't really apply.

There are hands in his range we beat. We have some equity against the current nuts. Lets just ship the lot in on the flop IMO.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »

He calls AJ and A10 pre right? J10 aswell? AQ? He re - raises AA I would assume yes? Does he reraise AK preflop?

I know we are done against JJ and hoping for a board pair against KQ - but we can't ever fold 1010 on a later street anyway so why don't we just get it in now? Looking at his AF stats, he's not the type of player that is going to double or triple barrell the rest of his stack off on a bluff. So calling the 3 bet in order to allow him to bluff at us etc doesn't really apply.

There are hands in his range we beat. We have some equity against the current nuts. Lets just ship the lot in on the flop IMO.

I agree, push on the flop, failing that definately push on the turn
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 04:30:01 PM »

Against a lot of opponents, and with a less scary board, flat calling the flop is fine if we have position.

However, you have to push here on the flop really (even though there is a far greater chance that a decent reg will have KQ here rather than AJ/AT) because there is also a good chance that he is drawing.

Given that you flat called the flop, you have to raise the turn here: If you're beat, then you're paying him off the river regardless- whereas if he is drawing, then you'll only get the rest of his chips in the middle if he hits.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 04:32:24 PM by Smart Money » Logged

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 09:35:06 PM »

If you flat call that flop bet then you have to call turn and river bricklaying 2. I hate playing these ppl, look at his stats again guys, his aggression rating is 0.9/3k hands which is utterly absurd! Generally when he raises he has to have a huge hand. Having said all that i get it ai on flop 90% of time and expect to be up against 2pr/combo draw/suckout enough of the time to make money.

Also Byron we need some idea of ur image here before we can respond. Villain views you as tight? Or have you been to the twilight zone with him b4?
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 02:25:08 AM »

i love the flop play, I dont think it should be your standard line, but its kinda sexy. Gotta send it in on the turn though, otherwise you are just lettin yourself get negative freerolled.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »

OK thanks guys, He had JJ. I was wondering if I could have got away on the turn perhaps but I really wasn't sure.

he's not the type of player that is going to double or triple barrell the rest of his stack off on a bluff.

this works the other way? if he ain't bluffing perhaps I should be folding?

I was scared that there was a good chance I was beat here but I guess I post this hand but forget about all the times he has 2 pair or a FD or whatever.

I have been thinking the thing about scare cards is that they may shut him down as well as us and we get to a cheap showdown in hands like this. If I ship it on the flop don't I get called if I'm beat or if he has a monster draw and fold out some hands like JT perhaps? If say  comes on the turn we both poo our pants and check.

The thing about FR is that you can often put people on very tight ranges compared to 6 max so I should be able to make sick folds especially as regs tend to play passive ABC against each other as the mental energy required playing back at each other across 8 tables is kinda silly when you can be concentrating on the fish instead. This is unspoken BTW not talking about collusion but quite a few opponents I battle with and then after a few days you think WTF we've spent 3 days floating and C/R bluffing each other and we're evens so why bother.

waiting for a boldie post re passive poker is losing poker and I should be a man and SHOVE! Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »

waiting for a boldie post re passive poker is losing poker and I should be a man and SHOVE! Smiley

hehehe..well passive poker is losing poker..your thought process is quite interesting here but I do think giving away free cards on this dangerous a board can't be a good thing, so at some stage (probably the turn) you should definetly have got your chips in or folded..and I don't think you can fold there.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: