blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Constructive criticism required
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Constructive criticism required  (Read 19947 times)
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:54 AM »

The comments that lament the fact that posters don't explain why they would play a hand differently confuse me. I always give reasons for why I would do things differently (as does Flushy and Cooker) and yet we are still the "bad guys". Even when you give a detailed reasoning and analysis the counter is: "well I have my style that works for me and I'm choosing to stick to it". For me, it is those types of posts that are the real problem.

That is how you see things in your head Lloyd.

Now read how Cooker involves himself in the discussion of TightEnd's hand.

While I understand the mods points about civility on the forum and I agree there is a certain level of decency that should be kept but Mantis posts or so incredibly wrong and fundamentally flawed in every way that it is in interest of everyone who reads this for it to be noted. For the good of the forum this has to be pointed out and has it to happen over and over again when he posts.

That is how it is in reality.

Confusion over.

There are many many other eg's of similar and in reality it is those types of posts which are the real problem.

While I concede I may have been overly harsh in the above post my point still stands in general and does generally go along with what Lloyd was saying.
If someone whether you, me or whoever posts something which is fundamentally incorrect and has been shown in many previous posts then it is only right that this be argued. If this continues over numerous threads and the same "mistakes" are been made over and over again then should be pinpointed and pointed out everytime. It's for good of everyone.

Also for whoever said they rather the good posters explain their reasoning. Yes that would be good but people only have enough time in the day. I would much rather a quality poster reply to any HH I post saying something like raise pf, b/f the flop etc then not post at all. That way I can think why they like that line and what the advantages are and do some thinking for myself.
Something is better then nothing

But there will always be winning players that fundamentally disagree with anothers view, even after it has been debated and tossed around from Monday to Friday. I think this board should really just be about stimulating the way people think rather than getting into the facade of finding the "right" play.

I don't see the difference
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »

Quote from: [url=http://www.blondepoker.com/blondepedia/blondepedia_view_player.php?player_id=1198
Alex[/url] Martin link=topic=29797.msg615398#msg615398 date=1198803108]
The comments that lament the fact that posters don't explain why they would play a hand differently confuse me. I always give reasons for why I would do things differently (as does Flushy and Cooker) and yet we are still the "bad guys". Even when you give a detailed reasoning and analysis the counter is: "well I have my style that works for me and I'm choosing to stick to it". For me, it is those types of posts that are the real problem.

That is how you see things in your head Lloyd.

Now read how Cooker involves himself in the discussion of TightEnd's hand.

While I understand the mods points about civility on the forum and I agree there is a certain level of decency that should be kept but Mantis posts or so incredibly wrong and fundamentally flawed in every way that it is in interest of everyone who reads this for it to be noted. For the good of the forum this has to be pointed out and has it to happen over and over again when he posts.

That is how it is in reality.

Confusion over.

There are many many other eg's of similar and in reality it is those types of posts which are the real problem.

While I concede I may have been overly harsh in the above post my point still stands in general and does generally go along with what Lloyd was saying.
If someone whether you, me or whoever posts something which is fundamentally incorrect and has been shown in many previous posts then it is only right that this be argued. If this continues over numerous threads and the same "mistakes" are been made over and over again then should be pinpointed and pointed out everytime. It's for good of everyone.

Also for whoever said they rather the good posters explain their reasoning. Yes that would be good but people only have enough time in the day. I would much rather a quality poster reply to any HH I post saying something like raise pf, b/f the flop etc then not post at all. That way I can think why they like that line and what the advantages are and do some thinking for myself.
Something is better then nothing

But there will always be winning players that fundamentally disagree with anothers view, even after it has been debated and tossed around from Monday to Friday. I think this board should really just be about stimulating the way people think rather than getting into the facade of finding the "right" play.

I don't see the difference

maybe you need you thoughts stimulated:)

Patience is a virtue.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2007, 09:11:19 AM »

Thank you for all the comments

I find it very tricky to raise in these spots OOP with hands you'd raise without a second though in late position versus LAGs you know can't pass and then having to fire out and I feel I can be bluffed off with air. This may well though be a function of lack of confidence

As it happens Nav had  and stacked me, but at least I stuck to my plan 

Just out of interest did you get to see the SB cards..what did he have?
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2007, 09:12:37 AM »

Thank you for all the comments

I find it very tricky to raise in these spots OOP with hands you'd raise without a second though in late position versus LAGs you know can't pass and then having to fire out and I feel I can be bluffed off with air. This may well though be a function of lack of confidence

As it happens Nav had  and stacked me, but at least I stuck to my plan 

Just out of interest did you get to see the SB cards..what did he have?

Good point suz Smiley

Patience is a virtue.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2007, 02:41:09 PM »

Crikey, a question on the hand itself?!??!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2007, 02:43:06 PM »

I pushed,  called obviously, and so did KQ off in the SB......(horrible, but I can't really comment after I mangled it!)

My eyes are open wide
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2007, 02:57:57 PM »

Crikey, a question on the hand itself?!??!

what hand?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »

12 pages ago, click on page 1!!

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2007, 04:48:58 PM »

Posted by: TightEnd
I pushed,    called obviously, and so did KQ off in the SB......(horrible, but I can't really comment after I mangled it!)

A raise would have been better then....lol. But in a parallel universe the flop comes Q high, 2 hearts, and you've got a major coup on your hands.

I think Mad's post about Polonius was excellent and pretty relative to poker. Shakespeare loaded everything with hidden meaning and it is all there to be unearthed if you look for it. How you interpret his words, the hidden message, and whether you even acknowledge it's existence, is all down to individual interpretation. Did Polonius have no depth? Did that nervous smile at the poker table mean nothing? It is there to be interpreted.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2007, 05:08:34 PM »

Are you comparing your on PHA to Shakespeare?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »

Are you comparing your on PHA to Shakespeare?

LOL

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »

Everytime I read a Mantis post. It takes me back to my school days and reading Hamlet

No Cooker did. lol.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: